Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch

Go down 
+14
murof
Ohtoohtobe
TheManInTheStands
Taibi
bk 1
Athyman
Loads of Pints
lily fan
jim
Kildare98
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Flamingo
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:37 am

Tried this a bit last year but sure no harm doing it again!
Between everyone here we will see every game this weekend. Just let us all know who impressed in each game. No harm keeping an eye on the form of the county men before we bate the Biffs either! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:48 pm

No harm at all Flamingo.. Good stuff.
Might even unearth some new Star Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:30 am

Smithy in great form for sash last night scoring 1.04 from play, Conor Tiernan put in another fine display scoring 3 points from wing back but Ballymore were woeful so hard to judge sarsfields performance.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:44 pm

james eaton scored 2 - 6 i think
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Said it before, and I'll say it again - Eaton, Cian Reynolds and Darroch Mulhall should be in the Kildare squad, ridiculous that they aren't.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:53 pm

I said it before and I'll say ir again James Eaton was on the panel but walked away which he is entitled to do. Reynolds plays with another county you onlt allowed to play with one at a time and mulhall....we'll see
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:56 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Said it before, and I'll say it again - Eaton, Cian Reynolds and Darroch Mulhall should be in the Kildare squad, ridiculous that they aren't.

Cian Reynolds is with Leitrim and isn't getting his game. Eaton was on the panel and dropped off it.

Mulhall can be hit and miss. I've seen him be miss more often than hit in the last 18 months.
He has no doubt got serious talent. But he is just too temperamental.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Cian Reynolds is injured, Eaton presumably left the panel because he wasn't getting any game time. He produced one majestic moment against Wexford in the O'Byrne Cup to rescue the game and his reward was being benched for the rest of the year.

I disagree about Mulhall - I believe he is up to inter-county standard and would make a good auxiliary forward if any first choice players got injured. And perhaps in time he could play himself into the frame for a first choice position. You don't know til you give him a chance (see also Eaton, Reynolds).
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Keith Cribben back on from today. Running and being positive. Dan Flynn looked like a county man too.
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:04 pm

How'd Cavan man do for Kevins?
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:14 pm

some lads are forgetting a lad that plays or shows very well for a club might not be good at inter county different level all together.
Having potential and actually making the step up big difference.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:22 pm

fionn dowling scored 0-6
Back to top Go down
lily fan
Junior C
Junior C

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:29 am

Seanie Johnston did not play against Confey
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:19 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Cian Reynolds is injured, Eaton presumably left the panel because he wasn't getting any game time. He produced one majestic moment against Wexford in the O'Byrne Cup to rescue the game and his reward was being benched for the rest of the year.

I disagree about Mulhall - I believe he is up to inter-county standard and would make a good auxiliary forward if any first choice players got injured. And perhaps in time he could play himself into the frame for a first choice position. You don't know til you give him a chance (see also Eaton, Reynolds).

'auxillary forward' Laughing When a player barely stands out for his club what chance has he got at IC level. Too slow and one footed, never in a million years is mulhall a county footballer
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:33 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

'auxillary forward' Laughing When a player barely stands out for his club what chance has he got at IC level. Too slow and one footed, never in a million years is mulhall a county footballer

You've clearly been watching different matches to me. But what can I say, with a brilliantly argued and devastatingly articulated rebuke like that, I have to bow to the superior argument.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:34 am

I thought your reply was a load of bollocks, in case you were wondering Laughing
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:39 am

How come Johnstone didn't play?
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Anyone know did the kildare lads come through the weekend ok? no injury concerns?
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:50 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

You've clearly been watching different matches to me. But what can I say, with a brilliantly argued and devastatingly articulated rebuke like that, I have to bow to the superior argument.

Good man, sure if we was good enough or had the right application he would be on the panel wouldnt he? this is the same fella who got taken off for the U21's last year and didnt stand out at Junior IC level yet you think he is Kildares 'auxillary forward' Rolling Eyes

perhaps i am watching the wrong games.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Loads of pints, I would agree partially with you, this year Darroch is now looking up and passing the ball which he has added to his game, he has serious pace and on his day unplayable, if he adds consistency to his game then yes he is ready for inter county, Reynolds Mulhall eaton and Okeeffe should at least be on the panel, eaton was treated unfairly and got 10 mins in one game and nothing else he is slowly getting his confidence back 2-6 is not a bad return in champship match for him . I am privately happy that the guys are not called up there better off with our club .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:49 pm

I agree with all that Athyman... er, except the bit about them not playing for Kildare obviously. Fair play to ye, it's some squad ye have at the moment.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I did a bit of roaming Yesterday to take in a few Games... I thought Mahon and in particular Eaton were very immpresive for Athy, and would agree with previous posts re: Eaton.. However the Jury remains out on Darroch, He was a talented Minor, but has lots more to give I believe.
Evan Dempsey was the stand out Player in the Robertstown v Rathangan Match, and it really beggars belief how / why hes not on the County Minor Team / Panel.. Eoin Kennedy also shone brightest for Rathangan.
Eoin Naughton was the stand out Player for Clane v Monasterevan, superb engine on this fella, one worht keeping an eye on... One wonders why Monasterevan with their serious lack of scoring Forwards, only introduced their County Minor with 15 or 20 minutes left?, didnt look injured.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks hg I thought you were a closet Athy supporter Smile we have a good squad but one swallow does not make a spring Smile we will not be getting to carried away with the win and keep our heads down and keep working, we needs few wins in the league to be safe
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:04 pm

i got the chance 2 get 2 3 games,, clane v monasterevin and i agree seamus. naughton is well worth keepin an eye on,, ballykelly v castlemitchell and the stand out player there was the young corner forward lee moore another that should be on the county minor team/panel, and athy v carbury where jamea eaton was just class,another that should be on county senior team/panel. over all it was a good week of championship football but when will the next round be ???????. god only knows bounce
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:15 pm

maybe sometime in late september because if it is we all know what that means bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next