Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SFL Division 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lilyban
Junior C
Junior C
lilyban

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Senior Football Leagus division 2 final will take place on Tuesday 20th July at 7.30pm between Grange and Castlemitchell in Rheban.
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 pm

That should be an interesting game. Who do you think will win it?
Back to top Go down
lilyban
Junior C
Junior C
lilyban

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 am

I would say that Grange will be favourites for this one. When they met earlier in the campaign, Castlemitchell beat them but Grange were without Brianne Leahy and Donna Berry and it will be these 2 players that will prob make the difference on the night. Can't see Castlemitchell give up their league crown without a fight tho so Im expecting a close exciting local derby...
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 pm

They met twice in the league, 1st match Grange were missing an awful lot of players and had put an objection into Leinster about being in Div 2 so asked for the match to be postponed - didn't happen and Castlemitchell beat them - 2nd time Grange had full team and played Castlemitchell off the pitch. Can't see anything but a Grange win & whatever politics that were going on at the County board, Grange are not a Div 2 team ! County board need to cop on to themselves might think they are encouraging development of new clubs but they are not by forcing strong clubs to play in a lower division.
All that said I understand Grange a missing one or two for Tues so should be closer than last time still Grange to win
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

Totally agree that Grange are not a div 2 team espcecially with brianne & donna but lets not forget that Castlemitchell should have played div1 football this year too....so should be an interesting match. I heard the 2nd time these teams met that castlemitchell were missing a good few so hard to tell by the previous encounters.... should be a cracker.
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Grange win last night - Division 2 Legue winners
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:27 pm

So much for it being a close game. A scoreline of 1-9 to 0-4 dosent suggest this lol!

Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Thought it was 2-9 to 0-4 points but you might be right - I said closer than last time and I could be wrong but I think grange won last time by much greater margin.
Castlemitchell have their goalie & a few bad wides from Grange to thank for keeping the score line as close as it was
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 am

yep that was the scoreline. i saw the game, castlemitchell put up a hard fight.... i thought their backs did well but their midfield was poor and no match for donna & brianne. if they got a few good forwards they would sorted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SFL Division 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFL Division 2   SFL Division 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SFL Division 2
Page 1 of 1