Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Micko....laois...Ah stop

Go down 
+14
peile
bob12
stanley
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
kildarecat
kickingking
whitetop
Stonecold
Crossie
Sam1928
walsheman
Rex
kartman
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Micko....laois...Ah stop Empty
PostSubject: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:13 am

Did i just hear correctly that micko is linked with the laois job?

When asked if true,he refused to comment...usually a sign its true.He must be getting some money for that.

On 2fm news at 2 o clock.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:27 am

How the hell would he go back there after they way they treated him, some of the players that didn't want to do it his way are still there.

C'mon Micko have a word with yourself.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 am

not a chance in hell,i think he cud take the mayo job myself
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:56 am

Cant see that happening. Micko is very bitter about his time there and the way it ended. He came back to us because he knew we were peaking in 97 and 98. Cant say the same about Laois. Some of their better footballers have faded away or are off trying to form the new Oasis or something.
Back to top Go down
Crossie
Junior C
Junior C
Crossie

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:01 am

Wouldnt rule it out, Dick Miller is still very respected there and he is pushing hard to get him back.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:45 am

parkinson defo is trying to form th new oasis,is more a freddie mercury though
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 am

Wtf are we even entertaining them on this forum. In my humble opinion people who mention anything to do with that bunch of muppets from our neighbouring county starting with L should be banned.
Back to top Go down
whitetop
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 am

Micko + dublin = All irelands!!
theres a media storm if ever i seen one, and a great way to bow out.....the old foe!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 am

whitetop wrote:
theres a media storm if ever i seen one, and a great way to bow out.....the old foe!

Maybe 5 to 10 years ago. Surely Micko is too old now for that pressure cooker of a job but strangely it could have worked for our jackeen friends.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 am

Stonecold wrote:
Wtf are we even entertaining them on this forum. In my humble opinion people who mention anything to do with that bunch of muppets from our neighbouring county starting with L should be banned.

SC think of the blood pressure.

Sure why not talk about them in the right context. I'm not a fan of keeping up to speed with everything they do but if they are in the news what's the harm.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer and any way poor old Sam has to live among them while staying incognitio.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:04 am

No, they should be annexed or turn the county into a lake. Who wants to be paying for water in 5 years? Turn it into a lake and we're all laughing, hell u can even call it the Stonecold Dam or Sam1928 Dam in memory of the fallen martyrs............ gimme a hell yea!!!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:09 am

Is it 1st April already??
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 am

Stonecold wrote:
No, they should be annexed or turn the county into a lake. Who wants to be paying for water in 5 years? Turn it into a lake and we're all laughing, hell u can even call it the Stonecold Dam or Sam1928 Dam in memory of the fallen martyrs............ gimme a hell yea!!!!

Time to buy a houseboat or barge. Anybody from Robertstown on the forum?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:53 am

Sam1928 wrote:
whitetop wrote:

Maybe 5 to 10 years ago. Surely Micko is too old now for that pressure cooker of a job but strangely it could have worked for our jackeen friends.

Pressure Cooker Micko ?? Sam no pressure for this man his record speaks for itself, if he fails he wins, has become an untouchable in Gaelic football terms, if the cheque was big enough he'd even be willing to try his hand at ressurrecting the now extinct Kilkenny football team!.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:08 am

the money must be good for micko to back to laois
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 am

There's more chance of Colm Parkinson landing on the moon than Micko going back to Laois. In his book he comes across as very sour at how he was treated there.

If it is Mickey Ned's last year with Limerick then I reckon It is likely Micko will throw in his lot with the Treaty. Short enough commute from Waterville and JP's involvement there might be another incentive.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Interesting how mention of money with Micko didn't spark any of the outrage that it did when mentioned with Glenn! From what I read, all that's happened is Miller and O'Dwyer have proposed. Micko has never said he's going. I'd say he'd be holding out for Mayo myself. Imagine Mortimer doing 40 laps!
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

I was going to say that laois would be the last county Micko would consider managing after his experience there last time but thinking about, he isn't getting any younger and a long summer of matches might not be what he wants at this stage of his life, maybe he has booked a round the world cruise starting in early july next year and the Laois job would suit him fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Ogie wrote:
Interesting how mention of money with Micko didn't spark any of the outrage that it did when mentioned with Glenn! From what I read, all that's happened is Miller and O'Dwyer have proposed. Micko has never said he's going. I'd say he'd be holding out for Mayo myself. Imagine Mortimer doing 40 laps!

