Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meath v Kildare

Go down 
+31
kickingking
Curraghplains
topcat
Cilldara_2000
moatesports
lilysavage
Anyonebutthedubs
micky murphy
Snowwhite
Taibi
Rex
Ogie
murof
maccie
SeamusMurphy
Lanemusic
LillieLad
white boy
OutTheGap
Liffey Likes
jj
KILL BILL
lily4fr
intheback
TommyKeegan
if_in_doubt
jimmers
Shergar
Twentyeight
MD
Highball
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm

murof wrote:
Surely Brophy is our best option at full forward. He has twice scored goals against Dublin by winning the ball and taking on his man.
Disappointing for Ben, he has been the one bright spark this year. Hope Hyland doesn't get disillusioned with the quality of ball he is getting compared to last year.
after his two performance this year is paddy worth a place on team. On Sunday paddy brophy went for impossible goal when all had to do punch it over bar to put 6 points ahead
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
murof wrote:
Surely Brophy is our best option at full forward. He has twice scored goals against Dublin by winning the ball and taking on his man.
Disappointing for Ben, he has been the one bright spark this year. Hope Hyland doesn't get disillusioned with the quality of ball he is getting compared to last year.
after his two performance this year  is paddy worth a place on team. On Sunday paddy brophy  went for impossible goal when all had to do punch it over bar  to put 6 points ahead
His form has been very poor indeed. I just think that he is played out of position and would be more effective closer to goal. We do need to play the ball in a lot quicker and our full forward line is not overly big. Who else is suitable for that full forward position that might give us an option of moving the ball quicker?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Again don't like talking of lads that don't want to be involved but still can't see how Podge Fogarty is not good enough and was dropped off the panel.....

Most posts following the same trend here the intensity, workrate and tackling not up to it that's the 1st basic principal that needs to be implemented before you bring any science into it....

Its the 1st principal of the Dublin team and if any of them not willing to put it in they out...
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Maybe all the panel should go to the Aldridge Cup final this week and see what 'intensity' actually means, Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 1:31 am

Why not give Fionn Dowling a go at FF? He's good in the air, strong and can score too. Played in FF line at underage. Can move outfield if needed as well if struggling at midfield during a game.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 1:38 am

i said 2 years ago it was time to rip up the current script and start with a plan of giving best younger players game time not playing same team over and over again which we do . and still going nowhere get in the under 20 manager a la what kerry did and give it a serious lash to me its the only way forward give it 3 years and lets see where it takes us it cannot be any worse
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 4:05 am

here here Moate sports some merit to that worth a try........
because we just keep coming up with the same plan and outcome over the last 10 years....
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 am

Yeah, like you'd give the manager three years Shocked Rolling Eyes

Last manager did what Moate suggests was gone that season
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 7:18 am

If you are referring to McGeeney the vast majority of supporters wanted him to stay as did all the players . Unfortunately there was a well talked about agenda from certain quarters who got their way. That decision still reverberates this day.

However throwing a load on u20's in won't solve anything. There are deeper issues. Issues that don't seem to be a solution. They have all been mentioned in the last couple of pages and unfortunately have continued to be mentioned for a number of years.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:40 am

Is there a bigger load of BS than the GAA thing of sticking with the manager who’s clearly going nowhere.

You see with Solksjaer the sort of bounce you can get with interim (possibly permanent) appointment. If I was in charge of Kildare county board I’d now appoint Glen Ryan, Dermot Earley & John Doyle as interim management team with a view to Davy Burke taking over next year.

Now we have to go through the pantomime of championship campaign with O’Neill praying for another Newbridge Or Nowhere scenario to land in his lap.

Anyway seniors a busted flush this thing season and apparently we can afford to waste yet another year (!), but I’ll be out supporting underage sides this summer & hopefully we can land another title. I do believe if we keep conveyor belt going we’ll eventually get there.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:41 am

Also Micky dead right about Podge Fogarty. Also: why the HELL aren’t Jack Robinson & Brian McLoughlin in squad. Note to CON: you only get away with this stuff if you keep getting results.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:51 am

Brain McLoughlin left Panel himself to enjoy a social life rather than wear jersey

Jack Robinson in college Galway
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 10:01 am

Goes to show, if there’s a real sense of momentum, lads like that commit. There’s something not right in the camp (aside from the fact we keep losing).

Also makes you wonder about Niall Kelly & Daniel Flynn as well. Jesus Christ get that quartet on board & it’s a game-changer. We are going nowhere (not Newbridge) under this set-up. Lads are obviously sick of it, like me.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 am

Dan Flynn and Niall Kelly choose to travel themselves , Niall is due home soon . Dan does not know what he doing . Traveling is now part of young person life

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 10:25 am

It's simple. Lads do not have a life as a county footballer. They go to college for four to get a degree, drink their brains out and ride women. Sounds more appealing than rolling around in muck and being bored to death at video analysis sessions for ten months of the year when in reality they haven't a hope in hell of silverware as long as the GAA keep handing Dublin All Irelands on a plate. Those U20s have an AI medal in their back pocket, played in Croke Park numerous times and felt the elation and adoration of all that goes with winning a national title. Why would they be arsed to go at it again a few months later when they know they won't win a thing with the seniors?

