Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Brolly is an ass!!

Go down 
+27
parcel
ChopperDalton
GaaHead
hawker
naked-lilly
peile
Pure White
walsheman
johnsmyth
MD
kildaregaa365
Sam1928
SamMaguire
overthebar
KILL BILL
Frankel
the big cal
Big Full Back
Rex
Lily8
stanley
kickingking
flourman
if_in_doubt
bag of white
Could'nt Trap Cement
Stonecold
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Joe Brolly is an ass!! Empty
PostSubject: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Sick of this bitter little man, I wanted to punch the TV tonight, why is he even on the TV??
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Sick of this bitter little man, I wanted to punch the TV tonight, why is he even on the TV??

Kevin Mcstay is better and that says something!
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:18 pm

He is an ass and a terrible pundit but not because he has written Kildare off against Donegal.

I am actually delighted that himself and Davis have predicted Donegal to win.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Could'nt Trap Cement wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

Kevin Mcstay is better and that says something!

Sad but true at this stage.

Brolly seemed to be having a bit of a Dunphy moment there having a go at Cork.

After the Meath match we were criticised because our halfback line do too much of the scoring, and tonight Cork are criticised beacuse their halfbacks don't score enough.

Say what they like just to get a reaction it would seem.

No one mentioned us being a top three team this week which was nice for a change.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

He's just a bitter little man, can't give credit to any team other than his beloved Derry.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

A hateful arrogant condescending dickhead
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:36 pm

Ah lads. We're complaining about hype one week and then giving out when they're writing us off the next. We can't have it both ways. Brolly is just a wind up merchant like Liam Hayes. He just seems to love being controversial for the sake of it. I actually think he can be a fairly insightful analyst when he wants to be but I don't like the way he runs down some teams and players. They're amateurs at the end of the day and don't deserve it.

It's surely a good thing for Kildare if the media start talking up other teams. We seem to have arrived in a position as media darlings for some reason in recent times and it's an unecessary burden. No harm in lads being brought down to earth because we only need to look at some of our near neighbours to see how county teams can suffer when they're given big heads by the media.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Brolly is on the show to provide entertainment, A modern day court Jester. Take what he has to say with a pinch of salt. .
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 am

James Kavanagh was "withered" last year yet up for an All Star.
Can't see why he felt the need to single out a player and insult him for a performance a year ago.
What about his 4 points from play yesterday? or Johnny breaking the records? Don't give us credit anyway Joe!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:21 am

Lily4Life wrote:
James Kavanagh was "withered" last year yet up for an All Star.
Can't see why he felt the need to single out a player and insult him for a performance a year ago.
What about his 4 points from play yesterday? or Johnny breaking the records? Don't give us credit anyway Joe!

That's exactly what's wrong with TSG for the last few years. It's all about putting players and counties down and not properly analysing the game. They should be talking about tactics, player positions, great scores and the like but instead we just get squabbling and pundits being condescending to nearly everyone that they show and focusing on negative after negative.

As for Brolly, you couldn't take anything he says seriously. He was pulled up on his article about Cork and tried to deny that's what he wrote. He said we couldn't beat a mediocre Down team last year and that Cork only beat them by a point. Davis should have mentioned that this mediocre Down team beat the mighty Kerry up a stick in the quarters 12 months ago. But Brolly won't mention that because it does not fit into his argument. He is full of air and should come with a health warning.

On the bright side the hype is dead so the dubs can sleep easy now, we are underdogs next week, just the way we like it.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 am

Great both Tony Davis and Brolly the Trolley tipped Donegal... Cheers lads, good to hear we're the underdogs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 am

This spiteful little man has been a w***er since he blew kisses to the crowd in 93. Has nothing constructie to say about anyone except Derry, well they're gone now.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 am

to be fair to davis and brolly there is some truth in what they say, they have doubts as to whether we can beat the top teams which is fair enough and derry didnt put up a fight against us at all.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 am

Davis is actually very good and his opinion is fair enough, I respect him and his opinion, Brolly is a very annoying condesending little twat, and his criticism of Kavanagh was too harsh and bordering on personal, I dont think we should dwell too much on Brollys opinion. I think the bookies will make us slight favourites, we are hardened to this and been to this stage for 4 years now and this is newish territory to Donegal. We have worked very hard to get here and will not throw this opportunity away now, in Geezer I trust.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:52 am

have to agree with you there fat full forward, when we do manage to beat one of the so called big 3or 4 teams then we have earned our right to be to be up there and the likes of brolly will still find fault, lads take his comments with a pinch of salt and hope to god we'll shove his comments down his throat come the 3rd sunday in september...................
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:58 am

fat full forward wrote:
to be fair to davis and brolly there is some truth in what they say, they have doubts as to whether we can beat the top teams which is fair enough and derry didnt put up a fight against us at all.

Kind of agree with this too. We have yet to beat a top tier team and they are justified in questioning our All Ireland credentials until we do. It's probably the way they say it that grates a bit. Anyway, we better off ignoring the pundits, whether they're dishing out praise or criticising us. Des Cahill did pull Brolly up on that "withered" remark at the end saying it was harsh.