That made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 am

Decided to do my Tri-monthly read of our neighbours forum and among the annual wailing and gnashing of teeth about the shite state of Laois football, some spoon has the idea that Aidan O'Rourke would leave Kildare and and take over their bag of cats.

If it wasn't so laughable it would make you think what are some of these boys are smoking.
When looking for a manager, Laois seem to just look at what worked in Kildare and then decide to copy it. Micko worked we'll get him, Geezer worked we'll get someone the same.

Anyway if O' Rourke did lose his mind and leave I'm sure taking three steps downwards would not be one of his criteria.

Although I had a good laugh I don't need to go near that place for another 12 weeks. Phew!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:07 pm

An audacious bid by Laois to lure Kerry legend Darragh O Se to the midlands has failed.

The Irish Examiner reports that O'Moore County officials had approached O Se about becoming their new football manager and had mapped out their plans to the six-time All-Ireland winning midfielder at a meeting in Limerick's Castletroy Park Hotel on Thursday night.

But O Se reportedly told Laois that he has no plans to get involved in management so soon after his retirement from inter-county football. The Gaeltacht stalwart only retired in the wake of last September's All-Ireland final win over Cork.

Meanwhile, any prospect of Mick O'Dwyer returning to the Laois hotseat also appears to be off the agenda with one source insisting that the appointment "is not happening".

The outgoing Wicklow boss was nominated for the Laois vacancy last week by former county chairman Dick Miller, who was supported by ex-football board chairman Joe O'Dwyer. But it appears their calls for a "second coming" of the Waterville maestro are not shared by the current executive.

Laois' management committee have called a special meeting for Monday night which will deal with the vacant senior football and hurling management positions in the county. With O'Dwyer and O Se seemingly out of the reckoning, former county star Pat Roe is the frontrunner to succeed Sean Dempsey. Roe has managed Carlow, Wexford and Offaly in the past and was in charge of the Laois under 21s this year.

It is believed that the committee charged with finding the new man - chairman Brian Allen, vice-chairman Gerry Kavanagh, secretary Niall Handy, treasurer Martin Byrne and football board chairman Andrew Broderick - are hoping to speak with Roe in the coming days.

Another name mentioned is outgoing Carlow boss Luke Dempsey, who has family connections with the O'Moore County.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:23 pm

loais have fail foo darragh o se as a manager now thay after seamus mcEnaney
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 pm

I heard the GAFFER is in the running
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Lads the amount of people being mentioned for the Laois job over on craptalk would make you laugh.
John O'Mahony
Colm O'Rourke
Donal Murtagh
Micko
Pete McGrath
Tommy Conroy
Tommy Conroy, Mick Lillis, Mark Kavanagh
Tommy Lyons
John Mulligan
Chris Lawn
Tom Cribben
Tommy Carr
Dessie Dolan Snr
Luke Dempsey
Cian O'Neill
Paul Grimley
Tomás O'Flatharta
Niall Tully
Jason Ryan
Mick Dempsey
Pat Roe
Johnny Irwin
Niall Moyna
Pillar Caffrey
Dara O'Sé
Larry Tompkins
Aidan O'Rourke
Seamus McEneaney

All these have been mentioned and i would be pretty confident that not one of those lads, with the exception of Roe would touch it with a barge pole.
There must still be some Head Shops open around Laois somewhere.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Michael Flately was interviewed for the job last night, he sees huge potential and reckons he can bring them to another 'stage'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micko....laois...Ah stop   Micko....laois...Ah stop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Micko....laois...Ah stop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next