Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sigerson 2012

Go down 
+33
nuxer
Cassanata
ChopperDalton
FreshMixer
rgb
archie
Ogie
KFSAM
lastline
walsheman
Ohtoohtobe
Gaffer
Fear An Geata
Loads of Pints
White Bridge
butterfingers
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
if_in_doubt
hope
Could'nt Trap Cement
Son of Sarsfields
Bān go Lēir
Frankel
bag of white
parcel
bloodsub
Derfil
tomcruise
kelf
Taibi
Rex
kickingking
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

The Sigerson and the Fitzgibbon are great competitions but there are certain colleges out there who take the piss. In fairness to NUIM, the vast majority of their team are undergraduates and the handful of postgrads they have would have done their degrees there. These competitions should be confined to undergrads or else only a limited number of postgrads (2 or 3) should be permitted for each panel. Most of that DCU team yesterday were in their mid twenties. There's no way they can all still be undergrads??
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Waste of space on GAA calender. Two major colleges, no one there to watch it, most GAA people couldn't even name who won today, a day later. Same every year.
Education is more important than ever in Ireland, yet the highest number of senseless scholarships wins out again. No sense of pride or place, no sense of helping people from throughout the country being integrated to difficult college life via something they all know which is GAA.

Benches today had intercounty players, how does that incorporate new arrivals to college. It's pathetic and managers talk about it as if it were American collegiate sport of which I am a massive fan. Self serving from all concerned in a congested calendar and helps neither college nor education in Ireland. Time to cull.

+1. What really makes me despair is that when player burnout is discussed, they talk instead about culling the U21 championships, which is a great competition.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 pm

vodafone2012 wrote:
ChopperDalton wrote:
They wore the Kildare jersey too Very Happy

Musta wore them white jerseys again Saturday , I suppose DCU wearing the black and amber ,seeing the jersey again , would have instilled a bit confidence Wink even the "mule" got 4 points !! things are looking up , in a "greek" sort of way Wink

Hard luck Maynooth , got to the final all the same , thats a great achievement , some good prospects there particularly for Kildare

We wont mention Who the ref was , or conspiracy theorist will go into overdrive here once again Wink

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/dcu-take-sigerson-cup-541243.html

DCU 2-17 NUI Maynooth 0-7

No they didnt wear them on Saturday
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 pm

I agree with a couple of posters here. Some of the Colleges are taking the P**s. They offer post grad courses to county players just to get them in to play. It was well know back when I was there (in DCU) and it still goes on today. I remember one player who was doing a course and I can teel you it was a made up course. Don't even think he would of been in the college at all only to train.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 am

When you see the best footballer in the country coming on as a sub for DCU , surely Maynooth did not have a snowball chance of winning the final..........
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:17 am

So wheres the great Christyu Cooney and his investigative teams for these shananigans?

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 am

But beyond football and a competition meaningless to most, there are players getting an education ahead of genuine people bursting a gut to make it and racking up the lungs while at it, and on top of that average, genuine player not getting chance to integrate in new environment courtesy if GAA
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Both Brophy and Hurley made the Sigerson all star team. I think Brophy got one of the midfield slots last year too. Well done guys.

http://www.he.gaa.ie/Latest-News/irishdailymailfuturechampionsteams2012
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 am

ChopperDalton wrote:
Both Brophy and Hurley made the Sigerson all star team. I think Brophy got one of the midfield slots last year too. Well done guys.

Whoever picked that team clearly didn't see NUIM's match against UCD because Connolly gave one of the most complete displays of goalkeeping I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:04 am

kickingking wrote:
ChopperDalton wrote:

Whoever picked that team clearly didn't see NUIM's match against UCD because Connolly gave one of the most complete displays of goalkeeping I've ever seen.

In fairness that was one game but you're right Connolly was brilliant that night, with Tommy Moolick and Michael Newman the best outfield players. I thought Brophy was poor that night and Hurley last 15 minutes. But as I said, that was just one game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Hurley must have had some semi final, because as you say Ogie, he was only on for a we while v UCD and he was particularly quiet in the final, even in the first half where NUIM were still in the game so im not quite sure how he made that team.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 am

He's in London for an AFL camp this week I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sigerson 2012   Sigerson 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sigerson 2012
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4