Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kilare fans abuse antrim players?

Go down 
+22
walsheman
Cilldara_2000
wingback
peile
shoutitout
lillylass98
gremlin
Jimmy winning matches
Onhisboot
Rex
johnsmyth
turdman tackle
flourman
kickingking
Sam1928
FearBan
bob12
milhouse
Yellow Pearl
lilypremier
clonmullin
kartman
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:20 am

wingback wrote:
Just saw the Irish Indo today and Ian O Doherty's ISpy column shines a funny light on it!!See Below

"Yup, they have the high ground for sure

The divide between GAA lads and football fans is still as wide as ever in some circles and Antrim boss Liam Bradley isn't doing much to mend any bridges.

Speaking about the behaviour of the crowd at Newbridge during his team's match against Kildare, he loftily declared: "A lot of my players took a lot of flak from the supporters. You would have thought it was more a soccer match than a Gaelic match."

Yup, because the GAA fans are always so impeccably behaved. That is when they're not bundling referees into the boot of a car or having 30-man riots on the pitch.

But, really, Bradley has a bloody cheek.

After all, when you let a foreigner into your country, the least you can expect is for them to be a bit gracious about his hosts. "

Ouch!!!... Very Happy

See the Antrim chairman in the paper today admitted the abuse dished out by Antrim supporters on the terrace. Thanks to Bradley and the papers making a storm in a tea cup I expect a not too pleasant atmosphere up north on saturday evening.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:27 am

He should come out now and apologise for sticking his head up his arse.

No respect for the man, but it won't put me off heading up on Saturday, in fact it only has galvanised my efforts.

Mr. Bradley I hope you boys take one hell of a beating.
Back to top Go down
turdman tackle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 am

turdman is a well travelled man and gives out advice free of charge.

He advises people to behave in Belfast, if people are staying up dont wear your Jersey out as it
will result in you sitting outside the bar for the night friendless.
Turdman will repeat that again, do not wear out any GAA paraphernalia.

People from the city itself don't tend to follow the GAA.

Turdman believes They are friendly and there will be no trouble,he also believes its just the Baker mixing the dough in the run up to the game

Last edited by turdman tackle on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:41 am

The Antrim chairman was very honest in his assessment of his own fans in fairness to him.
He was very daming of there so called 'soccer jersey fans',and there drinking and abuse.
Fair play to him...made a fc*king ejit out of bradley too.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:45 am

Sam1928 wrote:
See the Antrim chairman in the paper today admitted the abuse dished out by Antrim supporters on the terrace.

What paper is that in Sam?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:07 am

I read it in the star.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:06 am

Don't know why any GAA man would quote Ian O'Doherty. That f*cker manages to get that same line about the six counties being a different country into every article he writes.

As for Bradley, I hope enough of us travel to outnumber them and turn the "hostile" atmosphere on its head.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 am

just drunken idiots
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:44 pm

turdman tackle wrote:
turdman is a well travelled man and gives out advice free of charge.

He advises people to behave in Belfast, if people are staying up dont wear your Jersey out as it
will result in you sitting outside the bar for the night friendless.
Turdman will repeat that again, do not wear out any GAA paraphernalia.

People from the city itself don't tend to follow the GAA.

Turdman believes They are friendly and there will be no trouble,he also believes its just the Baker mixing the dough in the run up to the game

Turdman I don't know where you got this from !! I was in Derry a few months ago and there were Donegal and Derry jerseys all over the place, and there wasn't even a match on !! I presume you've been to loads of matches in Belfast ??? If someone won't talk to you because of what jersey you're wearing do you want to have a friendly chat and a pint with them ??

I'm going up to support Kildare and I won't be afraid to wear the colours.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Well said peile
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Jerseys will be fine in the vincinity of casement park,even in the pubs around there but if your staying up or going into the city then don't wear jerseys of gaa gear.You wont get in anywhere with them on anyway.
Back to top Go down
turdman tackle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Turdman has plenty of friends all over Ireland, believe it or not.

His Friends inform him that there will be no hassle in Belfast, merely that entrance to many of the
bars and night clubs will be refused if your wearing a jersey.

Turdman is going up to support Kildare also, he even has his tighty whities ironed for the occassion, but he will also have his Sundays Best starched for the after party in the hope that he will snare one of the locals.

