Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jack sheedy

Go down 
+28
Moorefieldbhoy
BelieveToAchieve
Come on the Boys in Blue
Taibi
walsheman
jj
Bān go Lēir
johnsmyth
Highball
Derfil
losthope
tomcruise
kickingking
Ohtoohtobe
lastline
overthebar
le hit in
GaaHead
if_in_doubt
Ogie
Lily8
bag of white
realmoore
centreback
ohluckyme
denlaw
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 am

sounds that jack sheedy will be new offaly senior football manager soon he only person left in race
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:44 pm

fone wrote:
sounds that jack sheedy will be new offaly senior football manager soon he only person left in race

Heard from someone close to him that he didn't get it either.... Alot of disgruntled people in Offaly over the way the selection has gone...
Back to top Go down
denlaw
Junior A
Junior A

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Disgruntled biffo's !!! , bag of chips on each shoulder , nearly as bad as liex folk ..
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:36 pm

What about Darby, Carbury manager said last week he was very keen ??
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:14 pm

if sheedy got the job i would be delighted he didnt give moorefield much of a gameplan or organisation so good news for kildare if he did get it imo
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Stephen Darby pulled put of the race this weekend.

I heard there was a Offaly committee meeting last week to announce who had got the job but no decision was made.

Apparently Peter Brady the Edenderry manager is the one they want.

Sheedy won every competition with Moorefield in 2010(aldridge cup,league,herbert cup and Champ), he also won the aldridge and league(winning every game) this year, not a bad record.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 am

still though realmoore i think everyone here would admitt that moorefield have the best squad of players in kildare most lads here would have picked moorefield to win the champ this year but yer same old failings of no full forward line or gameplan to get scores lets ye down i have to say im not impressed with sheedy based on his moorefield career based on his tactical end which is what moorefield really need
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Fair point centre back.

I think the problem is lads being picked on name/past glories not form. Which creates troubles in the squad.

I see aaron kernan was dropped for crossmaglens semi final as he got married and missed some training.

Guaranteed most club sides wouldnt do that.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Ineresting comments from Niall McNamee regarding the Offaly county board doing their best to alienate the potential candidates:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/mcnamee-threatens-to-quit-faithful-2906293.html

Quote :
"Right now I honestly don't feel like I will be playing for Offaly with the county board the way it is. It's been a most unprofessional process that has dragged on far too long.

"I know a few Kildare players and they are already up and running doing gym work and looking ahead to 2012...

So he's disillusioned with the Offaly set up, he wants a more professionally run outfit, he already knows the lads...

Somebody get that man a job in Naas or Newbridge. Razz
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Its in the indo that sheedy "pulled" out as well, although his comments suggest the offaly county board didnt want him, "plans i put forward, were not what they were looking for"
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 am

Quote :

So he's disillusioned with the Offaly set up, he wants a more professionally run outfit, he already knows the lads...

Somebody get that man a job in Naas or Newbridge. Razz

I was just thinking the same thing ha. He'd be a big help to us alright if we could get him.
You can understand his frustration though. When Offaly were knocked out of the championship early on in the Summer you'd think they'd have it sorted by now.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:53 am

jaysus he would be some addition one of the best forwards in ireland and playing with a better team would prob get him the all star he deserves
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 am

In Micko's day, it'd be a done deal
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 am

also doesn mcnamee work for tom cribbens butchers or did he?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:12 am

Not sure hopw true it is but apparently the job would have been Darby's to turn down had Carbury won the senior championship.

There was a panel put together to assess potential candidates back in July or so but nothing has come of it at all. Understandable that lads would pull out of the running if they're being left in limbo with no idea of where they stand. One of the potential problems could be the fact that the county board seems to be a bit of an old boys club, not what you know but who you know type thing, with one or two individuals being forced onto any management team in terms of selectors and backroom staff.

Hard to see whoever they do get in having enough time to mould them into shape in time for the O'Byrne Cup and league. They'll be very beatable come championship time if this keeps up, but they could well be like a wounded animal too, something they seem to revel in.

McNamee is easily one of the best corner forwards in the country, if he was playing for Kerry, Dublin or Tyrone he'd have a few All Stars by now, would be a serious addition to our forward line, however unlikely and far fetched that may seem.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 am

From what I was told, Tom Coffey was favoured ahead of Stephen Darby & Jack Sheedy... After the interviews, Sheedy was number 1 & was recommended to the Executive.

However, between the Selection Committee decision and the Executive meeting, Peter Brady/Finbar Cullen emerged throwing the whole process up in the air.

You would have to agree that their treatment of Coffey & Darby no matter what they thought of them, isn't the best.
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 am

Why hasn't (or has he) been involved in trials with the International Rules panel this year? He obviously has the talent and is a big lump of a lad as well... I haven't seen his name mentioned. McNamee that is, not Sheedy. I think he lacks pace Laughing
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 pm

In the paper this morning that mcnamee has retired from inter county football............ right lads in that part of the county, get your finger out........... lets go hunting for a biffo to adopt Wink
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:19 am

jasus he is young to be retiring from inter county. dont think he would be too interested in committing to kildare though if he has had enough with offaly. lot more committment needed with kildare than offaly. id go as far as say that mcnamee club rhode would have a better approach to football than the co. set up
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 am

Lads I don't know what the disease is in this county with people looking for players not from here to play for us but it's a bit sad. As if Niall NcNamee is going to play for his county's arch rivals; and even if he did, we should have enough pride to go with our own anyway. I do realise most lads are just joking but there's an edge of seriousness to other posts on these kind of topics.It's embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 am

Niall McNamee probably wouldn't commit to Kildare alright but I'd definitely be happy to see him come to us. He's one of the top forwards in Ireland and would be a great addition to the team. Can't see it happening though.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:53 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Lads I don't know what the disease is in this county with people looking for players not from here to play for us but it's a bit sad. As if Niall NcNamee is going to play for his county's arch rivals; and even if he did, we should have enough pride to go with our own anyway. I do realise most lads are just joking but there's an edge of seriousness to other posts on these kind of topics.It's embarrassing.

+1

It's not like Lacey or Murphy where they were living and playing their football in Kilare anyway (and are still involved in Kildare football). I'd rather lose with our own players than bring in a load of mercenaries in a desperate attempt to win something.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Rest assured if McNamee even mentions the word Kildare , The Geezercan give him a shout. I can introduce him if he wants.

Absolute sheer class footballer.No doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:47 am

Apparently Brian and Niall Darby have both dropped off the panel now too. Rhode players must be getting a bit pissed off with how things are being dealt with by the county board.

Turning into a bit of a joke down there at this stage, certainly not going to be easy for whoever does go in and take over the footballers with all that's gone on.

Hopefully makes it a bit easier for us come championship time anyways.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:58 pm

if he wanted to come to kildare would he have to have an address in kildare?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

jack sheedy Empty
PostSubject: Re: jack sheedy   jack sheedy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jack sheedy
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next