Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Merchandise - best source?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thesodofturf
Junior C
Junior C

Merchandise - best source? Empty
PostSubject: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello everyone. I just had two twin boys and I'm living in the States so obviously the first thing I need for the babies is Kildare jerseys. The only place I could find such a thing was thegaastore.com for 35 Euro - does anyone know where locally you can just walk in and buy novelty gear like that - my family are in Newbridge. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MD
Intercounty
Intercounty
MD

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:51 pm

I think theres a shop in St Conleths park or Hawkfield I am not sure which one however,I am sure there used to be in Conleths park but dont know if it moved to Hawkfield.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Champion sports in WhiteWater have children's jerseys. I'd say Lifestyle Sports do as well. But they're not much cheaper than the online price to be honest
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:45 am

Robinson print in monasterevin do Kildare merchandise but not official jerseys but they print t-shirts, bunting, flags etc.
Back to top Go down
thesodofturf
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks everyone - that's good information. I'll have my father check Champion & Lifestyle but I really like the sound of that place in Monasterevin - the official stuff is all well and good but for a baby it's a bit of a stretch to pay that much...
I remember the place that opened up in Limerick lane during the '98 season that sold and made all kinds of eccentric homemade Kildare stuff - fantastic, nice to bring a bit of variety to the occasion. We were in the Canal end for the final that year surrounded by maroon with our tree branches with bedsheets tied to them!
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 am

Haha you sound like a tight git.. won't buy the kids proper jerseys and tree branches and bed sheets for flags...definatly from newbridge haha
Back to top Go down
thesodofturf
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:02 am

I'll take that as a compliment! Believe me, if I'd money to burn, my babies would be wearing official Kildare nappies.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:35 am

thesodofturf why don't you get your family to go out to Hawkfield to sort out merchandise. At least all money will go back into the GAA in the County rather than into the pockets of the sports shops....
Back to top Go down
thesodofturf
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Good point GaaHead - I agree completely. I'll start there and if they can't provide what I'm looking for, only then will I head to Monasterevin. I'd still put that place over the Sports shops.
Back to top Go down
ccm1
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I was in the oneill shop on the longmile road last week any amount of kildare merchandise even down to babies jerseys and they even print names and they are very resonable
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 am

I passed Donals in Newbridge today and they have "unofficial" t-shirts Which might be what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 am

ccm1 wrote:
I was in the oneill shop on the longmile road last week any amount of kildare merchandise even down to babies jerseys and they even print names and they are very resonable

They've done a good job on refurbishing the shop actually. Good selection of Kildare stuff. €44 for the adult white/green/goalie jersey.

Blue is the predominant colour in there for the moment though!! Smile

Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:15 am

Where exactly is the O Neills shop?
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 am

It's on the long mile road. If you look out for the Aldi store on your left hand side as you drive towards town, the O'Neill's is directly across the other side of the road on your right. You have to go down a laneway and round the back.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:38 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 am

Think the best place would be hawkfield and as one post said the mony goes back into the club.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 am

carburyman dont cod yourself, the money straight in the county board coffers and the clubs get nothing out of it........
Back to top Go down
erebor@topmail.ie
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 am

I think the best place for gear is in the o'neils store in ballyfermet. I think thats where it is anyway. Question
close to Crumlin hospital I got an adult jersey today for just 20 euro
HAPPY DAYS sunny
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 am

erebor@topmail.ie wrote:
I think the best place for gear is in the o'neils store in ballyfermet. I think thats where it is anyway. Question
HAPPY DAYS sunny
the one on the long mile road?
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 am

ManBearPig wrote:
erebor@topmail.ie wrote:
HAPPY DAYS sunny
the one on the long mile road?

Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise - best source?   Merchandise - best source? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merchandise - best source?
Page 1 of 1