Turdman loves the Belfast accent.]
Back to top Go down
Annie
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Kildare fans abuse antrin players   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't know what Bradley is talking about. A lot of the Antrim supporters were jeering and booing their own team players and managers. I was standing at the railing around the pitch on the terrace side for the match last week and the carry on of SOME of the antrim supporters was disgraceful. Most of them were well hammered and drinking during the whole match. One particular (fairly well hammered) Antrim supporter who was standing beside me for the whole game done nothing only shouting and roaring abuse at the Antrim players and management. His language was atrocious. He tried to start a row with me because I said "ah ref" at one stage when I thought we should have been given a free for a blatant foul on a Kildare player. He was "F"ing and blinding at me for the rest of the match because of it and calling me all sorts of names! Maybe I should have went to The Star with that, like Bradley!!!! It hasn't put me off travelling to Belfast though. I haven't missed a match in at least 4 years so I not going to miss this replay. Come on Kildare!!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:24 pm

I am glad to see that the chairman came out and set the record straight. I now just have one question.

Will Bradley appologise to the Kildare fans?

Maybe he could get it on the back page of the Star tomorrow or maybe make an announcement over the P.A. before the game.
The one thing that will come out of this is that I am going to shout all the louder tomorrow and for anyone that knows me I am loud anyway.

COME ON KILDARE.
Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:54 pm

The only thing I saw was on the stand side after the Game.
There was this one lunatic climbing up on the barrier and roaring abuse at the Antrim No. 9 I think it was.
Shouted at him from the Dugout all the way along to the Dressing rooms, and then he started on the Ref and gave him dogs abuse as well.

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:48 am

shoutitout wrote:
I am glad to see that the chairman came out and set the record straight. I now just have one question.

Will Bradley appologise to the Kildare fans?

Maybe he could get it on the back page of the Star tomorrow or maybe make an announcement over the P.A. before the game.
The one thing that will come out of this is that I am going to shout all the louder tomorrow and for anyone that knows me I am loud anyway.

COME ON KILDARE.

What's this about the chairman? Any link?
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:04 am

Cilldara have not got the link. It was in the star yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:23 pm

what about the antrim fans bring in alcohal in st cloneths last saturday night and even at full time went out to more alochol
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 am

I believe it was all mind games by Bradley,I could not hear one bit of abuse from the fans last week.

Safe to say the Antrim manager isnt good at mind games when his own team cant peform Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Im not naive enough to think that Antrim players or coaching team didnt get some abuse last week. As was pointed out here recently, every county has its share of head-cases. Dont forget the hair-dryer Micko got from a former County Board figure when we played the queens in Newbridge a few years ago.
I'll never forget the hostility in Markievicz Park a few years ago. Likewise, I wil never ever forget the atmosphere in Conleths PArk last Saturday, rivalled only by the qualifier game against Donegal. Point of the story................? Its part of the game.
As was Armagh and co marking the turf (p1ssing on the pitch in croker, as is the Haka, The Kop etc.
The Northerners always played the intimidation cards well, Bradley tried (and failed) and can't be faulted for trying. Whislt IM happy with our last 2 performances, more importantly the results. After the progression of our last 2 years, we shud not be getting carried away with results over Antrim. We will beat Letrim, of that Im certain.
I would settle for a quarter final appearance this year which I hope will lead to Geezer staying. 2010 was seen as the year that we take the next step, and rightly so. But in so many ways its been tough to say the least.
Injuries, transition of countyboard,management changes and various other happening have unsettled our young and for the most part, inexperienced panel.
Geezer will have learned more this year than he has in a lot of years. About everything. To lose him..............I think would be a terrible step backwards.
From what Ive seen of the minors this year, I think (and hope) they will strengthen the senior panel next year. Geezer has hand picked guys who none of us even knew about 3 years ago to do job for the team on any given day.
I havent included our epic journeys of the 90's simply because they are on a different plateau for me. There are alot of similarities thoug, tough lessons being learned. LEst we forget ot took Micko 2 tearms and 10 years to deliver 2 Leinsters.
We're in a good place, given time we will be in a better place.
Time & patience will be the essence. Rant over......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kilare fans abuse antrim players?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2