Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Football Discussion

Go down 
+28
ripvanwinkle
Ogie
tomcruise
overthebar
Flamingo
parcel
steviegenius
KING KILDARE
fargo
KILL BILL
lilywhites on tour
peile
murof
flourman
hawker
kildaregaa365
lastline
Taibi
centreback
Loads of Pints
KFSAM
kelf
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
Big Full Back
Rex
Bān go Lēir
Stonecold
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

General Football Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 am

Have to say I enjoyed the Down v Monaghan game yesterday. Hard to believe the turnaround though. There only looked like one winner at half-time but it was a great comeback by Down in the second half in spite of some horrendous decisions by M. Duffy.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:18 am

Duffy's creation of space for the Monaghan goal was a thing of beauty. Draw the play player in as to create space behind to run into.

Can't say I was disappointed for Monaghan after Dick Clerkin's comments about Kildare earlier on in the year when the lads went away on their training camp. Him missing the point at the end did make me smile a little.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 am

I doubt there'll be many that will have any sympathy for Clerkin. I'm sure most Kildare people remember his cowardly stamping on the back of JD's legs as he lay injured on the ground in the league match up in Clones in 2009. He's always acting the hard man yet he goes missing when Monaghan really need him. Finlay on the other hand is a real class act. One of the sweetest left foots in football.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 am

Yep, Old Dick has a lot to say but rarely backs it up on the filed.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 am

KK, I think you have the wrong man. I think it was Rory Woods that gave JD a hard time in Clones.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 am

Could have sworn it was Clerkin. Maybe you're right and my memory is failing me. Shocked

I'd say Monaghan were actually better off losing that game yesterday because I can't see anything other than a sizeable beating for Down in the Ulster Final. Donegal or Tyrone will be far too strong and aggressive for them. Mayo racked up a good score yesterday but they might be a bit undercooked for Sligo now in the Connacht Final. You'd expect Mayo to have enough but Sligo have better inside forwards who will score freely if they get enough ball.

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 am

Maybe we are talking about two separate incidents. I definitely remember Woods kicking JD when he was on the ground. Although now as I type, I think Woods got him in the head so there might have been more than one incident.
Roly got nailed by the keeper that day too and no penno.

My love for Monaghan football has been undying ever since.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Football Discussion
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5