Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National League Division 2

Go down 
+42
hawker
Highball
white boy
Taibi
Flamingo
smokey
steviegenius
moatesports
micky murphy
Gaa1928
jimmers
Hated in the Nation
kickingking
abl
Big Full Back
Dinny Breen
Shergar
shoutitout
rob11
murof
White Bridge
lilysavage
if_in_doubt
SeamusMurphy
parcel
Botch
Westside
midfieldmaestro
jim
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
flourman
Kildare98
Xavi
Rex
lilywhites on tour
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
white boy
Senior
Senior

National League Division 2  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 am

Lads if you want a laugh go on to try Meath fans foram . Read the build up to the game v Kildare they were very confident to win the game by 5 or 6 points Nobody posted after the match until this morning and then the flood gate opened . The reckon the made kildare look like all Ireland contenders . Could not believe how the were taken apart by kildare Bernie Flynn spoke very well about kildare on game on tonight on radio 2 fm
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:58 am

I was on here baffled by why people were so upset about and O'Byrne Cup game and I think some people have gone too far the other way now.
Great win but it's the first week of February, would rather be going well after the three-week break than before it, because that's when the season takes shape.
Look when you field 12 players under the age of 25, you're going to get wild swings in performance levels, that's just the way young players are when they are finding their feet at the top level. I hope everyone remembers that when another bad performance comes and they think twice about dashing on here in a temper and talking about how it was the worst Kildare performance they've ever seen (these people never seem to realise that they post that three times a year).
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:55 am

Is Sean Hurley available for selection?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Think he's closing in on return to full fitness. Himself and Chris Healy
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 12:52 am

its great to see a young kildare squad giving meath a right good lash with more young lads to come in it could be time to give them a while to bed in, its serious support from the county thats required now get behind them and help them on the way
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 1:04 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Think he's closing in on return to full fitness. Himself and Chris Healy
Chris Healy played for IT Carlow last week
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 3:06 am

Ohtoohtobe, I could not agree more with your post. How good/bad we are is probably some where in the middle between the Dublin and Meath game. I said before the game that when you have Flynn running out from FF it will leave space, didn't for on minute think we would get a goal from it inside 14 seconds thou.
This team is young and has got potential. Eoin Doyle is really looking like a captain/leader and that is something we have not had since Johnny retired. N Kelly pulled the strings in his first league game against Donegal some years ago playing at 11. Since then it is probably fair to say he has not being as good/consistence. Him along with a number of others now need to push on and show their full worth.

When Geezer took over I hoped that he would make us a team that consistently beat the teams that are below us, be equal to those around us and give the big boys a run for their money. In the main he done that. I now hope the same under O' Neill.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 3:07 am

I see Cormac "Bernards bud" Reilly is the ref for Sunday. Not a good start.
Probably the worst ref in the country added to the need to be center of attention might get a few lads blood pumping.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 4:39 am

Well done to the lads and it seemed there was much more urgency in that performance. Let Niall Kelly float and pull the strings with the younger lads inside showing well.
The FF line are v much newbies so those kind of wins are a huge boost. The panel don't give a flyin' fuck what is said on these forums but there is a gloomy mood in recent years around the county which must feed info them. They need wins on the board to believe in themselves.
If confidence flows then this young team can produce and I'd really hope for a gritty, messy win at some stage this campaign to further show another side of what they can do.
Like this forum when things are going well they are great but when things go bad they are horrid. A little bit of middle ground and consistency to stay in Div 2 would be a solid start to the year.

Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 10:32 am

Right so that’s Meath out of the way… Looking ahead to the Cork game I feel this will be a good test of where we are at. They are in a bit of a slump themselves and from looking at the team they had out against Galway last weekend there is nothing for us to fear. Colm O Neill came off the bench to kick five points I believe and he will likely start. Im not too sure who is the best man to pick him up but I’d probably start O Grady on him and see how it pans out. One area in which I believe they are strong is at midfield. Ruari Deane and Aidan Walsh are as a good a midfield combination as any in the country. Some on here may remember Deane from the 2013 All Ireland junior final where Cork beat us down in Limerick. He was immense that day. I cant see us winning as much clean ball around the middle as last weekend so breaking ball will be crucial. If we are beaten this weekend I wouldn’t be too upset so long as we put in a good performance similar to that last weekend. If we can do that every week for the rest of the league we should comfortably survive. Something which I don’t think has gotten enough attention on this forum is the fact that we are yet to concede a goal in our 6 games this season. That’s a pretty remarkable feat considering how porous we have been over the last number of years. Anyway as for a prediction, I think it will be a tight game. Cork have more experience and perhaps greater firepower coming off the bench however I will go for Kildare win by 2.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 10:44 pm

We may not have conceded a goal yet but our goalie has made a lot of very good saves. Watched the highlights of the Meath game and it was noticable how easy O'Sullivan ran through on goal. We are still very porous and that will undo a lot of the good work which is being done out the field. If we could improve that aspect of our play it would make us a difficult team to beat as we look to have a good range of scorers to run up a winning total. Next day will reveal a lot.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Said it before the game that a Meath insider tole me they had their worst panel in years. I expected Kildare to win but I must say was shocked by the margin. Great to get a win away from home in the first game. Always hard to win in Navan no matter what so well done to the team and management.

