Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA

Go down 
+10
parcel
rgb
Loads of Pints
Sam1928
kelf
Stonecold
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
peile
BelieveToAchieve
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Empty
PostSubject: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 pm

So heres a timely reminder to the posters here who felt we should drop the Seanie Johnson tranfer on the basis that "we are not flavour of the month with Croke Park".

We are getting screwed by that shower for the last few years. Unconditionally f***ed over by a shower of pretentious wanna be's. And make no mistake about it folks, theres one of our own that sits up there with that bunch of tossers, the self same one who thinks he is above all and sundry within this county.

What will be the CB answer to this latest farse? If some people in here had their way, I assume we'd be grabbing our ankles and taking all they have to give. All in the name of keeping the peace.

It is a joke. The whole organiszation is turning into a joke. People like that Dub thug can go around dropping knee's on peoples heads, punching players in AI seni finals and go unpunished. Yet we get hammered for every single misdamenour. Daryll Flynn got a 6 month suspension whilst playing for his club for shouting at a referee who claimed to be "in fear for his safety". Aiden O'Rourke got fined and suspeneded for running on to the pitch.

And then, in the middle of the Seanie Johnson transfer saga, we go to play Monaghan in the North and are assigned a refere from where? You guessed it, CAVAN.

What is it going to take for this CB to do something? Why are they always in hiding and why is there never any reproach for these screwings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 am

I couldn't agree more.

They are an absolute joke of an organisation. Its just aswell that Gaelic Football and Hurling are the best sport on the planet because they should have folded a long time ago.

It farce after farce. I wouldn't entirely blame the County Board Believe.

Its something ingrained in the Irish Psyche. We've been absolutely taken for ride by the government and financial institutions in this country for the last 5 year. If something similar happened in France/Germany we'd see mayhem on the streets like Greece.

As a nation we take and accept decisions from people in "power" way too easily.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 am

Believe to achieve I agree they're very inconsistent and twist rules and procedures but I don't think they sit around having 'What can we do to Kildare this week? ' meetings. As for the 'one of our own' I've seen him at plenty of matches at different levels, club and county and from talking to the guy I know for a fact he is driven by his interest in Kildare football. I admire the guy for his passion for Kildare, are you sure you're talking about the right guy or do you even know him ? can you back up your comment on him ?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:45 am

Of course they don't sit around thinking what they can hit us with next, Im not that stupid to think they do.
But they most definitely do hammer us when we step out of line in any small way. As they have done with Paul Galvin and will do with Tomas O'Se. Its all too easy to make example of the easy targets. But what about the Dub lout who has repeatedly broken rules and assaulted people on the pitch, when does his justice get served?

"interest in Kildare footbal".............I dont know, Im still undecided. I think he thoroughly enjoys sitting with the big boys. I think he thoroughly enjoys being referred to as the Kildare delegate. BUt Im just not convinced he it totally committed to fighting our corner when it comes to it. Don't forget, the same guy has said on more than one occasion in the past that the county chairman's positon is something he feels is below him and would not interest him. I dont think he has too long left in his 5 year stint, so we'll see where he goes from here.

Fionn, I agree entirely with what ou say. Which worries me, because we are agreeing a lot lately ha ha ha
Of course its hard to blame the CB 'entirly'. But it is infuriating to see them accept and roll over - time after, time, after time. For once, can't we just refuse point blank to pay an unjustified fine?

As one final point. Id love to know where Dessie Farrell and the GPA have gone when they are truely needed? Its only a few short years ago that they were holding the GAA and its supporters to ransom. Delaying throw ins and refusing to play fixtures. If that shower were ever genuinely interested in player wlefare, they surely would have intervened in the Meath/Louth debacle or indeed the Kildare screwings at the hands of Donegal and Down.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 am

In fairness BtoA I agree that that's twice now that Connolly has gotten off the hook, but I don't think it's because Croke Park are necessarily pro-Dublin and anti-Kildare/Kerry.

I think it's because they wait to see what the papers and RTE make of something and react accordingly (Derrytresk, Kildare-Monaghan, etc). If there's a bit of a stink about it in the Indo or on The Sunday Game, the punishments are severe. But if there's a groundswell of opinion in the media that someone is hard done by (as there was, ridiculously, with Connolly last year; think Paul Galvin would have been cleared to play the final?) or if they don't make much of an incident or miss it altogether (Connolly this year) then Croke Park don't bother.

