Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Under age Grading

Go down 
+2
lollypop
smokey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey
Senior
Senior

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I'd like to discuss the way leagues and championships are graded after yesterdays minor finals. I am going to use two clubs as examples, not to have a go just examples.
First Castledermot won Div 2 after contesting the final of last years minor A championship final. They also won last years u21 B beating all round easily.
Second Two Mile house win Div 3 by a big margin after winning semi final by similar score.This TMH team won u16 b championship in 2010, contested 2011 u16 a championship final.
My issue is why these teams were in the 2nd and 3rd tier.Are clubs deliberitly trying to compete in thier comfort zone and collect trophies like well handicapped horses.
At the moment clubs are asked what their opinion is of their own sides before grading and then the divisions are selected. I think the county board should take the lead and manage more than try to appease all sides.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:04 am

was in hawkfield yesterday for the 2nd game , crackin game off football for de nuetral . This castledermot team although it probably has lads from both succesfull teams last year can hardly be graded on a previous teams achievements . Both off tmh finals were in championship , totally separate competition . At a guess i would say in the earley part off de year tmh are badly hit with rugby which would hinder dere league position . Go have a look at the div 4 table
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:57 am

I don't think you can accuse Castledermott of operating in a comfort zone, they played A championship last season and will probably be in it again now. Twomilehouse really should have been in div 2
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Last year's minor and definitely last year's U21 should have nothing to do with how they are graded in minor this year. It should be based on how they did at U16 level two years ago. As said, they played 'A' last year. They're reaping the rewards of some great work underage and obviously a very good crop has come together. If they stick around they'll be a senior club in a few years and a very good one at that.

Sometimes the gradings can be strange, even before hindsight, but they can only take the equivalent team from the previous age group into account.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:21 am

IMO TMH would probably beat Castledermot. So they were very badly graded, and their even stronger now they got that young lad from Kilcullen.
Same mistake was made last Year with Kilcock in the Minor B Championship.
Its lazy grading IMO. and lots of teams suffer early on with soccer and rugby etc, no excuse.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:42 am

not making an excuse for tmh but there in div 3 for a reason , im not sure if this team has ever won a league before . Castledermot s minor team have won 2 leagues since u14 level .
Rathangan in div 4 are as good as any team in div 2 but have lost every league final since u 14 . Not always a case off lazy grading IMO .
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:35 pm

TMH have 3 lads on the county minor panel if im not mistaking. i know balyna have being asked to play A c/ship because they had 3/4 lads on the st marys edenderry team that won all ireland. is that not double standards. im not saying TMH are wrong as balyna didnt do very well in div2 but i am saying that grading like this is a bit ridiculous. on another note clubs should always try and compete in as high a level as possible. playing better teams will only make them better.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

TMH have 3 County Minors and 4 on the u 17 squad. They were far too strong for div 3, and will prob walk the Minor B Championship.
Can anyone tell me why were Rathangan wearing Red in the Minor Final v Robertstown? there were no clash of colours?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Under age Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under age Grading   Under age Grading Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under age Grading
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: