Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.

Go down 
+37
Horsebox
Could'nt Trap Cement
bag of white
cilldara
White Bridge
BelieveToAchieve
topcat
midfieldmaestro
Onhisboot
centreback
fargo
Bān go Lēir
kickingking
johnsmyth
Always_White
Big Full Back
Ogie
overthebar
kildarecat
nuxer
flourman
steviegenius
ChopperDalton
KILL BILL
Come on the Boys in Blue
Misneach
Derfil
bloodsub
Jimmy winning matches
learmus
Ohtoohtobe
Sam1928
Frankel
peile
shoutitout
lilywhites on tour
SamMaguire
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Empty
PostSubject: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:48 pm

From Leinster Leader:

ARMAGH man Kieran McGeeney has committed to stay on as Kildare senior football manager for a further two years, the Leinster Leader can reveal.

The former All Ireland winner has been in charge of the Lilies for the last four seasons and he has led them to three All Ireland quarter finals and one semi final in 2010 where they were beaten by Down.

Since taking the reigns McGeeney’s team has never been beaten in the All Ireland qualifier series but the main prize still eludes him and his team. In 2011 Kildare took the O’Byrne Cup but Dublin ended their hopes of a provincial title, while Donegal, after extra time, dumped Kildare out of the All Ireland Championship.

The Mullaghbawn native will have to go in search of a new selector before the start of next season after Aidan O’Rourke resigned his position last week but first he will travel to Australia as part of Anthony Tohill’s International Rules management team.

Great News. Club Champ in full swing and the search for a new assistant. Interesting times ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Also from Leinster Leader

KILDARE boss Kieran McGeeney will sit on the newly formed Standing Rules Committee in Croke Park.

The Armagh man is one of two inter county managers, the other being Kilkenny’s Brian Coady, on the new committee that will have the power to bring motions before Central Council at the end of each year, motions that can then go before Congress.

Currently changes to playing rules are only allowed every five years but the new committee will change this.

Also on the committee are Donal Og Cusack and Dessie Farrell, representing the GPA, Armagh man Jarlath Burns and Ger Hickey from Clare, CCC chair Seamus Woods, Frank Murphy, Chairman of the Rules Committee, plus president Christy Cooney and Director General Paraic Duffy.

Meanwhile, McGeeney will have to go in search of a new selector after it emerged that Aidan O’Rourke resigned last week.

The Armagh man cited travelling and family commitments as the reason for stepping down.

“It’s exclusively down to travel. I have a young family, my kids are three and five plus I work in Belfast. I was spending five hours driving a day. I left home at 7am and wouldn’t be back until 11.30pm,” admitted O’Rourke.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Great news!! cheers

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Yup Ya boya!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Well thats that, now roll on next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Brilliant !

Sam here we come !!!
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:05 am

great news as far as i am concerned, still think a little shake up of players and selectors etc is needed though which i think will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:12 am

peile wrote:
Brilliant !

Sam here we come !!!

Are we going to Sam1928s house for a party?

Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 am

Don't think so, he lives in Squirrelville
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 am

Its alright Peile. Your bus pass is valid for Portlaoise.

This is good news and glad its sorted early and not lingering for months on end.

I honestly think he wont go until he wins a Leinster or All-Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 am

Savage news, roll on 2012, now let's hope Peter Kelly, Dermot, Mikey and others like Donnelly are all available for him
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 am

Finally a bit of good news!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:14 am

mc geneey was always going to see out this contact , the aim over 2 years should aim for division 1 and leinster if a all ireland final comes as well a bonus ,

Last edited by fone on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 am

All Ireland a bonus? Thats a good one!!
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 am

Yes... Almost as good a news as my forthcoming trip to Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

Your trip to Vegas is without doubt much better news Derfil.. :-)

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Good news for the county and the genuine sole's here , but is this not the, last 2 yrs of the 3 yr commitment at the start of 2011 Rolling Eyes , i sense great burden and relief lifted off the shoulders of the county and its supporters cheers

Hopefully with some better luck , injuries wise , some upgrading, fine tuning and the unearthing of new talent , and with that renowned steely commintment of Kildare , they shall be a force to reckon with in 2012 and take a few scalps in root by dethroning the one of provincial champions and contesting a all ireland against the 2011 champions Wink

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Great news indeed for every true white blooded Kildare person, McGeeney is the Maestro.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:41 pm

This is great news for the genuine "feet" on this website, as Geezer says if you keep knocking on the door one day it will open
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 pm

I don,t think we will have to worry about getting to division 1 as there will be a revamp of the league 1 & 2 so hopefully playing the likes of Kerry Dublin etc will help us get over the finish line in the championship.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:36 pm

steviegenius wrote:
I don,t think we will have to worry about getting to division 1 as there will be a revamp of the league 1 & 2 so hopefully playing the likes of Kerry Dublin etc will help us get over the finish line in the championship.

I thought the re-vamp plans were scrapped?
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes re-vamp was scrapped
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:14 am

in the words of o rourke , this news is orgasmic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm

vodafone2011 wrote:
ChopperDalton wrote:
This is great news for the genuine "feet" on this website, as Geezer says if you keep knocking on the door one day it will open

Totally agree there are a few "Bunions & callous" threading the corridors in here , but i think the plan should be bursting through the door with the boot 1st , then ripping the door frame off the wall "with the superior upper body strength from the gym sessions" , frighten the s..t out of everyone , because you have that hardy "i been boxing during the winter look ", grabbing the 1 st c..t by the throat and f..k...g them out the window with all the "strength and stamina conviction ", thus laying down a marker to everyone in the All Ireland office , that if you look f..k...g crooked at me LAD , they will take the same flight as the 1st fella out the broken window . Ball burst game over Mad Is that been to ambitious cheers
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:05 am

I admire your optimism lads, we've the right man for the job but all Irelands are not the stuff of lucky bags.
You can be so so close yet you might aswell be a million miles away.

I will as ever take one game at a time.

“The man who is a pessimist before forty-eight knows too much; if he is an optimist after it he knows too little”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.   McGeneey Commits to 2 more years. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGeneey Commits to 2 more years.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next