Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurling ! Whats the point?

Go down 
+3
micky murphy
kildaregaa365
Kildaremad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

Hurling ! Whats the point? Empty
PostSubject: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 8:42 pm

I love the game of hurling but I think in kildare it's a waste of time and money . Hurlers went to London at the weekend and get their arses handed to them by London.  The amount of money spent on hurling in this county is ridiculous . Every fundraiser by kildare county board 50% is wasted straight away as it goes to hurling. It's a drain on the coffers and only played by such small numbers it's not worth the investment. I say we should scrap the senior team and focus on football. Killkenny do it for hurling.  I've no issues  with hurling being played in kildare but the county board should cut them loose . Let every fundraising event and sponsorship be clearly a football or hurling event and let hurling stand on its own two feet . If the people of kildare get behind it great but I'd rather my donations go towards the development of football only .
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:42 am

Footballers got the same treatment today. Give up on that too?
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:50 am

Footballers lost to the 2nd best team in the country in division 1. If we lost to london I would throw my hat at it alright.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 4:02 am

Footballers have lost to a variety of teams in a nine game losing streak. I wish I could give up on it
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 am

Not a massive hurling fan but it needs to be kept in Kildare looks like a lot of work going into the underage and this team will have relative success.
I think the question should be why are Kilkenny and the county board officers that are appointed to promote all gaelic games allowed to let this to happen......
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 am

If you are under the illusion that 50% of the money spent on gaelic games is spent on Hurling in the county then there is no point in discussing any further. You are obviously deluded.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 1:44 am

If ever there was an inappropriate user name, "kildaremad" you are the runaway winner.

You have no interest in Kildare if that is your opinion, you might like to support the Kildare senior football team but you are no supporter of Kildare.

Secondly, your knowledge of the levels of funding that goes to the Kildare hurlers is devoid of insight or intelligence. Stick to your bar stool the next time you have an idea.

Just for context, wander down to your local club (if you can find it) any evening this week or at any stage over the next few weeks and tell the kids and trainers that are devoting their time that you think hurling is a waste of time, effort and money. Something tells me your bravery doesn’t stray too far from you keyboard.

Not to put too fine a point on it….you, my dear man / woman, are an idiot!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Hurling ! Whats the point? 493
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 8:27 pm

There is no hurling in my club. Get your facts right, hurling is only played in the north of the county.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Kildaremad wrote:
There is no hurling in my club. Get your facts right, hurling is only played in the north of the county.

I assume your club is winning championships all round them so?

Two seasons ago, the hurlers were a game away from Div 1.B while the footballers were in Div3 if I recall correctly. The hurlers were on an upward curve for a while.

It is not funding that is resulting in the underperfomance of the Senior Footballers. Unless they can't afford to get a coach in to teach the players some basic shooting and tackling drills. Rally though, it should be ownership at this stage in most of those players careers i.e. I'm really bad at tackling and I'm a back, how do I get better? I'm really bad at shooting and I'm a forward. How do I get better?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Kildaremad wrote:

Ros Glas, St. Laurances, Moorefield, Sarsfields and Castledermot are all clubs I have personally played against in the last 12 months in adult competitions.

Nearly every other club has underage hurling and camogie teams and academys. Nurney, Round Towers, Rathangan, Milltown, Athy, Two Mile House are just some other clubs that I know have underage teams.

Despite a very limited handle on geography, I do not believe any of those clubs could be considered as North Kildare...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurling ! Whats the point?   Hurling ! Whats the point? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurling ! Whats the point?
Page 1 of 1