Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..

Go down 
+9
Bad News Baba
Robo1357
lilywhites on tour
TommyKeegan
tomcruise
SeamusMurphy
bag of white
Ohtoohtobe
Loads of Pints
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Empty
PostSubject: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 am

Massive news for Dublin, in one championship outling last year he showed his potential and was easily their best forward that day.

to be honest, they have a pretty formidable forward line there this year with the return of Alan Brogan, the emergence of Dean Rock as a consistent performer and the usuals of Brogan Jnr, Flynn, Cullen, Connolly.

Christ think of the difference one of them would make to Kildare's forward line!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:29 am

Sick when I saw this. He's class in fairness.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 am

Yeah that's a huge boost for them. Plus he has 6 weeks of top class physical training under his belt already before the year even starts.

Some of our lads looked like they over indulged on the Christmas pudding.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am

The Dubs have some set of Forwards at their disposal.. Some serious Talent coming trough and some serious competition for places.. Jim Gavin must be in dreamland with the headache he has. And better still he knows all those young Lads after working with them at underage.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am

Dublin will be very formidable this year but I have a feeling that Laois will surprise many in 2013.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am

Cork to win it all. Now, that's that.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 am

Good to see our Man bringing some of our Starlets trough eventually, Brophy, Flynn, Eaton etc.
I like the look of Conor Murphy ( Clane ) also, big Man who can kick points. Worth a run maybe?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 am

TommyKeegan

I was all Cork this time last year and I now think that they are massively overrated. I actually fine it hard to watch them , particularly their lateral passing and half back line.

I don't think that Loais will win the AI but they can win Leinster.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 am

Dont think Cork will win the All Ireland this year. Jim gavin and Dublin will be a tough side to beat. Loads of underage and talented players comming through. However we have a few younglads comming in like a lot of teams out there, so 2013 will be an interesting one. Its make or break for geezer this year and if we get a decent run in the league, stay in division one and come through it with a solid group, we can match any of them.
Back to top Go down
Robo1357
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 am

LOT you'd just have to wonder if they'll be given a chance to shine in the League. A few of them have been tested already against CIT and DIT. Some good displays but some of them are questionable...
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 am

Good footballer alright, but what's with the big press release. It's as if he has been gone for years not a few weeks. Sure he was playing for his Club in November. He just should have come home without the big fanfare and told the truth that he missed his mommy.
He has basically gone for the length of a holiday.
If he was from any other county no one would give a toss.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 am

Absolutely of course they have to prove themselves! but im just saying that its good to have a team where they are fighting for places. obviously its early days but its good to see a bit of freshness and new energy even this early on.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 am

There is only one thing that can be said here about our good news cheers

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 am

"Who gives a fuck"

That was the first thing that came into my head.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah I agree let the dubs get on with it, I am delighted that geezer has started to freshen up the panel about time to looking at our own club we might have one or two more who could get on the panel but in fairness they are no better than those already there. I like the look of Cathal from johnstownbridge and willie grooms, realistically if we can get 2 to 3 to break into the first team that would be good .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:04 pm

I don't get at all why Cork have such a high rating - I would think Dublin have much more talent, and with a new manager in Jim Gavin - who is a very serious operator - they'll be really focussed this year. Kilkenny is a huge boost to them.

On another note, it's a reminder of just what an achievement it is for the handful that have succeeded in the AFL.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Taibi wrote:
"Who gives a fuck"

its a big GAA story, a case of the grass isnt always greener. It involves a team who Kildare will most likely be playing in a Leinster semi final. If you "dont give a fuck" why did you click into the thread? Dope
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 am

Taibi wrote:
"Who gives a fuck"

Would you not think its a good thing for Gaa generally that somebody of this cailbre has turned down the AFL and publically declaring. The game of GAA means more

Or you been typically condensing because of the individual due to where he is from !

And as said above by the poster why comment if it as you say you don't give a f...k. a referance I thought was in contervention of site rule. I suppose one rule some and other rules for others Suspect
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 am

Ogie wrote:
I don't get at all why Cork have such a high rating - I would think Dublin have much more talent, and with a new manager in Jim Gavin - who is a very serious operator - they'll be really focussed this year. Kilkenny is a huge boost to them.

On another note, it's a reminder of just what an achievement it is for the handful that have succeeded in the AFL.

Well I would agree wholeheartly but doesn't it say something that maybe after years of players leaving our shores to AFL. That now there could be a culture of well our game means more now. I put that down to all the hard work of clubs who have set the mindset in players ethos to consider there future is with our game Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 am

sniper wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Well I would agree wholeheartly but doesn't it say something that maybe after years of players leaving our shores to AFL. That now there could be a culture of well our game means more now. I put that down to all the hard work of clubs who have set the mindset in players ethos to consider there future is with our game Rolling Eyes

No, I don't think so sniper because players have been coming home for years - many more than have stayed, and on an annual basis. Homesickness is a massive factor.

The reason people go is an opportunity to play sport professionally. But it's the other side of the world. But the number of people that have gone over, even to try it, is minimal. A decimal of a percentage of what have gone to rugby and soccer.

Good look to him for coming back, some boost to Castleknock in an All-Ireland semi-final
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..   Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ciaran Kilkenny a Dub again..
Page 1 of 1