Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testing times

Go down 
+29
Jimmy winning matches
Come on the Boys in Blue
if_in_doubt
flourman
cilldara
mrblobby
swingfly
lilywhites on tour
Dual
Ohtoohtobe
wingback
rgb
tomcruise
Admin3
Derfil
Big Full Back
lastline
kickingking
Stonecold
parcel
topcat
Fear An Geata
Rex
SeamusMurphy
losthope
Frankel
BelieveToAchieve
Loads of Pints
TommyKeegan
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 am

As much as I love Kildare, must they really test my faith with this sort of carry on.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=157434
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:40 am

care to offer an insight as to what exactly your grievance is here?

if he is willing to provide some financial advice to the co board to try and reduce its debt problem what is the issue.

One woud assume he is doing this completely free of charge as the GAA upholds the core values of volunteering Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 am

McMahon is really lining himself up for a fall here. McCreevy, Bertie and their like are the ones responsible for having this country in the state it is. I cant see how he's going to help Kildare GAA in any way?!
No doubt he'll recruit his club mate Liam McManus (former ESB) to try and dig them out of the mess.

There was a day when we had good strong people on the CB, but those days had little or no success on the pitch. Polar opposites now....
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:16 am

obviously a few people not too fond of charlie here. he did a lot of good for this country and for football in this county, if i remember correctly kildare clubs were the 2nd highest recipients of lotto grants in the country behind only kerry and john o donoghue (kerry) was sports minister at the time. kildare clubs getting so many was in a large part to mcreevey being finance minister.
he is still respected in business and would have many useful(rich) contacts and this can only be of benefit to kildare gaa.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:31 am

Any comments on the 200k debt lads ??
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:48 am

Maybe Charlie can find us a few Billion! or a few Hundred Thousand would do!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 am

Maybe if we look down behind the sofa that the €3.6Billion was found there may still be a few quid.

As for McCreevey, I'd be no fan of his but he is a big supporter and just not someone who turns up on the big day and if he can help out then why not. In times of need turning down help would be silly.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:53 am

FuturesWhite wrote:
McMahon is really lining himself up for a fall here. McCreevy, Bertie and their like are the ones responsible for having this country in the state it is. I cant see how he's going to help Kildare GAA in any way?!
No doubt he'll recruit his club mate Liam McManus (former ESB) to try and dig them out of the mess.

There was a day when we had good strong people on the CB, but those days had little or no success on the pitch. Polar opposites now....

Padraig McManus I believe. Liam McManus is or was a school teacher in Naas.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:19 am

Fat Full Forward, your usage of him throwing money at clubs in Kildare and being a good Kildare fan is a fair chuck of what's wrong with him. If it was Kerry man doing it we'd be talking about gombeenism and parish pump politics, I thought all our futures being ruined might have stopped people respecting that sort of carry on when it suits them and benefits them.

As for Loads of Pints, maybe you are referring to what you were at all day in your name because I'm amazed I need to explain what the likes of McCreevy and his ilk represent and what they have done to this country. I for one would prefer to struggle honestly than turn to guys who would have been charged as criminals in more progressive western societies. Kildare County Board should be ashamed of turning to him after what he did and given what he represents. Appalling move and I'll stick by that no matter how well he does, although I must question even his financial knowledge given his tenure as Minister for Finance and given the crooks he worked hand in hand with.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:49 am

Fair enough criticising McCreevy TK, he is a large part of the reason why the country is in its current state but can you suggest an alternative, given the CB are in €200,000 of debt it is clear that help is needed in this area and as a former minister for finance he is one of the best qualified people around to give help in this area.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:54 am

Someone who actually has a clue about finance, cutting costs, saving money, discrepancy, honesty, the greater good and selflessness perhaps? Look at the man's record, how exactly is he well qualified in this area given the country is f**ked (he should know exactly how) and we aren't rolling in money we can throw around to be popular? You can say he was Minister for Finance but his term in office ticks none of the above boxes and given what went on in this country, isn't exactly something any right-thinking person would put on a CV. That taken into account, why bring in someone that will have the rest of the country rolling their eyes at Kildare GAA!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:56 am

For example Top Cat, do you think any business fortunate to have expendable cash and that has a love of Kildare GAA is more likely to hand it over when an ex-FF finance minister is involved and may take credit for it. No business wants that sort of association.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:24 am

charlie was involved with the county 21s this year
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:26 am

In what capacity?
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 am

i dunno wat he did but was definatly involved carryin water bottles and helpin out in general
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 am

I doubt Michael O'Leary views him in that light.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:49 am

TK at no point did i say i agreed or disagreed with what McCreevey did while acting as a public representative, (during which time he gave €20m to the GAA out of the budget) however if he wants to use his extensive experience in finance in order to help in some capacity towards easing the growing debts of the co board what exactly is the problem? answer me that?

what could go wrong? in any case, while you may not like it or support it, it is happening....
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:00 am

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 am

A lot of pennies for your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 am

A cut Cha. I got the frckin AXE.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 am

kickingking wrote:
Caption competition?

http://www.adrianmeliaphoto.com/photo11161642.html

AB: I'm thinking of going for the Under 21's again next year...

CMcC: For god sake. Are you for real!!!
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 am

Oh god. McCreevy and Kildare GAA should not be mentioned in the same breath. Let him support the team if he wants but leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:12 pm

tommykeegan you are brandishing around accusations about mcreevey and insinuating that he was involved in criminal acts, seeing as you are being so general in your statements i would like to know what specifically you have against him i.e policies, legislation etc he introduced that has the country where it is? also are you involved with a political party?

Last edited by fat full forward on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Please do not let the thread degenerate into a pointless insult fest.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Not only is the great man providing financial advice but he is also helping Alan Barry with the U/21 team. We should be grateful for his assistance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Testing times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing times   Testing times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing times
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next