Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2015 Leagues

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

2015 Leagues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:55 am

I wouldn't expect you to comment for that particular reason! I was just venting. And like I said elsewhere, the clubs presumably voted on it but I have seen them do that many times over the years, just to get home early or because they are unwilling to think about things. It can't have positive consequences.

Interesting what Leixlip will do having changed management. You always get the sense that if the Balyna girls were focussed on football, they remain the strongest panel. I'm delighted that's the case with the Sash. The big clubs should be up there. They have a really talented crowd of young players - the next couple of years will be crucial for them. No surprise either to see the Larries competing now, they were producing at underage level anyway and once they got Brianne and co, that was a game-changer, although it probably only accelerated what was likely to happen anyway. It's brilliant though that you have such competitiveness in the semi-finals. That's good for the game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm

So how are the Championships going? Congrats to Kildare on winning the Leinster by the way. I know they had to drop down to intermediate but sometimes you need to rebuild and struggling at a higher level when you're not competitive and trying to bring young players through is difficult. It is important that playing for Kildare is deemed an attraction, which it isn't for so many players.

The underage seems to be going well too though, so this will all help.

But anyway, back to my original query? What's it looking like for the Championship? I always find Junior A intriguing - one of the hardest to win, so many good teams with a lot of the newer clubs progressing and some other good, competitive teams. There are a number of junior A teams better than a couple of intermediate outfits for sure and that's been the case for a couple of years. Not being involved this year though, I don't really know who's involved.

Obviously there'll be nothing new in senior? Good to see Sarsfields competing well.

I won't comment on the structure again, for the intermediate anyway. The most insane, self-destructive, self-defeating, negative, non-promotional piece of work I've seen in a long while, even worse than playing the U16 championship in the summer. Sorry, that's me not commenting.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:58 am

Dont know exactly how a lot of groups are but in one senior group

Sarsfields beat Confey (few weeks back) and

Confey beat Leixlip last night by 2 pts ( admittedly a very understrength Leixlip who have been badly caught by the earlier start as 6 of their squad booked holidays for mid July which is normally free !!!!)

So Leixlip must beat Sars next week or they are gone !!!! and in the League an understrength Sash drew with a full-strength Leixlip !!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Would be great to see Sarsfields breaking through.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 10:49 am

They have had a lot of Under Age suscess in recent years and many of those excellent young players are now making waves ( Like Chilly with her 8 points last Sunday)
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Having a couple of years senior at her age was some benefit when she is inevitably going to improve anyway and then dropping a grade. A very talented player. As you say, they have plenty of them but the challenge in ladies football as ever is to keep them. I know last year, they were a little worried that so many of them had the leaving but seem to have managed that well. Obviously the girls are keen and that's key. Anyway, should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Leagues   2015 Leagues - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2015 Leagues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2