Unfortunately, the media are going to try and keep Dublin sweet - I guarantee it goes through their heads that they don't want to fall out with Gilroy or any Dublin player if they don't have to
a) because the national media is 90% based in Dublin and b) because they want to be pally and have interviews with these lads. But it's ok to completely over-react to Derrytresk because, hey, they're only 'nordies' anyhow and when will the papers need to talk to them again?

There's nothing you can do about inconsistency in the media, but what's really sickening is that the 'flutes in suits' that we pay for scurry about Croke Park worrying about what Kevin McStay or the Irish Times are saying and how it looks for them, rather than seeking to be even-handed and consistent. It is one of the many ways they are wrecking the GAA with their corporate horseshite.

Last edited by Ohtoohtobe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 am

BTA the all the GPA ever wanted was a percentage of the Grab All Association's profits which they secured a few years ago at a convention, now they've fucked off and we haven't heard a peep from them since, typical!

Surely the CB can appeal this fine and Carew's ban?

The GAA make me really angry sometimes.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:05 am

YEah I agree Taibi. And its no coincidence that Roli's football has improved since the collapse of the GPA. Its not all that long ago that he and his GPA cronies were banging the drum and singing the script which was written by Dessie!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:16 am

The GAA is more secretive than the IRA and more devious than any government, at all levels. Outcomes of meetings are decided before meetings by hush hush puppetmasters. I've heard of how AGM elections were sorted before AGMs, godforbid the community tries to hyjack the committee. There are quangos and sub committes where the real issues are discussed and sorted without Joe Bloggs having any input, Bertie would be proud.

And thats my conspiracy theory.

So am I surprised there is preferential treatment, no.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 am

Dissapointed but not surprised at the outcome.

On another forum I pointed out the actions of 5 Monaghan players.

18 threw a punch at JD after 2 other had hunted him down: no action on any of the 3

22 ploughed in after the whistle in the second half and then put his hand into another Kildare players face. Jarlath Burns on TG4 said it deserved a straight red: no action

Finlay did exactly the same as B Flanagan: No action

Mon player had a pop at Geeser (could not see his number or was it a sub : again no action.

I may have missed other things. As I've said before I hate injustice.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:46 am

Lets be honest, it wasnt even much of a "brawl" last sunday. Just a lot of grabbing and pushing really. Good points made about whats flavour of month in the media and on TV.

I love the way the rugby boys have their discipline sorted and how the players respect referees and how there is post match citing for offences missed, use of TV replays for scores etc.

Bottom line is we dont respect referees in our game, the refs are not up to it in a lot of cases, the rules are not enforced consistently and our disciplinary system is a joke. Its up to the GAA to sort all of this properly. I think they should commission a study with the rugby boys and see if we can adopt aspects of their system to improve our own.

Needs forward thinking and innovative individuals in HQ for that and unfortunately I cant see that happening in the short-term.

Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 am

Sadly we may reach for the extra large tub of vaseline when you see the calibre of the President elect of the GAA.

However as so many of the decisions that have gone against Kildare have been so well publicised and scrutinised I think refs may run for cover come summer time in big championship games in fear of bing the next ref in line for a barage of criticism after costing Kildare the game - maybe im wrong though?

As for BTA and Taibi, catch yourselves on lads if you think the GPA are at the root of this issue. Ask any IC player what they are doing for them without making a song and dance about it, and perhaps Ronan Sweeneys perfomances have improved seeing as he is the current GPA Secretarty BTA......now you look a bit silly (again)
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 am

I don't accept the "Cavan ref shouldn't be allowed when we play Monaghan" theory.

We have had plenty of refs from neighbouring counties too. Off the top of my head, I can think of Coldrick, Reilly, Deegan, Kinsella. Have they done us any favours?
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 am

Think he's sayin a Cavan ref because we're in the process of robbin the best player they have.
I don't think that had anything to do with his descisions tho. I just think he's a genuinely bad and weak ref.
Back to top Go down
townend
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:18 am

lads i think teams from the north have a problem with teams outside of ulster i think it
might kick off again in portlaoise with the Crokes and Cross this weekend
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:57 am

No, I get that Jimmy. I just heard someone else refer to the fact that apparently McQuillan lives three miles from the Monaghan border (don't know and don't care if it's true) and therefore shouldn't be reffing a Monanghan match.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
So heres a timely reminder to the posters here who felt we should drop the Seanie Johnson tranfer on the basis that "we are not flavour of the month with Croke Park".

We are getting screwed by that shower for the last few years. Unconditionally f***ed over by a shower of pretentious wanna be's. And make no mistake about it folks, theres one of our own that sits up there with that bunch of tossers, the self same one who thinks he is above all and sundry within this county.

