Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ref Justice

Go down 
+2
shoutitout
Loads of Pints
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 am

Kildare refs blast revenue plan
07 March 2012

The dreaded red cardKildare referee coordinator Mick Fennin has condemned plans to hit match officials' expenses.

The GAA are looking into paying referees a flat rate of €13.71 per match and 50 cent per mile for matches, which has been rejected by refereeing bodies all over the country.

Kildare's Fennin is of the same opinion and he feels that referees will just down their whistles if the new proposals are brought in.

"To be honest I can't see guys refereeing games for €15 or €20. It's not fair and it won't happen and it's as simple as that." Fennin implored on the Leinster Leader.

"My outlook on it is that if revenue come after me I'll give back the whistle. I'd say the county board would have some amount of whistles on the table if anything like this went ahead. And if the GAA have no referees there will be no matches, it's as simple as that."

looks like the men in black arent happy. Boo hoo, at least they dont have to pay into the match they are reffing!!

Seriously though, the GAA have opened up a serious can of worms over the manager payments. Revenue are all over any sort of remuneration that is happening in the GAA now - pity they are only about 20 years too late.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:47 am

If that is what they are looking to bring in what is in already????

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:52 am

in all fairness,there worth more than 15 poxy quid!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:54 am

Lads I wouldn't do it for €150 a game, never mind €15. The abuse is unnatural.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 am

yeah its putrid alright, some dont half bring it on themselves though!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 am

Yes there's some woeful refs but plenty of good ones too. I've been at matches as a neutral and you'd pity them, it doesn't matter what decisions they make, the abuse from the sideline is crazy. And when I'm not neutral I'm probably as guilty as anyone. It's just the way the game is. My point is they deserve a half-decent amount tax-free for the hassle of it. If there's no refs, there's no games.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:18 am

This whole revenue shit has been instgated by Christy Cooney. He's the one who instigated their involvement in payments to managers etc. And when his presidential term is up, he walks back into a jowith one of the most corrupt organizations in the land.

The other side of it is, I saw a certain referee named to do 3 matches last Sunday. Are they getting €50 a match? Plus maybe 2 or 3 other games during thr week? Thats an awful lot of tax free earnings when some of the players can't even get the dole!

I do have some sympathy with SOME referees because there are good ones out there who try their best to be fair. But there are a lot of clowns who are the worst description of a referee that you will find.
Standards aside, out of 40 or 50 lads on a pitch on any given match day, referees are the ONLY ones being paid!
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 am

two points on this

1/ why is it only gaa refs that revenue feel the ned toissue guidelines on.

2/ we need refs, lads will always find a way to play ball for the craic and competition like 5 aside etc but nobody is going to run around bowing a whistle for the fun of it
Back to top Go down

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
This whole revenue shit has been instgated by Christy Cooney. He's the one who instigated their involvement in payments to managers etc. And when his presidential term is up, he walks back into a jowith one of the most corrupt organizations in the land.

The other side of it is, I saw a certain referee named to do 3 matches last Sunday. Are they getting €50 a match? Plus maybe 2 or 3 other games during thr week? Thats an awful lot of tax free earnings when some of the players can't even get the dole!

I do have some sympathy with SOME referees because there are good ones out there who try their best to be fair. But there are a lot of clowns who are the worst description of a referee that you will find.
Standards aside, out of 40 or 50 lads on a pitch on any given match day, referees are the ONLY ones being paid!

Ah for fuck sake BelievetoAchieve you hardly expect lads to referee for free. I play football because I love the competitive aspect of the game. Whats in it for referee's? absolutely nothing but abuse.

If they are going down this route lads will just stay at home rather than take the abuse for free, at least for the hour they are officiating a game, they know at the end they have a little something for their troubles.

As a player I don't begrudge the referee's any penny they get. Its a thankless job. I've never heard any other player begrudge them either by saying they are they only ones getting paid, if we go down that road the GAA will cease to exsist.

Refereeing Standards is not the referee's fault, its the administrators and the fact that its very hard to get lads to referee in the first place.

Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 am

I dont expect them to do it for free Fionn, to the contrary. But if they are getting paid for something there should be a minimum stardard required. Arriving at a pitch and being greeted by some fella who is only able to move between the two 45's is not acceptable. No matter what level a player is playing, they are at least entitled to a standard that is fair to all.

I dont agree that the poor standard is all administrators fault either. The very least a referee should be expected to be is fit and mobile. The rest I agree, is down to administrators to grade and imnprove....

And whilst I dont expect them to ref for nothing, if you look at the fixtures list for any given week you will see some guys could be doing 5, 6 or even 7 games a week. Thats €350 into the lamh while it costs a lot of players money to play the game.

Its very easy to say the game wouldnt go ahead without referees and its a fair point. But dont ever forget that the GAA is all about the game and its players!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ref Justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ref Justice   Ref Justice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ref Justice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: