Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poaching Clubs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Hey guys, I dont post to this part of the forum at all. I read it sometimes and get a good laugh at the twoing and froing but recent ongoings have me and my club very frsutrated. We're a ladies football club in north Kildare who have seen very good times (many years ago) and very bad times (up to about 5 years ago) and are now managing to work our way back up the ladder in terms of competing and winning.

I realise this is a ladies football matter, and I dont know the workings of the GAA at all. But I would be very keen to see if there has been any such carry on in the Kildare gaa club scene and if so, how was it dealt with.

With our new season about to start, certain clubs have spent the off season poaching players left right & centre. In some cases calling to players doors with transfer forms. If this was to happen in the GAA how would it be dealt with and would the GAA county board do SOMETHING to stop their disgraceful carry on?

One club is looking to 'loan' 11 minor players from a local club to compete in ther minor championship. I dont know how this can be entertained when you consider that championships are 12 aside by agreement. They are practically 'loaning' a whole team.
Another club have had 15-20 transfers into the club since Xmas. 2 questions spring to mind here. How can this be allowed. And have they no shame?

Our club are looking at proposing motions to see can transfers be limited. Or Can a rule be enforced for the good of the association? Or better still, can these disgusting glory hunters be pushed up to Intermediate or senior? After all, that's where most if their players have come from.

Looking forward to hearing some views and opinions on this matter, Prefereably some helpfull and insightful ones. Feel free to PM me with whatever advise you can......
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Poaching of players in the GAA has always gone on. Especially when junior or intermediate teams are amalgamated with senior teams at underage level. You often find that young players from the smaller clubs end up representing the bigger senior club when they get past minor level.

Not really sure what can be done about it as often these amalgamations at underage level are needed for the young players from small clubs to get any football/hurling/camogie. It's sort of a catch 22 situation.

I think your club can object to the transfer if it's not valid. But that can cause awkward situations with a player that wants to leave like the Eamonn Fennell situation.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:28 am

I'm not that well up on the Ladies end of things but I understand that the Parish rule still applies to their transfers (unlike the Mens equivalent). This means that if you're providing football for these players and they reside in your Parish then they can't transfer to a Club outside the Parish without your Clubs consent.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 am

Ask anyone in Allenwood GAA Club and they can advise you accordingly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 am

Tom I say you'd be a perfect man to comment since ye pulled players off of Johnstown bridge and the clocks for years and now edenderry...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 am

its being going on in our parish ever sence the other club in the parish started ladies football a year or 2 ago. we always knew wed lose some players that had family connections to that club and played with us as this other club hadnt ladies football...but now its got 2 the stage that there knocking on doors with transfer forms,,one man moved his daughers and is the main man thats doing the knocking,,jesus i hope he knocks on my door affraid Sleep,,,then again hes being in a few clubs around the county on there medal hunt,, every club has this copped on, its the talk of the county in the ladies football world,, but not 2 worry we'll still be here for years 2 come and thank the girls that stick with there club true thick and thin,, there the players that you call club people
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poaching Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poaching Clubs   Poaching Clubs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poaching Clubs
Page 1 of 1