Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shane Lambe Injury

Go down 
+7
northernlily
KFSAM
Ohtoohtobe
Loads of Pints
walsheman
ixus
ohluckyme
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Shane Lambe Kilcullen is going for an operation on Wednesday to repair his broken jaw which happened last weekend in a league match against St. Kevin's, after the game !! obviously i cannot name the culprit but this sort of behaviour is nothing short of thuggery and this person has no place near a GAA pitch. Sadly the referee did not see the incident.
I sincerely hope both Shane and Kilcullen pursue this to the very end,
Best of luck Shane.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Shocking stuff.

I was on the receiving end of a blow from behind during a match down the south of the county a few years back. Doing a days work, maybe getting off a little early to get from the city centre to the south of Kildare only to end up badly concussed sitting in Naas hospital waiting until 1am for results of an xray to see if your jaw is broken helped me make my mind up to finish my club career early.

While not broken, my jaw still clicks. The ref was pretty uncaring that day too. Makes me wonder was it the same ref as in the Athy Leixlip thread. I must try and find out.

Question. Are a lot of clubs using boxing as part of their pre-season training? I know some are. I think this potentially leaves the door open for a player to be charged for assault with a deadly weapon. I know a non GAA lad who was when he was young.

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 pm

ohluckyme wrote:
Shane Lambe Kilcullen is going for an operation on Wednesday to repair his broken jaw which happened last weekend in a league match against St. Kevin's, after the game !! obviously i cannot name the culprit but this sort of behaviour is nothing short of thuggery and this person has no place near a GAA pitch. Sadly the referee did not see the incident.
I sincerely hope both Shane and Kilcullen pursue this to the very end,
Best of luck Shane.
hopefully he makes a full recovery,but the incident wasnt after the game,im not sayin it makes a difference and it shouldnt have happened!!
wish him the best of luck and hopefully he back playing soon!!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 pm

did the ref check on the injured player ohluckyme??

2 in one week? knackers
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Loads of Pints wrote:
did the ref check on the injured player ohluckyme??

2 in one week? knackers
no,nobody checked the injuried player till after the ref blew the whistle which was about 15 seconds after the incident!!think most just thought he hurt his leg!!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:08 pm

think incdidents like this highlight the problem of refereeing in Kildare. surely there are young referees in the county better equipped and trained fellas well over 50 years clearly unable to keep up with the pace if senior games? its a joke in fairness
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Loads of Pints wrote:
think incdidents like this highlight the problem of refereeing in Kildare. surely there are young referees in the county better equipped and trained fellas well over 50 years clearly unable to keep up with the pace if senior games? its a joke in fairness

Jesus how is it the ref's fault that lads are having their jaws broke off the ball? Easy option to blame the ref and now whatever man struck the blow.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

Jesus how is it the ref's fault that lads are having their jaws broke off the ball? Easy option to blame the ref and now whatever man struck the blow.
it wasnt just an off the ball punch i think,alot was said before that,not very nice stuff and this chap was always gonna react!!
i no its sticks and stones and no1 deserves that

Last edited by ManBearPig on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:44 pm

ManBearPig wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

it wasnt just an off the ball punch,alot was said before that,not very nice stuff and this chap was always gonna react!!

Sure look I wasn't there obviously but just making the point it's hardly the ref's fault. Like, if a lad walked down the street, got in a verbal row and broke a lad's jaw, you wouldn't say: 'Well, that's the standard of policing, it's the guards' fault.'
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 pm

ManBearPig wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

it wasnt just an off the ball punch,alot was said before that,not very nice stuff and this chap was always gonna react!!

Mouthing off has always been part of the game. Breaking a guys jaw hasn't. There's just way too many incidents like this in the GAA. It's sickening. If the guy can't take a bit of mouthing off he's no right on a football field.

A few jail sentences would sort it out. Assuming this won't happen, do us a favour and let us know what St Kevin's plan to do about it.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:59 pm

KFSAM wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

Mouthing off has always been part of the game. Breaking a guys jaw hasn't. There's just way too many incidents like this in the GAA. It's sickening. If the guy can't take a bit of mouthing off he's no right on a football field.

A few jail sentences would sort it out. Assuming this won't happen, do us a favour and let us know what St Kevin's plan to do about it.
mouthing off yes...personnal stuff is not though!!

oh yeh lets send everyone to jail!!
known st.kevins im sure they have been in contact with kilcullen numerous times and will hopefully sort this out!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 am

never said it was the refs fault the player was struck, i am curious as has been mentioned about the incident in the athy game the ref refused to attend to the injured player, just wondering if that was a trait with Kildare refs....are they told to ignore such incidents?

also, if such indicidents continue to go unpunished by the appropriate diciplinary chanels then where does that leave club football in Kildare? on the whole such incidents are isolated in comparison to Wicklow, Laois, up north etc so it would be a shame to see our football being painted with the wrong brush among the National media.
Back to top Go down
northernlily
Junior A
Junior A

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:05 am

KFSAM wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

I agree, just because incidents like this happen on the field of play, it doesn't give anybody the right to act like a thug. Criminal charges should be pressed wherever a serious assault takes place imo.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am

northernlily wrote:
KFSAM wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

I agree, just because incidents like this happen on the field of play, it doesn't give anybody the right to act like a thug. Criminal charges should be pressed wherever a serious assault takes place imo.

Agreed, and a very long ban!
Back to top Go down
swingfly
Junior C
Junior C

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 am

Well first thing's first assault of that nature is a serious criminal offence and hopefully if the incident did indeed occur than hopefully the GAA and the Court's can impose a meaningful sanction. The player himself could be in a spot of bother too if there is a civil case taken. On a side note though this mouth off lark has gotten a bit out of hand. I truly believe it stems from gombeen selectors at underage level urging their players to do it to get an edge. The only way to stop this is if the idiots at county level (and our lads are no saints either) are given straight red cards if the ref sees or hears rather, an incident of that nature taking place. I sincerely hope the Kilcullen player makes a full recovery though.. The county board will have to go down hard on the perpetrators to set an example..
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:05 am

We can blame selectors, referee's the lad behind the goals whoever you like but at the end of the day it's the lad who carry's this type of thing out is where the fault lies... This mouthing off thing is easy to hide behind and it's not a new phenomen. It's been going on for years even decades.... If you can't control yourself will pack it in.... A lad doesn't become an angel when he togs out or for that matter when he togs in either. I don't for one minute like to see this in GAA and unfortunately it prob. won't be the last time things like this happen but I feel it's starts and ends with the players...
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 am

Locking this due to the posts I've deleted. The poster who signed up to post that dirge is now banned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shane Lambe Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Lambe Injury   Shane Lambe Injury Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shane Lambe Injury
Page 1 of 1