Thought the coverage of the Kildare game in general on The Sunday Game was pretty poor. Although I suppose we can't really complain too much about TV coverage since this is our first game that hasn't been shown live.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 am

The spat between Davis and Brolly was entertaining about Cork. Davis was letting the emotions ruin what he was trying to say while Brolly was just being really arrogant.

Ive no problem with them choosing Donegal at all but I thought to pick out James Kavanagh and deride him over his display a year ago against Down was out of order.

Kavanagh had just delivered an excellent display against Derry and kicked two outstanding points from his left and right foot in the game. If Gooch Cooper, Bernard Brogan or Daniel Goulding had done the same there would be collective orgasms in the pundits chairs. We shouldnt get too worked up over these has beens on The Sunday Game.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:15 am

Lads I think we need to view this without the blinkers a little. I thought Davis totally over-reacted to Brolly's minor criticism of Cork's scoring record from half back and midfield. Brolly correctly lauded Cork's performance against Down and Out. He also correctly identified that Cork's Achilles heel is still Kerry and Davis had no answer to that. Until Cork beat Kerry in a game of magnitude he remains right to have doubts ( I happen to believe they will beat Kerry this year)

Regarding Kildare, on all evidence they are right to question us until we have proven ourselves against a top side. So for we have beaten only Division 2 and 4 sides and failed to beat our only Div 1 opponents despite them having 14 men. Donegal is a step up and have won both Div 2 and Ulster titles. They are strong all over and if they run at us like Derry did at times I just hope we have a better barrier than we had on Saturday. I think we can win and believe we will but I have no issue with panellists making them favourites.

On the Jimmers topic he's probably my favourite player aside from Leper but it is fair to say he needs to move up a gear in the big games. He was poor against Down and against Dublin and McGeeney clearly agreed. I do think Brolly was overly personal and I agree that he is something of a showman but on this occasion I think his arguments about Cork, Jimmers and Kildare are reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 am

Crofter wrote:
Lads I think we need to view this without the blinkers a little. I thought Davis totally over-reacted to Brolly's minor criticism of Cork's scoring record from half back and midfield. ( I happen to believe they will beat Kerry this year)

You need to read the article that came out of him over the weekend in the examiner regarding Cork which is what Davis was getting worked up about. It was very poor and I would say there are a few Kerry men wishing he had kept his mouth shut. It was nothing more than a hatchet job and will give Cork all the Ammunition they will ever need to beat Kerry.

Also last night he mentioned Cork's lack of skill. If Cork have a lack of skill then the rest of the Country is devoid of any talent.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:03 am

Very poor viewing, I dont mind them backing Donegal or questioning our credentials but for Brolly to pick out Jimmers and have a go at him for a match that happened last year was quite disgraceful and came across and he has a personal vendetta with Jummers. Im sure the players care neither way what panelists say about us.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:05 am

Fair enough. I was only going on the Sunday Game. Still think (1) Cork need to beat Kerry to prove themselves this year (2) There is logic in Donegal being favourites of the panel and (3) Jimmers needs to deliver more against the big teams ( but sure the whole team need to do that this year)
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:14 am

his criticism of kavanagh was a bit harsh but it has to be put in context he is comparing kildare to say the very top teams like cork and kerry and also kavanagh to the likes of donnacha o connor and cooper etc and kavanagh has yet to do it against the top teams and we might not like to hear it but he did nothing against down last year and the derry fullback line was awful. we have to look at it in this context if we are considering ourselves all ireland contenders.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:54 am

I have no problems with them punting for Donegal, in fact I'm quite happy about that.

The Jimmers bit was poor, the lad just had a great game but he brought up Down last year. I'll again go back to the point that he is using this "poor " Down team to justify his point, however they were so poor they gave Kerry a trimming.

The thing is there are a hell of a lot of ex players and journalists which could be used instead. Dara O' Cinneide on tg4 does a good job and Daragh O' Se writes really informative stuff for the Times. One of those would be a huge improvement. That's not taking into account the top Gaa writers who would have a good analytical sense to view matches and give a better insight ino the winnning and losing of a game.

Personally it's time TSG moved on and revamped it's panel.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Agree Rex, Brolly is sour to the fact that Ulster no longer has any dominance in the all Ireland series and he has lost his ability to be condescending to anyone else, so instead he got nasty. He did say full of confidence that down would beat Cork in last years final and in hindsight calls them an average team. I also would say that he was probably at the game and was sickened by the fact that Kildare had simply better and classier footballers all over the park than Derry and it was not fitness but football ability that beat Derry for the second year in a row, and he says he dosent care about Derry?
As for the square ball incident yes it was marginal but if you pause before the ball enters the square its crystal clear the Derry player was in before the ball, so they should have praised the ref and umpires for getting the decision correct, rules are rules and the decision was completely the right one isnt Brolly a barrister?
Yes he's an Ass and Davis is a bit on the spineless side.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Agree with you there Rex. A revamp is seriously needed on TSG to freshen things up. There are far better analysts out there.

Also, didn't like the way Brolly continually referred to Derry as "we". Fair enough he's a Derry man and we all know that but if you're on TV discussing a match, you should at least try to come across as though you are impartial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Brolly is an ass!!   Joe Brolly is an ass!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Brolly is an ass!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next