Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturday Matches

Go down 
+5
topcat
micky murphy
Taibi
Gaa1928
bag of white
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:45 am

Just wondering how people feel about adult matches on Saturday afternoon and how it's affecting clubs fielding teams with players working etc. It's hard to expect lads to keep taking Saturdays off in the current jobs climate
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:01 am

Personally I prefer Saturday afternoon matches to Sunday matches especially at this time of year. At least you can have a few pints on Saturday night.

If the match is on Sunday you're minding yourself all weekend.

In saying that I don't have any Saturday work issues to contend with.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 am

Would rather play on a Saturday or early Sunday afternoon. At least they have more or less have done away with the dreaded 7.30 p.m. fixtures on a Bank Holiday Monday. Indeed over the last couple of years a lot of the 'long weekends' have been fixture free.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 am

Games should be on Saturday afternoons unless the county minors, u21s or seniors are playing. The majority of league games were played on a Sunday last year, they clashed with televised championship games which took away from attendances and general interest. But hey, sure who gives a shit about club footballers. The poor relation of the Kildare County Board, unless they're looking for money of course..
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:28 pm

From a club footballers perspective i would like to see all league games fixed for Saturday afternoon / evenings (depending on light!) subject to Kildare games.
This would allow club footballers to have some kind of life.
I would see Championship different with say Junior / Intermediate on Fri / Sat and Senior on Sundays
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm

I think the vast majority of players would prefer games to be played Saturday evenings, this gives students the opportunity to work these Saturdays if they have to while also allowing players a life at the same time. this is obviously not feasible early in the year where the light won't allow it but once the hour goes forward I think most players would prefer games to be played on Saturdays at around 6.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:15 am

Sat evening would seem about right to me and Sunday afternoon for the early matches. A lot of teams are missing lads on Sat afternoon but this never seems to be considered. The league fixtures should be out soon, hopefully common sense comes into it
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:47 am

Saturday evening is perfect

Im back
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Saturday afternoon / evening matches are perfect.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 am

There was a motion passed at the county convention last year recommending the CCC to only have Sunday matches when there's a clash with a county team.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:46 am

Cheers Cill Dara for that info, never remember seeing coverage of that motion being passed in any of the coverage in the local papers about convention but fair play to which ever club got that onto the clar and more importantly get it passed!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:59 am

That was me! It was accepted unanimously without a vote although I wasn't able attend myself.
Quote :
For discussion at convention to obtain the views of clubs as to whether the following should be recommended to CCC: that the following additional rule be inserted into the GENERAL RULES FOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE COMPETITIONS:

“Each round shall be fixed for Saturday afternoon or Saturday evening.

Exception 1: A round may be fixed for Sunday, at the discretion of the CCC, where the intercounty Senior or Minor Football team are fixed to play a league or championship game on the Saturday of that weekend.

Exception 2: A round may be fixed midweek at the discretion of the CCC.

Applies to SFL Divisions 1, 2 & 3, and the Aldridge, Keogh & Dowling Cups.”

Rationale:

1) Almost every other competition has a fixed time, EG Divisions 3A, 4 & 5 are all played on Mondays. There is no valid reason that the first team competitions couldn’t also have a fixed time.

2) Having a fixed time for a competition allows players to more easily plan work & family commitments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saturday Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday Matches   Saturday Matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturday Matches
Page 1 of 1