Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Star nomination - really?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

All Star nomination - really? Empty
PostSubject: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 am

I see Brianne Leahy has been nominated for an all star again.

Now I know I was complaining when the self appointed manager left her out of the panel. And I was happy to see her rejoin the panel when that manager was replaced. And now, despite having played no league games and only 2 championship matches, she's been nominated.

This is crazy. Not her fault, but makes a mock of the whole system. How can any player, no matter who she is, be awarded anything based on 2 games in a year?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 am

Always the bitter word.

Some County Manager had to put her name forward and it was most likely an opposition one showing how well she played when she was selected.

I congratulate Brianne on what must be her fifth ( at least) nomination.

She is a brilliant footballer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:56 am

"Always the bitter word" - that's rich coming from you. I can remember you screaming "f**k off" at a delegate one night before a meeting. I can remember 2 positions being empty at CB level and you suspending a meeting because you didn't like the 2 candidates going forward for the positions. The ONLY two candidates I might add.

I'm not having a go at Brianne's character. I'm simply asking, how can a girl be nominated for an all-star when she's only ayes 2 matches in the whole year?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:49 am

Facts wrong again.

U might be correct on me telling someone to get lost

The other episode: "Suspendinfg a meeting" Is that when I resigned & left & the meeting carried on.

As for the 2 condidates: Non members who left rather than pay membership: a great help they were.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:06 am

Think one of those two you are talking about got the position of minor manager not long after whotelass. They won leinster minor title and then he was ousted. Got a very raw deal imo. Cant remember who replaced him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:49 am

There a huge difference between "get lost" and "f**k off". everybody there knows what they heard. Call it what you like kelf, you did it!
Refusing to fill 2 positions when only 2 candidates were available is bitter and bigoted beyond belief.

Think you must be mistaken Ted. Kildare have never won a Leinster minor title. Perhaps it was a blitz ur thinking of?
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:54 am

Could have been a shield title a year or so ago whitelass but i'll stand corrected if wrong . Rules only matter when it suits
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 am

He got Minor Manager in 2010 & lost to Wicklow in Leinster B. (Game in Arklow, my only visit to that venue).

U are correct that he then won Minor B Shield

Quote :
Minor B
Wicklow, Kildare, Longford, Wexford

Semi Final – 5th April
Wicklow v Kildare
Longford v Wexford

C/Ship Final / Shield Final – 17th/18th April

So third in Leinster Minor B

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Who mentioned something about bitter?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Quote :

I dont sniff at an All Ireland title any day.

Well done Eoin, John, Jenny & Mary.

Congratulations to Eadoin & Mickaela and all the Team

Those words sound familiar kelf? I find it astounding how you accuse others of being bitter, when your last post proves exactly the same of you!
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:58 pm

kelf wrote:

He got Minor Manager in 2010 & lost to Wicklow in Leinster B. (Game in Arklow, my only visit to that venue).

U are correct that he then won Minor B Shield

Quote :
Minor B
Wicklow, Kildare, Longford, Wexford

Semi Final – 5th April
Wicklow v Kildare
Longford v Wexford

C/Ship Final / Shield Final – 17th/18th April

So third in Leinster Minor B

No need to run down the a achievements of a group of players just because you've a gripe.with the manager. He got a raw deal should have been left in the position. How did they do the following year 11 ?

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 am

Kildare were graded Minor B that year

and won the Shield.

I was giving credit for the win to the Manager.

Just as I did for the All Ireland U 16 Shield

so ur bitterness is all ur own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Star nomination - really?   All Star nomination - really? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Star nomination - really?
Page 1 of 1