Cork had a good result in Galway imo. And will be a stiff test in Newbridge. We will struggle to get anything from this game but the win will give us confidence. Cork will be out to get us big time after the result in semple. They will not forget that.

I hop we put in a good performance but fancy Cork to win it I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 12:32 am

You did indeed botch. And looking back at the ob cup results, louth beat meath in navan by 7 and they then lost out to the Dublin ob cup team by 6 in drogheda.. although I am aware one cannot compare ob cup matches to league matches.. Cork will be a bigger test and I hope recent poor performances in conleths improve.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:06 am

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:01 am

Few Kildare boys were in action for IT Carlow against UCC in the Sigerson, they lost by a point after extra-time, Luke Flynn sent off, Chris Healy scored four points, two of them frees.

1. Robert Samson (St Joseph’s, Louth)
2. James Mitchell (Mohill, Leitrim)
3. Thomas O’Connell (Rathangan, Kildare)
28. Ross Ryan (Meath)
5. Eoin Buggie (Stradbally, Laois)
6. Caolan Ward (St Eunan’s Donegal)
7. Niall Kane (Simonstown Gaels, Meath)
8. Shane Maughan (Ellistown, Kildare)
9. Mark Russell (Lattin-Cullen, Tipperary)
10. Ronan Ryan (Summerhill, Meath)
11. Anthony Dever (Lahardane, Mayo)
12. William Young (Clonaslee, Laois)
13. Kevin Ryan (Summerhill, Meath)
14. Luke Flynn (Johnstownbridge, Kildare)
15. Chris Healy (Two Mile House, Kildare)
Subs:
30. Michael Hurley (Cork) for Mark Russell, 25 mins
17. Daniel O’Sullivan (Kildare) for James Mitchell, 50 mins
9. Mark Russell (Carlow IT restored to 15 men for ET), 60 mins
27. Ray Cahill (Kildare) for Mark Russell, 75 mins
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:40 am

Ray cahill only on in 75 minute ?.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 pm

we need a good full back imo. Is the rathangan lad good? Does he have presence. ie a bit of bulk to go with general good marking ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Botch wrote:
we need a good full back imo. Is the rathangan lad good?  Does he have presence.  ie a bit of bulk to go with general good marking ?

He's more a corner back.. and probably won't even play fb for rathangan.

Any update on Paul mescal.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 10:03 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Botch wrote:
we need a good full back imo. Is the rathangan lad good?  Does he have presence.  ie a bit of bulk to go with general good marking ?

He's more a corner back.. and probably won't even play fb for rathangan.

Any update on Paul mescal.

Fair enough. Just hoping we can develop an good physical full back.
Eoin Doyle looks like he is improving at centre back.
Midfield hopefully will improve.
Kelly is playing well at centre forward and time will tell about Flynn at full forward.

I would just like us to have a good solid spine Smile
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Would be great to have Mescal involved. Serious defender
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 10:40 pm

bigball wrote:
Would be great to have Mescal involved. Serious defender
he underage for u21 team this year
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Mescal won't be involved with any county team this year. I believe his studies are his priority at the moment and won't allow him the time to commit.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 am

DCU beaten after extra time by St Mary’s yesterday, Feely was down as starting centreback but no idea if he actually played there. Least that’s another one freed up for the rest of the league.

I know people will complain about the colleges playing in the preseason tournaments and the timing of the Sigerson isn’t always ideal but at least teams like NUI Maynooth and Carlow IT are allowing a few players get a bit more game time behind them. With the likes of Hyland, Cribbin and Flynn playing for Maynooth it allowed O’Neill give a few lads a run they mightn’t have got in the O’Byrne Cup. With Maynooth going out early it frees them up for the league anyways.

Big difference between this year and previous years could end up being the likes of Paul Cribbin, Niall Kelly and Dan Flynn coming into the league with an injury free preseason behind them and and a bit more game time then they might normally have had.

If we go into the Cork game with the same approach as we did in Navan I’ll be happy, you’d imagine they’ll be setup better than Meath were but if we have the same gameplan and try the same things again then it’ll be another step forward.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 4:18 am

if_in_doubt wrote:
DCU beaten after extra time by St Mary’s yesterday, Feely was down as starting centreback but no idea if he actually played there. Least that’s another one freed up for the rest of the league.

I know people will complain about the colleges playing in the preseason tournaments and the timing of the Sigerson isn’t always ideal but at least teams like NUI Maynooth and Carlow IT are allowing a few players get a bit more game time behind them. With the likes of Hyland, Cribbin and Flynn playing for Maynooth it allowed O’Neill give a few lads a run they mightn’t have got in the O’Byrne Cup. With Maynooth going out early it frees them up for the league anyways.

Big difference between this year and previous years could end up being the likes of Paul Cribbin, Niall Kelly and Dan Flynn coming into the league with an injury free preseason behind them and and a bit more game time then they might normally have had.

If we go into the Cork game with the same approach as we did in Navan I’ll be happy, you’d imagine they’ll be setup better than Meath were but if we have the same gameplan and try the same things again then it’ll be another step forward.
feely played full back for Dcu . Segerion cup competition all over next Saturday 18 February their no league matches that weekend
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 8:41 am

Team for Sunday

Kildare v Cork
MDonnellan MOGrady DHyland OLyons JByrne EDoyle KCribbin KFeely TMoolick FConway NKelly PCribbin NFlynn DFlynn B MC Cormack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National League Division 2
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next