Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

20 - 25mins half time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

20 - 25mins half time Empty
PostSubject: 20 - 25mins half time   20 - 25mins half time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Does anyone know what was going on at half time on Saturday? Why did it take up to 25mins for both teams to re-emerge?
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: 20 - 25mins half time   20 - 25mins half time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:31 am

It was a bit of shadow-boxing/tactical warfare between the two managers.
McGeeney tried to call Bradley's bluff when he sent out the Kildare subs but I think Bradley had the last laugh (if there was one to be had by coming out second for the second half?).
It was funny when one of the linesmen had to go in and tell the two teams to come out after the sideline official couldn't get them out for the restart. Then as Kildare pondered would they/wouldn't they, on the far side you had Antrim hiding behind the corner like nervous school kids.
But I don't think either team benefited from it...it's not as if either team has a Colm Cooper or Stevie McDonnell sitting on the bench and chomping at the bit to come on and change the game.
Maybe I'm missing something? confused
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 20 - 25mins half time   20 - 25mins half time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Bloody stupid by both managers if you ask me. They were both acting like spoilt children and possibly increasing the likelihood that a player might have picked up an injury in the first 5-10 minutes of the second half.
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: 20 - 25mins half time   20 - 25mins half time Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 am

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. Pretty silly stuff really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 - 25mins half time   20 - 25mins half time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 - 25mins half time
Page 1 of 1