Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hmm a man with an idea.........

Go down 
+7
walsheman
kickingking
kartman
Rex
kildarecat
Sam1928
Stonecold
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Hmm a man with an idea......... Empty
PostSubject: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Well at least he has some ideas, don't particularly like the no speech thing, even our egg ball friends are moving to speechs after matches. But everything else I agree with and about time somebody addressed them...
http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/top-official-oneill-urges-disciplinary-reform-125656.html
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 pm

The canny Mr. O'Neill moving into position nicely for the future presidential elections.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Are my eyes playing tricks or have we at last unearthed a top GAA Official with more than two brain cells to rub together?.
I said on a previous thread on here how GAA disciplinary procedures encourages people to shirk responsibilty where passing the buck became the norm, having one Central Committee is just common sense, have you been reading my mind Mr. O'Neill?.

A lot of common sense in that article, and I agree also about the speech thing, it might take awhile but its quite obvious the GAA are serious about stopping aftermatch pitch invasions and have been for a number of years, but how to go about it is the stumbling block, as supporters are pre-programmed to invade the pitch like lemmings over a cliff, a mindset change for supporters should be the first priority, whats wrong with the team collecting the trophy in the middle of the pitch and then doing a lap of honour which is the norm with virtually all other ball games played on grass, supporters and team alike can still celebrate and interact together without the need for a crush at the front of the Hogan Stand.
Tradition, tradition, tradition, damn your tradition!!, do any of you actually cringe when you hear the captain of the winning team doing the usual three cheers for the vanquished? hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray........ please don't make me vomit!.

I don't believe in tinkering with playing rules just for the sake of it, but having to wait 5 years to make a rule change that needs urgent attention is just ridiculous and even then the Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptors will be out in force to circle the wagons to protect their precious TRADITION!.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Is this the same Liam O'Neill that gave us down the banks a couple of times over the last few years.

I see he is presenting the trophies this year, if there was ever a year to win it it's this year. To see his face handing over that trophy decked out in White ribbons would be worth anything.

Still he has a point on the speeches, they are from a bygone era and should be binned.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 pm

As long as he doesn't have an agenda against kildare(like some) then get him in as soon as possible and get that cooney out!!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 pm

O'Neill was one of the main men behind the experimental rules in the '09 NFL (one yellow card and you're off). That worked very well didn't it! scratch

Also what's wrong with the speech after the cup presentation? It doesn't do anyone any harm. If people want to invade the pitch, they'll invade the pitch and no Plan A, fence, or the lack of a speech will stop them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Just for the record if Kildare ever lift Sam in my lifetime, it will take a lot more than Gardai,Stewards,chicken mesh,a high fence,wall and taser guns to keep me from the pitch.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 am

same as,there will be a few spears be given out to get on the pitch!!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:41 am

I always wondered why dogs chase cars? Like wtf are the ever gonna do when they catch one? Learn to drive? I suppose it's like a lot of things instinct.
Hmm a man with an idea......... Missy_joanne-poole-431x300
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 am

No pitch invasions
No drinking out of cups
No speeches
No white jerseys

We're doomed I tells ya, DOOMED!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:03 am

Hmm a man with an idea......... Straight_jacket

You'll be asked to put one of these on soon.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:05 am

This is all part of the GAA's new "Anti-Fun-sub-co-ordination-assimilation Committee" its chaired by martin brehony, would you expect anything else?

apparently from next year the winning captain must remain seated when he is presented with the sam maguire, its apparently a health and safety issue, they feel that if the captain remains seated everybody else will remain seated also
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
This is all part of the GAA's new "Anti-Fun-sub-co-ordination-assimilation Committee" its chaired by martin brehony, would you expect anything else?

apparently from next year the winning captain must remain seated when he is presented with the sam maguire, its apparently a health and safety issue, they feel that if the captain remains seated everybody else will remain seated also

Haha..What a great Apres Match sketch that would make.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 am

Lets be honest here who wants to hear the team Captain thanking all and sundry, just lift the goddamn cup ffs, 3 cheers for the gallant losers sang with no conviction whatsoever and the gallant losers look like they'd rather punch you in the face.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 am

Don't be getting carried away with this O'Neill stuff for the following reasons ::

1.He is from Laois.Stonecold will have a heart attack Embarassed

2.He reminds me a bit of Gilmore in the Labour party.Says everything right out of power and when in power ?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:31 am

tomcruise wrote:
Don't be getting carried away with this O'Neill stuff for the following reasons ::

1.He is from Laois.Stonecold will have a heart attack Embarassed

2.He reminds me a bit of Gilmore in the Labour party.Says everything right out of power and when in power ?
shut it tom cruise
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 am

Putting Liam O'Neill in charge would be the equivilant for Kildare of putting your wedding tackle in a Lions mouth and flicking his love spuds with wet towel i.e not a good outcome.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:41 am

JME wrote:
Putting Liam O'Neill in charge would be the equivilant for Kildare of putting your wedding tackle in a Lions mouth and flicking his love spuds with wet towel i.e not a good outcome.
took the words right outta my mouth cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:45 am

So he's from Laois, if some of you were to be believed if he gets the top slot he will have the whole population of Kildare rounded up, shackled and shipped off to Madagascar.
The man at the top has no real power such is the antiquated structure of the GAA, nothing is ratified unless the reformers and the dinosaurs get to vote on it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 am

They wouldn't spend the money to ship us there, we'll all be in deepest darkest Leitrim.

don't take everyhting serious KC, you remind me of Lilymarie from the old forum, she'd fight with her own shadow if she had too.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:03 am

JME I thought there was a little humour in my post? maybe my sense of humour is just too dark?,
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 am

I get the examiner every day and was glancing over it on the way into work this morning. I saw thisarticle and said to myself 'interesting' but then I saw HIS mush half way down the article. This man makes me dry reach every time I see him. He looks like a kick in the boll1x.

I sincerely hope this fella doesn't become GAA president. He has written a few choice words about us previously and I don't like him. If you're reading Herr O'Neill - go to f&*k.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:12 am

to many gobshities up there in croke park with notting to do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm a man with an idea.........   Hmm a man with an idea......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmm a man with an idea.........
Page 1 of 1