What will be the CB answer to this latest farse? If some people in here had their way, I assume we'd be grabbing our ankles and taking all they have to give. All in the name of keeping the peace.

It is a joke. The whole organiszation is turning into a joke. People like that Dub thug can go around dropping knee's on peoples heads, punching players in AI seni finals and go unpunished. Yet we get hammered for every single misdamenour. Daryll Flynn got a 6 month suspension whilst playing for his club for shouting at a referee who claimed to be "in fear for his safety". Aiden O'Rourke got fined and suspeneded for running on to the pitch.

And then, in the middle of the Seanie Johnson transfer saga, we go to play Monaghan in the North and are assigned a refere from where? You guessed it, CAVAN.

What is it going to take for this CB to do something? Why are they always in hiding and why is there never any reproach for these screwings?

The 3rd para says it all about the Unmentionable County usage , and who is the 1st responce Laughing after whining about its usage , I rest my case !!

Get over this all things Ulster complex , its in your imagination , play ball and answer your critics on the pitch, Yes I would agree you have been shafted by ridiculous decisions , but what county in Ireland hasnt , do you need to constantly dwell on it or Kick on , As for the transfer , your not the only county where transfers are investigated , it happens elsewhere , To be honest I have always mantained there is quality currently present in kildare, why its not been utiliesed is beyond belief , as for the county board "Why are they always in hiding and why is there never any reproach" if there was case , I am sure the county board would submit concerns , but quite evidently there is no case to be answered
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 am

So when was the last time your mob were shafted rediculously? Come to
think of it, when was the last time your served any sort of justice?
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:

Having encounter and read some of your posts here on this thread and regarding the air of your question and the way its been directed to me !! This could be a pointless exersise as it seems or appears (like many other peers here temporarily hopefully) you particular have a massive chip on your shoulder and problem with our Mob !! as you put it , I could ask the same of the full blown melee in Clones the last day and the manner of served justice then , a few quid fine , two suspended and still the constant whinging , I would consider the Kildare team extremely foutunate and a element of luck in getting off so extremely lightly indeed so lets leave it there !! as I have said before why dwell on it prove the doubts wrong and kick on Suspect

In short to your question !!!

Referees Tommy & Seamus in the 70s & 80s & 90s respectively come to mind dab hands at shafting us rediculously

2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 justice handed out for offences various players , some justified !! some not !!

Probably get lambasted for bring up the Unmentionables , but for the record the question regarding them was put to me , I didnt bring this up , as the apparent instruction is All things Kildare , or there be a litter of feral kittens soiling themselves and running around unchecked !!!

I reserve the right to answer this question put to me by this poster thank you !!!

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Wow first time ever on the WWW I've ever had to contemplating using the ignore function. I come here to follow and participate in Kildare football discussions (even the heated stuff that I'm usually stuck in) sometimes have a bit of banter and craic. I don't epect people to always agree with me thats part of life. But latley this site has become painful.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Have to agree stonecold. There's no such thing as a quality debate here any more. Every thread descends into petty squabbling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 am

lillyfan wrote:
BelieveToAchieve wrote:

Didn't Dublin get eight suspensions from the Meath league match in Parnell Park on the same day Armagh & Cork engaged in what was described as a twenty man brawl - they got no suspensions as it wasn't on tv.

Alan Brogan was sent off v Galway last year in the league missing their league final (which they would've won had he been available imo) for what all parties described was pushing his marker away.

James McCarthy sent off last week in a joke of a decision.

We need to get over this complex we're developing...

Developing?

Speak for yourself. I've had this complex since the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 am

The bottom line is that in the GAA the severity of the punishment is in direct proportion to the amount of tv coverage the incident gets. We were unlucky that our last game was on TG4, if it wasn't it probably would have gone relatively unnoticed. The only person suspended was Flanagan and imo we are better off without him against Meath. Connolly leads a charmed life but in general Dublin get punished same as any one else.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Not even out of February yet and we are tearing into the GAA, referees, the dubs already....Jesus, what will it be like come June?????
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 pm

fair play to last few posters there. sick to the teeth of excuses before the season really kicks into gear. LOSERS SHOULD SAY NOTHING. WINNERS SHOULD SAY LESS.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:39 pm

No excuses being made by me at all. I've been very clear in pointing out that it's too early to get excited about results one way or the other.

Lastline I am not a good loser, never was and never will be. And my mood only gets exagerated when I feel there has been a glaring injustice....

Last edited by BelieveToAchieve on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA   Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest sanction on Kildare by the GAA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next