Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!

Go down 
+5
tomcruise
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
Sam1928
Rex
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Empty
PostSubject: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

Liverpool have announced the signing of Joe Cole.

He must have got his £90,000 a week at Anfield so.

What does people think of this, good signing for the pool in my opinion?!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 am

Good signing as Liverpool (yes I've been a Liverpool supporter all my life for my sins) needed a left hand sided player like Cole for years, however his injury record in the last couple of years has not been great. Hope it's not another Harry Kewell copy.

If he is fit he will prosper playing with Torres and Gerrard. Presuming of course that they will be still there next September.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:13 am

Very injury prone over the last 2 seasons. Think I read today he only played 33% of Chelseas games in that time. Big big gamble but its a "big name" signing and must mean that Gerrard is staying (sure he loves his engurlund buddies".

Could also mean there might be something in the pipeline about new owners but that could be me just dreaming.

£90K a week is probably below market value for an england international and one with title medals in his pocket. If he stays injury free then it could be an excellent value for money signing.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:01 am

Good lad Sam a fellow sadist Red.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 am

hopefully will make torres and gerrard stay,mash sud be sold,bring in couple defenders,maybe centre midfielder to,left back needed now aswell,hope koncheskey isnt the answer!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

I'd say Masch is on the way out alright.

My team for games at Anfield and against shite teams away. This is a decent attacking team. However it wouldnt be good enough away to Chelsea, the mancs or Arsenal etc. You would need a Defensive ballwinner in midfield. I think Carra's legs are gone too.

Reina
Johnson, Carra, Agger, LB
Kuyt, Gerrard, Aquilani, Jovanovic
Cole
Torres

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Mascherano is 100% gone. Good player but if Inter are willing to spend 35 million or so on him I'd snap their hands off.
Plus his wife wants to get out of England asap, never even bothered to learn a word of the language so he'll be leaving no matter what, might as well get as much for him as we can.

With his transfer money maybe put in a sneeky bid for Mesut Ozil.
Gerrard and Ozil in the middle would do some damage.

Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:44 pm

If the yanks gave Roy the money from the masch sale which I really really doubt then I'd bring back Stephen Warnock for Left back. Should never have been let go, Has turned into a fine defender and an international.

Lucas/Aqualani/Gerrard ( no ball winner there) ...may need a Masch-Lite from somwhere.

Probably need another CB as well ( Mertesacher???)

Up front Torres/Ngog/Kuyt/Jovanovic...if needed....taking guys out of position and a bit light. Could do with another striker

Thats 4 players I'd see as a must to "fix" the squad. They need not be 1st teamers but we certainly need the backup.

Only problem is we just dont have the money to buy top quality.

JME - Cant see where Ozil would fit in with Aquaman and Cole already in the squad. Great world cup though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Aqualani- does he even play soccer? i thought he was just a mystical player that doenst really exsist?!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 pm

your right,
I'll go with what we do have

------------------Reina

Johnson ----Agger ----Skrtel----LB

------------Masch/Lucas---------

-----Gerrard---- Aquilani/Cole--

Kuyt/Maxi------------------Jovanovic

----------------Torres------------
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Brave man dropping Carra although I agree with you. Cant see Roy dropping him this season.

Fionn- Aquaman does exist. You may have noticed a multimillion euro italian international coming off the bench to "win" games with 2 minutes remaining in a number of fixtures last season.

As we all know 2 minutes is plenty of time to proove yourself in games.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 pm

I think Hodgeson will use him in the right way. His form was very poor last year yet he was never given a break.
Hodgeson will be a more traditional type manager, in the way his teams are picked. It will a case if your playing well your in, if not your benched.
Benitez would drop a player in the form of his life if he thought it didn't suit his tactics and yet kept playing duds no matter how bad they were.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 am

carra wont be dropped this year,maybe next year,need 2 defenders still,wilson a good signing though!!!!at least he is signing or more moving for proven players,impressed so far,specially with keepin torres(hopefully) and gerrard...
sell mash,get funds for more players,he caN BE replaced for a 1/3 he is worth
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:24 am

he signed for not for money but to play at anfield
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 am

Mascherano is good for collecting the ball from the keeper and passing it back.One of the biggest jokes of the World Cup and one of the most over rated players in the Premiership.Let him go now !!!

The problem with Torres and Cole is that they will be injured for most of the year so they are of little value to any team.I felt sorry for the Spanish manager being forced to play Torres in the World Cup because he is not a patch on Villa or Silva but the pressure was on to play him.I expect Liverpool to finish 6th or 7th this year and that would be good for the squad they have.Already the manager is playing down fans' expectations but then again what did he ever win except for getting Fulham to a nothing final.Lots of tears on the red side of the Mersey in 2010/2011.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 am

tomcruise wrote:
Mascherano is good for collecting the ball from the keeper and passing it back.One of the biggest jokes of the World Cup and one of the most over rated players in the Premiership.Let him go now !!!

The problem with Torres and Cole is that they will be injured for most of the year so they are of little value to any team.I felt sorry for the Spanish manager being forced to play Torres in the World Cup because he is not a patch on Villa or Silva but the pressure was on to play him.I expect Liverpool to finish 6th or 7th this year and that would be good for the squad they have.Already the manager is playing down fans' expectations but then again what did he ever win except for getting Fulham to a nothing final.Lots of tears on the red side of the Mersey in 2010/2011.
maybe this year there injurys will clear up,u can buy a player for 50million and he cud break his leg in the first tackle,cole is worth the chance alone....injurys seem to have cleared up!!!!!silva didnt play most the gmes for spain and isnt better than torres,vila is debatable.........liverpools will finish in the top 4,city are being pure shite for twice the value the players are worth......getting a very poor fulham team who were 6th favs to be relegated last year to europa league final is certainly something to stand up and applaud!!!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 am

great singing lets hope he stay injury free hope torres stays
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Is it just me or is it wrong to be discussing soccer transfer news on a gaa forum when Kildare had arguably one of their best ever performances two days ago?

Who gives two f@#ks about torres / Mascherano??
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:05 am

last time i talked about it was july 22nd and anyway,its a separate part to the forum so anything can be discussed,dont like it then dont click in
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:35 am

I agree.... anyway, this portion of the forum was set up for those of us who have the temerity to like other sports. Not Liverpool mind you. I think Cole is a good signing though but the centre of defence could still be a problem for the Scouse
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:39 am

yeah i agree,also full backs and left wing,hopefully few signing though might tighten this up!!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:32 am

Just after noticing this part of the form, as another Liverpool fan first thing Tom Cruise get real Villa or Silva they are good players but they don't come close to Torres simple as that. I think this year is going to be very different league a lot of teams beating each other I could not tell you who will win the league but with the feel good factor back at Liverpool Torres getting a good rest the signing of Cole they will be there or there abouts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!   Joe Cole signs for Livepool!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Cole signs for Livepool!!
Page 1 of 1