Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation

Go down 
+21
homerj
standhimup
losthope
rubencarter
walsheman
overthebar
tomcruise
White Bridge
lastline
steviegenius
naked-lilly
Square Ball
Flamingo
TONY SOPRANO
paddymartin
Big Full Back
mrblobby
butterfingers
Taibi
TheBigFullForward
CluabĂș
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 pm

God I make a prediction and I am accused of drinking cocktails , bangs on the head etc.

I am sticking with my predictions lol!

As for you Walsheman details of your love life ( or lack of it ) will be leaked if you are not careful.....
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 pm

tomcruise wrote:
God I make a prediction and I am accused of drinking cocktails , bangs on the head etc.

As for you Walsheman details of your love life ( or lack of it ) will be leaked if you are not careful.....
ive an injunction against that happening,seems to be the things to do these days
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:19 am

walsheman wrote:
tomcruise wrote:

ive an injunction against that happening,seems to be the things to do these days

That one who was crying on tv the other morning...... Not bad.. Not bad at all walsheman... You sure do pick'm......Wink
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:23 am

senior winners;moorefield
relegation;kilcock
dark horses; st. kevins

intermediate winners;confey
relegation;caragh
dark horses;straffan

junior winners;robertstown
junior wooden spoon;rathcoffey
dark horses; cappagh
Back to top Go down
CluabĂș
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:08 am

rubencarter wrote:
relegation;kilcock
dark horses; st. kevins

relegation;caragh
dark horses;straffan

dark horses; cappagh

Some price on yyour dark horse treble!!! Kevins, Straffan and Cappagh!!!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:25 am

Intermediate Championship

Ellistown 0-12
Ballykelly 0-09
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:54 am

ballyboy wrote:
Intermediate Championship

Ellistown 0-12
Ballykelly 0-09
Seems by the scoreline that it was a close match ballyboy?
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:19 pm

The scoreline would suggest it was a close match but in reality it wasnt. Ellistown lead by 4 at half time but it could easily of been10+. Two good saves by the ballykelly keeper denied Ellistown while they also kicked several wides (could of been close to ten at half time). Credit must be given to Ballykelly for putting in a good second half performance but they never really threatened. The closest it got was down to two points & Ellistown then tagged on a couple of scores. It always seemed that Ellistown had a extra couple of gears. They will have to start taking their chances if they are to be a force in this years championship
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:10 am

Standhimup while you appear to be giving credit to both teams, the fact is there was only 3 points in it, could a, would a, should a, doesn't count on the score board. If I was to take your view I could say our defence did not give away to much and we missed three scoreable frees in the last 10 minutes plus we kicked three wides close to the end but that would be ignoring the fact that Ellistown were a little bit better and deserved their win. In my opinion the fact that Ellistown are accustomed to playing at a higher level was the difference, we are working hard to lift ourselves to that level and yesterdays evenings performance would indicate to us that we are taking the right steps. We wish ye well in the next round and hope our efforts will see us meet again later in the year
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:09 am

ballyboy it appears that I have hit a nerve, apologies if I did. I would like to clarify that I am not a Ellistown man as it seems that you think I am. I was just giving my opinion on the match.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:03 am

Standhimup, no offence taken and I never thought there was one intended, just giving my opinion on the game
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:16 am

whens the 2nd round draw?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:31 am

walsheman wrote:
How long is a piece of string...
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

Taibi wrote:
walsheman wrote:
How long is a piece of string...
2 foot
so whens the draw?
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

twice the length from the middle to either end.
so antone know when it is whens it pencilled to be played
this may seem a silly question when are kildare out and wat time is it the 22nd i,ve been abroad a while...
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:21 pm

How long is a piece of string?

The wit and wisdom round here lately is staggering.....rapier wit, that is.
Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Second round of the championship was originally scheduled for the10th/ 11th/ 12th of june.

Then there was all that mess with the Chairman resigning either over this or for personal reasons so I'm not sure if that date is still official.

If it is going ahead then, I presume the draw will be before the end of May, maybe even the night of the Kildare match or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 am

rubencarter wrote:
relegation;kilcock
dark horses; st. kevins

relegation;caragh
dark horses;straffan

dark horses; cappagh

Lads,

Dug this old thread out. No one at all mentioned or tipped Athy to win..
Not including all the chancers who included Dark Horses, some that dark you couldn't even see them, RubenCarter had the best return with 2 winners and a relegation...

As for tomcruise..... I wonder was it your heart or head picking Carbury cause if it was your head you could have let us in on the secret and we might have made a few euro each way on yeah.... sunny

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:10 am

Taibi wrote:
Senior Winner: Moorefield
Senior Relegated: Round Towers

Intermediate Winner: Confey
Intermediate Relegated: Ballykelly

Junior Winner: Robertstown
Junior Wooden Spoon: Ardclough

Who care about the Senior championship anyway Basketball
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 am

Big Full Back

i had a feeling that we might go will this year and in fairness we got a good draw from Q/F onwards. I had no bet but I know a few people who backed us at fancy prices. I hope that we can go one better next year but there is stiff competition out there.

I thaught that Celbridge minors had to be the biggest certainties of all time given the number of players on the county panel. However , I thaught the county minor team was one of the worst that I had seen in a long long time. Only for Dublin taking off their best players early , we were looking at a 30 points plus beating. It is hard to weigh up everything.

Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:18 am

Are you being a bit harsh of the county minor team? - If this was such a bad county minor team, imagine how bad the Longford and Offaly teams where, considering we gave them both hidings!!

I hope next year that the fixture backlog can be sorted out, as far as I know there was a special task force set up to review the issues and provide recommendations. Hopefully it will come up with some workable ideas !!
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 am

I watched the minor team most of last year including a convincing victory over Tipperary (the all Ireland winners) played in Tipp. At this age group you cannot make sweeping statements such as inter county. The team had a bad night in Parnell park but that was totally out of character with the performances last year. Also might I add that these comments do nothing to build talented young players for the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation   Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship Predictions Winner/Relegation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2