Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+71
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 7:38 am

St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Csvthi10
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 am

St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Csvthj10
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:31 am

Looks good from what's currently there. No more railings too. Wonder will Joe McQuillan be happy with that.... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:53 am

Will they be burdening the clubs again to fund this like the Hawkfield levy?

No doubt a bigger club house is needed but a few extra seats will do little to improve the overall state of the place. I'd rather see a new website that's run properly and the abolition of the Hawkfield levy to ease the burden on the clubs.

There was an article online this morning on The Independent about the wealth of the Sheikh who owns Kildangan Stud and other massive amounts of land across Kildare. The man is worth €18 billion, surely they can be persuaded to part with a few shillings? I know they donate a lot to various charities in the county already. Worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 9:17 am

The plans look great but hope the burden for funding wont fall on the clubs. They are already struggling with the Hawkfield levy and club draw tickets. A lot of the smaller clubs in particular are stretched as far as they can go already.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 5:52 pm

According to Kildare Nationalist Twitter last night, as far as I recall, they said no extra cost on clubs - for Phase 1 at least.

Of course they still have to get planning etc.

I'm as good as any lad to criticise the board, but fair play, people were wondering and they were questioned when they said they had plans coming down the line and they have delivered the plans at least.

And I do think it's important - yeah, Kildare needs underage coaches but you need a HQ to be proud of, you need a county grounds, you need a place where young lads and lassies dream of playing. A place that looks worthy of the county team. It's all part of the overall - as an official fit-for-purpose website would be too!! Doesn't coach players but part of the overall.

Credit to the board - the planning is probably the hardest part now.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm not too up with these things, but would they have done some consultations with residents before even getting to this stage of planning? Or will that happen now..
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Don't see any floodlights on the drawings.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 6:49 pm

GAA 1928 was thinking the same, overall good to see and at least its something to work towards and measure against and I'm sure the GAA will come under pressure to part fund it as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Don't see any floodlights on the drawings.
find to get planning permission for lights on barracks side the local would object to it
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Agree it's a good thing to have a proper HQ and the facilities to go with it.
What's the completion timeline.
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

End of 2017 for the Club House building and potentially 2020 for the development of the new stand. New stand would bring the capacity up to 13K+. Planning is the big issue for floodlights. Dont expect to see floodlights on the horizon anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
All_right_in_white
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:08 pm

Happy to see this. The dressing 4 rooms are atrocious. You wouldnt swing a cat in them never mind having a panel of 25 to 30 lads getting togged out and treatment in them. They certainly should have been dealt with some years back in my opinion. How costly could it have been to extend them?

All in all though a positive development and something we can no longer be ashamed to bring teams to. Let hope the economy stays buoyant.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 11:01 pm

While it is all positive, without floodlights it means that we will still have to drag out to Hawkfield for games under lights while the hopefully excellent facility in Newbridge will lie idle. We would still have no potential to play Saturday night matches in the N.F.L. and probably continue to play the later rounds of our local championships in near darkness in Newbridge in October.

New dressings room, yes please, but without floodlights I won't be pushed on the rest of the development.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 12:54 am

I'll believe it when I sit in one of those seats. I seen the proposed new stadium given the same treatment. Look how that turned out.
The lack of floodlights is mad. Is there another County ground that does not have them. With lightning technology now I doubt it would intrude enough to cause any issues. You can already look down into those houses at the moment. Why not compromise. Ask the residents for permission and in return put up a privacy screen at the back of the terrace.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:14 am

Tullamore, wexford pk, drogheda, Nolan pk, aughrim, mulingar, pearse pk.. all in leinster with no proper floodlights. I'm sure others could be added.

Not sure about Dr Cullen park carlow either.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 am

Yes even temporary roll up screens
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:22 am

Yeah when you think about it there's not that many grounds lit up.......you can add Navan to that list to Seamus as there's have been decommissioned!!

Dr Cullen park turned on their lights during the summer there!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:56 am

Yeah forgot about navan.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 2:07 am

remember this bad boy in Toughers.......

St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Gaa-kildare-img4

full link to the plans here....

http://www.totarch.ie/portfolio/leisure-GAA-Stadium-Kildare.html
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 2:10 am

For the record I think the planned redevelopment of Conleths is a good thing and long overdue. Great to keep HQ in the town but like Rex said I will believe it when I see it built.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 2:12 am

Good man Sam - was trying to remember earlier what it looked like!

Were we mad or what?!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 2:18 am

Fair play to Dermot Reilly he really started the ball rolling with this and is long overdue. The county board needed a push and he did it..
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 4:13 am

steviegenius wrote:
Fair play to Dermot Reilly he really started the ball rolling with this and is long overdue. The county board needed a push and he did it..

Just a pity the clubs didn't have the balls to actually elect him to oversee his plans. It still wrangles with me.

From what I heard when the issue of flood lights came up a while ago, it wasn't the actually lights that was the problem, it was the fact that there would be a lot of activity and noise in and around St. Conleth's once the sun went down.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 5:48 am

Decent, a step in the right direction and so on. Just hope we don't make the same mistake as every other county ground project in the history of modern GAA. It's a fine, basic stand, all that is needed for now with bigger issues, but it shouldn't be expensive as it's simple. Cost county boards pay for a stand, is the cost soccer clubs across the water pay for all-seater stadia!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next