Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do we sit?

Go down 
+43
Cilldara_2000
GaaHead
Ogie
lillyboy
losthope
Ohtoohtobe
centreback
Loads of Pints
egocentric
flourman
Highball
steviegenius
Botch
Athyman
lastline
Come on the Boys in Blue
wingback
ohluckyme
stanley
SamMaguire
Taibi
BelieveToAchieve
KFSAM
northernlily
Stekhli
kildaregaa365
kildare08
Sam1928
peile
ripvanwinkle
overthebar
murof
tomcruise
butterfingers
johnsmyth
SeamusMurphy
topcat
lilly+sam
KILL BILL
rboy
kickingking
kelf
the big cal
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Where do we sit? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 am

I know this may be a silly question but why have we not tried Thomas at midfield where we have struggled so often this year, have we no other player that can play full forward ?
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am

The big Cal wants Geezer out and put in Jason Ryan instead, he thinks that will solve everything, he has completely ignored the progress we have made, I think that tells you all you need to know about his GAA knowledge, he hasn't a blood clue.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 am

Our tactic's were wrong all year, not just against Cork. In any game that I seen you could have turned an artic truck in front of our D and not hit a Kildare player. Cork and Meath exposed us in that area, the thing that worries me is the management did not see this and the main man was a no 6 most of his career !!

I watched the Cork and Meath games several times since and the amount of times the no 6 position was unmanned was alarming, the team this year seemed to be set up to get defenders on the ball, that's fine on occasion but their primary duty is too defend, all to often the gap between our two lines of defence was way to wide, this exposed our full backs and allowed opposing half forwards and midfielders room to run at us.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

steviegenius very unfair comment there that has not gone unnoticed.

I have received several complaints about the comment in question.

Please engage what is on your shoulders before posting in future.

Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:08 am

lads just talking about this whole bulk up culture in the gaa.
like i know it's a pro game but like if you ever see the guys in rugby who play in the backs they can keep speed and mobility while being serious beasts.
there is a difference between strenght and conditioning and bulking up. like rob kearney would be stronger than nearly any gaa player and he doesnt look massive in the flesh.
im not sure who does the programme's for the gaa boys but it just seems lads are getting bigger but at the cost of their speed, etc.
i know in donegal lads are ok to do a lot of their own things and that mcbrearty isnt a fan of weights. but you have lads like lacey who is a gym man but he is strong as fook but still doesnt lose anything in terms of pace, etc.
met him there a while ago and he doesnt look big but anything he has is pure steel. we just seem to get bigger.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:14 am

Great point Flamingo
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 am

No Prob Admin sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Very good point flamingo, I agree bulking up does not seem to be the answer, take tommy molick for example a big lad who has bulked up and lost pace, I am sure we have experts in Kildare who know the correct gym work the lads should be doing, it is all about been able to break a tackle, agility and speed and quickness of thought, what do defenders hate a forward coming at them with pace, we also need more direct players
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:44 pm

the big cal still hasn't put his money where his mouth is. No doubt he'll ignore the call to name his preferred man and continue to post negative comments.

Since we are discussing what changes may be needed and the preparation of the team compared to Donegal, may I be as bold as to suggest that we have a Kildare man already working at the top in terms of physical preperation who has an All Ireland winning team on his resume. He of course being Dr. Cian O'Neill who is currently with Mayo and was physical fitness and prep coach for the Tipperary hurlers when the won in 2010.

As much as I like Julie Davis and the effort she has put in which cannot be doubted, but everyone knows hard decisions have to be made in the next couple of months, maybe a few new ideas are needed on this side of our game.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Yeah I am hearing nothing but good comments on Cian O Neill everywhere I go
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Cian O Neill was with the minors two years ago.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 pm

He was at the moors game yesterday evening, talked to him during half time and by the sounds of his comments about football within the county, i'd say he would love to be given the chance to be involved in our county setup.......
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Only part time if I recall. He was working with Tipp hurlers and so could not commit full time.

Either way in my humble opinion the next manager would be mad not to bring him in. Maybe the current one might do so first.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:30 pm

The physical trainer with the Cork hurlers is also a Kildare man, David Matthews from Leixlip.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/shaping-rebels-to-go-the-distance-3045774.html
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:35 pm

If Cain o Neil is that good and looks like he is up for it then why not give him a go alongside Julie , new ideas are needed, the strength and conditioning side of the preparation of the team must be looked at no stone should be unturned to bring success. Remember all of the other county teams will be trying to copy or emulate donegals achievements this year, if we do not change something now we will definitely be left behind, I don't agree with some posters if we played cork again tomorrow we would have the same result, and cork are very far behind Donegal .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do we sit?   Where do we sit? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do we sit?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: