Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

six nations

Go down 
+5
gremlin
wingback
Rex
Ogie
centreback
9 posters
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

six nations Empty
PostSubject: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

will ireland successfully defend there crown? i think england could be big opposition this year. johnny sexton going to be some addition though a real match winner
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:41 pm

you think Johnny will get the nod? I think I'd go with him alright but it's great to have the two. I think Ireland are the best team and can win the championship. The Slam will be tough having to go to Paris with the French toning down on the experimentation. But we have the artillery, if the older brigade can hang tough for another year.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 am

Team for Saturday

Ireland: R Kearney, T Bowe, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, A Trimble, R O'Gara, T O'Leary; C Healy, J Flannery, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, P'Connell, K McLaughlin, D Wallace, J Heaslip.
Replacements: R Best, T Court, L Cullen, S O'Brien, E Reddan, P Wallace, K Earls.

Sexton out with a dead leg in training, and no Ferris which is the bigger blow.

We have a good chance of another Championship but the Slam maybe beyond us. The French game is the key.
On their day the French are unbeatable but to often lately the have been poor.

They don't have a fly half as good as the Irish and Lievremont tends to be a bit ropey when making decisions.

The Welsh are the other team that can win the Championship. A team full of class players who if they get their heads right are as good as anybody.

England are all huff and puff. Crash ball up the middle all day unless Johnson changes his mindset radically from the Autumn Internationals.
Wilkinson back will be a help but even he won't get them going.
Borthwick as captain says it all.

Scotland are still struggling to get back to the level they once were. The two Evans, Ford and Hines are the only players to worry the other teams unfortunately that is not enough.

Ireland to win the Championship and the triple Crown but lose in Paris
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:52 am

The key to our success is the scrum and the lineout, we have to be able to get good ball away and not always on the back foot. The lineout has always been our traditional strong point but recently the scrum has been very poor and other teams target us as a weakness.
And if you ask me the problem is tighthead, John Hayes yes he is a hero and has been inexpendable to Ireland in recent years, but at his age now he cannot last the full 80 minutes and we simply do not have a good option to bring on.

Tom Court yes is the back up at the moment and this brings me on to another topic altogether, foreign players being drafted in for this position. Tom Court plays at Loose head for Ulster because BJ Botha plays tighthead for them...Leinster, the two tight heads props are Van De Linde and Stanley Wright. Until the IRFU get their finger out and and give Irish players some game time for their provinces in these crucial positions we will have to rely on John Hayes
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 am

great games from heaslip wallace and o driscill worrying to see england do so well against wales
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Wales lost two of the Lions front row in the days leading up to the game and that was crucial as it was up front England won the game.

I wouldn't be too worried about us, we were rusty but had the game won. I'm hoping that it was also a case of keeping the powder dry. We have to be a little bit more ambitious and I think we will be next week. I hope so anyway
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 am

what you think of trimble ogie? good to see him back
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am

I rate him, although Earls is a more exciting runner. I'd have thought Trimble might have been sounder defensively but I just have the feeling that the shackles might come off for Ireland 2moro
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Got a bit of a hiding yesterday. Hope they can bounce back for the England one.
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 pm

england look very ordinary.what was flannery at,should have got a yellow at least
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:37 am

flannery will be in trouble for that,ireland to win the triple crown,england are no good,lucky against italy
Back to top Go down
Kahlers
Junior C
Junior C

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am

we hardly shone against italy either, how does paddy wallace get a game for ireland??? hopeless..
Back to top Go down
lilywhite09
Junior C
Junior C

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 am

flannery is banned Any one know for how long?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 am

six weeks..

Ireland's play improved considerably against Italy when Wallace came in at 10. He's a fine play-making inside centre, great hands, he is, however a bit light. And you could say nothing about him on the time he had against a rampant French team

Will Reddan and Sexton get the nod against England? Like anything, you need your pack to be on top if your half backs and outside backs are to prosper
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:33 am

I fear for the lineout without Flannery. But no complaints about the 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
lilywhite09
Junior C
Junior C

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:03 am

In Fairness now i thought flan the man deserved it! it was some kick!

T'was a pity it wasnt Thierry Henry that got the boot !!!!

Best should do okay though i hope! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:57 am

up she flew. our dog has her.ireland will win triple crown at ease
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Nothing easy about that, but all the sweeter for it. Hope BOD will be ok for the Welsh game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 am

He's grand, he was out on the pitch after the game. It was just precautionary. He puts himself in harms way all the time, so it's some bad luck that it was big Paulie's knee that did for him
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:30 am

good to see keith earls playing well and tommy bowe getting back to his best, o`leary wasn`t great will eoin readin get a shot here?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 am

Jaysus I wouldn't think Reddan would have a prayer now... Mossie was so physical, his delivery was quicker than against France (not hard admittedly), and his pace is serious; seen when setting up Bowe's try, and the amount of times he covered back.I thought he did well to be honest. Reddan's a good player too but i think he'll have to bide his time now.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 am

I Think he should stick with Thomas he showed a great improvement on the French match. Hope Bowe and Earls get plenty of ball.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:57 am

Great win on Saturday, great display from Earls and O'Leary. Hoping for something really special for the last one in Croker.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 am

Monday now and I still cant believe they didn't beat Scotland. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 am

I was at it; they showed Scotland no respect and paid the penalty. A valuable lesson. I'd say they're more pissed at that and losing the game than losing the Triple Crown. No atmosphere at the game. It was brutal to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

six nations Empty
PostSubject: Re: six nations   six nations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

six nations
Page 1 of 1