Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New U20 manager needed

Go down 
+18
Highball
Flamingo
Snowwhite
kelf
Ogie
sarsno1
micky murphy
Taibi
lily4fr
murof
Rex
OutTheGap
SeamusMurphy
Kildaremad
Big Full Back
jim
Gaa1928
Curraghplains
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

New U20 manager needed Empty
PostSubject: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Davy Burke has stepped down as Kildare u20 Manager. Has taken up role with Maynooth University with Johnny Doyle
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 pm

Is that a busy role, heard him mentioned for a club team, could he do both ??
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 pm

That's very disappointed
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Is that a busy role, heard him mentioned for a club team, could he do both ??

Absolutely. Sigerson Cup Final is in February so to be going that well the season ends in plenty of time for him to take up a club role. And for the first few months a club will be doing the slogging work anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:44 pm

Hard to know what's going on here. By reading the artical on the Hoganstand he was unhappy with how he was treated by the executive of kildare gaa.
It looks to me that the people running kildare gaa don't know their arse from their elbow.
They are advertising now for a minor manager, that should of been sorted before now and behind the scenes and now they need a 20s manager.
Obviously the people at the top are hard to work with and or completely out of their depth.
New blood needed at board level?
Chairman and vice chairman should of been replaced a few years back when the lad from Carbury went up against them. Changes needed at bord na og level too. From what I hear it's rotten.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:44 am

What a pity not to see Davy involved with the Senior side.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 1:00 am

From the Hoganstand:
But in the wake of talks with Kildare Board officials over the last few weeks, and an additional meeting with Board chairman Ger Donnelly on Sunday last, the Confey clubman has decided to tender his resignation from the under-20 post.

"Basically my decision boiled down to me wanting to push on and progress, and I felt that opportunity was not available within Kildare at the moment”, explained Burke, who underlined his commitment to the team boss role when, after getting married last May, postponing his honeymoon until after the All-Ireland final.

“I would see himself as very progressive and innovative with regard to the way I’d go about managing a football team but the Kildare Board and myself did not eye to eye in that regard.

“Even though we won the All-Ireland, there were a number of aspects relating to the team this year that I wasn’t happy with.

“This is something that you could tolerate for one year but definitely not for a second year,” added Burke

What a pity that a Kildare man who has brought us our first All-Ireland in 53 years and wants to stay on for another year can't be supported. A terrible indictment of the County Board...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 5:58 am

Staggering that our first All Ireland winning manager in my lifetime has walked away. It is a huge indictment of the current set up and those trusted to have the best interests of Kildare GAA at heart. A truly sad day and one I fear we will regret massively.

I think serious questions need to be asked of those in charge unfortunately not for the first time.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:14 am

Should we be surprised? We never seem to learn from our failures so we are likely to learn from a success are we?
I was always impressed with Davy's interviews and the attitude of the teams he sent out. Terrible to let a man like that walk away. You would think we were Kerry with AI winning managers around every corner!
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:15 am

Did davy get the sarsfields job? Kildare CB or chairman dont come out of that interview too well
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:25 am

I think he should keep his mouth closed unless he wants to actually reveal what his problems with the CB are. A lot of people are slamming the CB without knowing the facts. I've not much time for our current crew but lets wait for all the facts to come out.

Very clever ploy from Burke, arrogant some might say.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 11:30 am

Kerry promote Peter Keane from Minor winning AI Manager to their Senior Manager.. we bring in a former failed merry go round Manager into the set up for the love of.
Is there no one to cop on ffs.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 7:45 pm

I agree with Taibi here, one swallow doesn't make a summer for a young manager he still has a lot to learn and talking out like this against County Board no matter what you think is not good as the next people you talk to will think they could be next, if he is going to come out with actual facts instead of this fluffy stuff I would respect him a lot more..........
And all we are doing here is speculating........
To be fair from talking to some lads within that u'20 setup they were well looked after this year...
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 7:57 pm

The only fact that matters to me is the Davy Burke delivered the only All Ireland in 53 years has walked away.

The U20s were well looked after because Davy and his management team fund raised themselves.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 pm

well said Seamus.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 9:47 pm

jim wrote:
The only fact that matters to me is the Davy Burke delivered the only All Ireland in 53 years has walked away.

The U20s were well looked after because Davy and his management team fund raised themselves.

That's a fact Jim.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 1:45 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Kerry promote Peter Keane from Minor winning AI Manager to their Senior Manager.. we bring in a former failed merry go round Manager into the set up for the love of.
Is there no one to cop on ffs.

Are you suggesting Seamus, that Davy wanted to be a selector with the Kildare seniors?? Was that what he was referring to when he talked about wanting to "push on and progress" his career do you think? He wasn't very clear on that, what it was he wanted.

Would you say Westmeath failed under Tom Cribbin? Compared to what happened before and after him say? What should he have managed with Westmeath? Or Offaly? What has happened in Offaly since he was there that suggests he failed in that environment?

Or is it just that he didn't win the All-Ireland with them?

Peter Keane won three All-Ireland minors in a row with Kerry, not one.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 4:31 am

every management team deserves a fair chance. I just can't see this one working out unfortunately.
There is alot of very good young coaches and potential future managers in kildare and none of them are involved for one reason or another at the moment which looks like an opportunity lost.
glen , rainbow , divilly , Davy, deccy, roli , glavin. ( I'm probably leaving out a few)
I just hope the above names are not lost to future kildare intercounty set ups.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 5:57 am

Impossible to know what is going on re this resignation.

Unless Davy clarifies his "other aspects".
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 7:38 am

sarsno1 wrote:
every management team deserves a fair chance. I just can't see this one working out unfortunately.
There is alot of very good young coaches and potential future managers in kildare  and none of them are involved for one reason or another at the moment which looks like an opportunity lost.
glen , rainbow , divilly , Davy, deccy, roli , glavin. ( I'm probably leaving out a few)
I just hope the above names are not lost to future kildare intercounty set ups.

Slightly ironic that you start off your message by saying that every management team deserves a fair chance and in the next line you state that you cant see this one working out... is that your definition of a fair chance Sarsono1....

Roli was involved in the set up, he left for his own reasons, no one can say that he didn't have a fair chance .. I wont comment on your other examples....
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 7:43 am

Can't see Davy saying much more but I'd say the the CB know the "other aspects". If I was the next manager I'd be making sure I knew what the "other aspects" were.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 7:55 am

snow white.
I'll give them every chance and would be more than happy to be proved wrong. just think it's lacking something.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 8:44 am

I've no idea what Davy wanted Ogie.. or if a Senior Selector would be progression.. it's just a pity He's not involved.

I'm well aware of Peter Keanes terrific record with Kerry Minors, and I never said He Won One AI.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 am

Ok this has got a bit more tasty it seems...
Burke wanted senior role and the talk of falling stock according to a co board meeting...

This will need a bit of clearing up. I don't see how he could expect to push out O'Neill straight away as we did do Super 8s last year.
Coming into the fold as selector would have made sense.

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am

He has quite an ego. Throwing his toys out of the pram when he was rightfully laughed at by Donnelly. The outraged brigade on Twitter crying over "letting such a great man walk away" was laughable, but not a word on tonight's news of his demands.

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New U20 manager needed   New U20 manager needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New U20 manager needed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next