Why would they commit? What's the point? Kildare are a bang average county team, lets not kid ourselves. Someone mentioned Fionn Dowling a few posts ago, how long has he been hanging around the panel, 5 or 6 years now surely? He's not a county footballer, never was and never will be. Why is he there? Is there no one else?

O'Neill is a good manager in my opinion, he just does not have the personnel there to improve things.

It's going to be a long year. Or not..
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Taibi wrote:
It's simple. Lads do not have a life as a county footballer. They go to college for four to get a degree, drink their brains out and ride women. Sounds more appealing than rolling around in muck and being bored to death at video analysis sessions for ten months of the year when in reality they haven't a hope in hell of silverware as long as the GAA keep handing Dublin All Irelands on a plate. Those U20s have an AI medal in their back pocket, played in Croke Park numerous times and felt the elation and adoration of all that goes with winning a national title. Why would they be arsed to go at it again a few months later when they know they won't win a thing with the seniors?

Why would they commit? What's the point? Kildare are a bang average county team, lets not kid ourselves. Someone mentioned Fionn Dowling a few posts ago, how long has he been hanging around the panel, 5 or 6 years now surely? He's not a county footballer, never was and never will be. Why is he there? Is there no one else?

O'Neill is a good manager in my opinion, he just does not have the personnel there to improve things.

It's going to be a long year. Or not..

Completely agree Taibi, and I am not sure that there is anyone out there willing and able to change things for the moment. I don't agree with calling for the managers head like this, are the players going to take responsibility at any stage? What happened last Sunday was down to the players in my opinion and their lack of discipline at stages was questionable. I will not name any particular player as that is not fair and these lads are giving a hell of a lot to Kildare even if they are not winning......
As a Moorefield supporter, I may be accused of being bias (unlike other Moorefield people on this forum who have no issue putting the boot in) however that´s my opinion and I am as entitled as anyone else....
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Taibi - although true think you having a bad day and need a hug!!!!!!

The same is true for 95% of players for club and county at each level from underage but as you have done and will keep on doing we will all chase the dream........

Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Yes Brian walked off the panel and Jack has no interest in playing county. Nothing to do with CON. County is 10 months of the year now and is a huge commitment. College and social life is far more for appealing for some and you cant argue with that. Its not just Kildare its all counties only some can replace missing players alot easier. 5 or 6 of the tipp football team are taking time out at the moment but will be back for championship. It will probably mean they will be relegated but it was an agreement they reached with management and it was either that or loose them for the year. Jack McCaffery took a year out. Rory O Carroll also and ended up never coming back. Diarmuid Connolly aswell for whatever reason. I also think its not all CON fault the players are not just there. Winning an u20 is one thing but you would need to get to that stage 3 or 4 years in a row to get quality crop from it. Previously history has shown that only 2 or 3 make the step up in most of the Div 1 counties.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Goes to show, if there’s a real sense of momentum, lads like that commit. There’s something not right in the camp (aside from the fact we keep losing).

Also makes you wonder about Niall Kelly & Daniel Flynn as well. Jesus Christ get that quartet on board & it’s a game-changer. We are going nowhere (not Newbridge) under this set-up. Lads are obviously sick of it, like me.

I don't see the logic in your post, HF. If the players are there and don't perform, you blame the manager.
If other players opt not to play, for whatever reason, you assume - without a shred of evidence -  that it's the manager's fault.
It always seems to be the manager's fault in Kildare - surely the players have some responsibility?
With all due respect, there's an element of if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle about the post Razz
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 7:17 am

Not sure what metric other people are using, I’m going by results & league table.

As I said earlier, Monaghan have far less resources than us & are a consistent Div 1 team, which Kildare always should be. Fermanagh - with 250 players to pick from - are doing better.

We are some county for making excuses. But we’ll have plenty of time to debate these issues this year because there isn’t going to much on-field entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 am

And Cork are shite despite more resources, more clubs and more players.

We're some county for thinking way beyond our station. EG the comparisons many make between us and Mayo which you yourself referred to earlier in the thread putting us in the same "god help us" bracket. The simple fact is that Kildare football in the last 70 years wouldn't be fit to lace Mayo's boots. Mayo have way more provincial titles, final appearances, national league titles, years in division one, under 21 titles and minor titles.

The only times in the last 80 years that Kildare have been legitimate contenders were when we had a real managerial legend running the show (who btw we didn't exactly try our best to hang onto) and in 2009 and 2010 when football was at an all time low of bulked up michelin men.

Having said that, we can't change the players we have available but we can change the manager. It's a no brainer for me. You have to keep trying new lads and hope that we'll eventually happen on someone who can get through to these guys.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 8:17 am

Actually, would you believe Cork - god help them! - are currently taking us as a model!

We beat Mayo last summer, you might have heard about it.

Waffle on this thread is unreal!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 8:24 am

One win. So what? Does it justify the exaggerated sense of our place in the football picking order?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 8:48 am

So what... Hmm. Think the reaction amongst Kildare fans to that win was a bit more than “so-what”!

Our U20s did also beat them to win All Ireland last year... Presumably that doesn’t count either...

I honestly think the counter-arguments on this thread are proving my point for me!

To paraphrase Bart Simpson, we’re underachievers & proud of it!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 8:55 am

Well it's hard to counterargue against Bart Simpson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meath v Kildare   Meath v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meath v Kildare
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next