Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Which would you prefer....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

Which would you prefer.... Empty
PostSubject: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Given some of the resentment towards the county teams fundraising taking away somewhat from club fund raising would posters prefer their club to win the all Ireland on st Patrick's day or to see Kildare winning an all Ireland.
For me I've drifted out of the club scene in the past few years, playing days are winding down!!! I remember when playing though the majority of the panel would have said hands down a club all Ireland every time. But for me it's Kildare to win sam. I would die a happy man!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star
Fear An Geata

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Same question was asked and answered on a thread last year brick
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Kildare every singe day.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Club by a country mile
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Senior
Senior
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:45 am

ManBearPig wrote:
Club by a country mile

Agreed. It's not even a close run thing.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:16 am

Out of curiosity for those saying club, would that be as players or supporters because I might be different if I was good enough to line out with a senior team back home?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:24 am

Club! No doubt about it.

And TK I would say a junior or an Intermediate All-Ireland as well.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 am

County ,the whole of kildare could do with a lift rather than just my small parish.....
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:29 am

I reckon it depends if your stil playing or not, for those still active or working in their clubs I feel clubs come 1st but when your away for the club scene I think the county winning would give greater satisfaction
Back to top Go down
behind the lines
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:50 am

Club has to be
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:13 am

Club every time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 am

Of course Id love for my club to do well but when push comes to shove i'd say county. I'd give anything to see Johnny Doyle and the lads Lift sam maguire in front of a sea of white. Hope the day comes soon.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 am

County.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:59 am

County for me! Although Leixlip actually winning a senior would be nice...........
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:18 pm

County, I remember the collective sadness throughout Kildare when we lost in 98, just imagine the positive energy released by winning an All Ireland, the whole county would be practically floating on a wave of elation.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:26 pm

as someone who is still actively involved in de club , has to be local for me . also remember one off my lads sayin a few years ago dat his biggest sporting ambition was to play in croke park paddys day with his club .
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:09 am

Same as that for me .Club everytime.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 am

I actually cannot even envisage that anyone involved in any way with his or her club - not just as a player, as lotto ticket seller, on the gate, lining the pitch, committee member, mentor - would pick county over club. In fact I'd be astonished. I think anyone picking the county is not involved in a club - I'm guessing, but I'd say there aren't too many saying county with a club involvement.

To sum that all up - a junior X club All-Ireland would beat an All-Ireland senior inter-county for me without even having to think about it. It's my people
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 am

not involved in a club for a long time so county for me. still proud of my club even if i havent been involved since i was 18.
Back to top Go down
LilyWhyte
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Club . . . although i wouldn't put money on either this year Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which would you prefer....   Which would you prefer.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which would you prefer....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: