Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sunday Game

Go down 
+6
TommyKeegan
Shay tompkins
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
micky murphy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 12:31 am

Spoke with someone in the Sunday Game office on Monday and sent this letter today re the programme's coverage last weekend:

I'm an avid GAA fan and an avid watcher of The Sunday Game and I'm fully aware that no one can please all of the people all of the time but I do have some observations about last Sunday's edition (May 26th).

You covered four Leinster quarter-finals in football. The entire package on the Laois/Westmeath match was 2 mins 44 secs. The Kildare/Longford package was 3 mins 40 secs. The Carlow/Meath package was 4 mins 53 secs and the Dublin/Louth package was 7 mins 6 secs.

Quite a disparity and, given that Dublin will progress through to late summer while most, if not all, of the other teams in Leinster will have one or two more outings maximum, would it not be worthwhile giving the weight of time to those teams before they disappear from the championship?

And, please, don't fob me off with the notion that because the first two matches mentioned were on Sunday you had a shortage of editing time!

Part of the Dublin/Louth package was a piece on Dublin fans travelling to Portlaoise - less than an hour down the road - as if it were a trip to Antarctica. What about the fans who travel throughout the summer to Croke Park for Dublin's plethora of (effectively) home games?

Did someone genuinely believe this trip was worth a package on The Sunday Game - come on, get a life!

My second point concerns the panel composition - a Dublin presenter; a former Dublin footballer and a staunch apologist for Dublin football (listen back to Joe Brolly) - you can do better than that!

Finally, when half the country - maybe 80% of the country - is talking about the financial and population imbalance that has destroyed the Leinster football championship, it goes without any serious debate or analysis on The Sunday Game.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 12:44 am

Fair play to you – all good points.

There needs to be a serious debate on Sunday Game re financial doping of Dublin – a subject which is currently highly contentious in soccer because of Man City.

And Dublin are the Man City of GAA, which as you say goes totally unacknowledged on The Dub-Day Game.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 12:47 am

Hopefully we get over Longford because we need to use Dublin game as an opportunity to raise these huge issues facing the association.

These questions are much more interesting and important than a meaningless game between Louth and Dublin. And why aren't they being raised by self-styled bad boy of the GAA Joe Brolly.

The whole thing is a pile of crap.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:27 am

Fair play Tom and fair dues to you - totally correct on the travelling section of it prob as if it was a trip to Antartcica - could of asked about where we the other 40,000 'true' Dublin GAA fans that slobber around and won't travel outside the county but that's why we need their games in Croke Park...….
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:03 am

100 per cent. It's the PR arm of the Dublin county board. I see Des with John Horan in Croke Park announcing a six-figure sposorship deal for a... club.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:22 am

Des do be a busy man - that's probably why he has so little to say on TSG Smile
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 5:10 am

The Football coverage in general is cat.. very few Matches are being showed live on rte.. Not sure if either of the Leinster Semis are pencilled in, unless maybe Sky have it ?.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:07 am

Side note, anyone here a club board member with a club email address. If you so you might DM me, working on a little project, you may or may not want in but let me pitch it your way.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:12 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
The Football coverage in general is cat.. very few Matches are being showed live on rte.. Not sure if either of the Leinster Semis are pencilled in, unless maybe Sky have it ?.

I think only provincial finals on TV
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 11:20 am

I like hurling.. but it's been overdosed.
Can't believe no one showing our next weekend match.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 8:46 pm

Don't worry Seamus, the overdose in football is coming and we'll actually forget hurling exists. That's why the round-robins were hastily put together because hurling folk pointed out that problem with the Super 8s. So this was the solution. More GAA reactionary bollocks, from which the club gets milled once again.

Why would you want to show Dublin in any game prior to the Super 8s in truth? Have to show the provincial final. I would understand completely why you wouldn't show Dublin-Kildare when there's do-or-die hurling championship on
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 pm

I'm away for the weekend, and can't get to Croker.. so have a bit of meitis.. it'll be kfm so.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 1:18 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I'm away for the weekend, and can't get to Croker.. so have a bit of meitis.. it'll be kfm so.

A dose but hopefully Ger can paint the pictures for you - hopefully they'll be pictures you want painted!
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 am

Financial doping is a fallacy it is an excuse used to paper over the massive cracks in Kildare GAA. (Both hurling and football). It is not how much money you get but what you do with the money that is important. Are we using our money wisely to develop games in Kildare ......?????? I feel sorry for the players who pull on the white jersey and are subjected to such humiliation. The root of the problem is with the county board and the county chairman mr Donnelly. At the end of the day he is the main man and always remains quiet after these humiliations. He is the man who put his name forward to take the position of chairman of the county board and should be held accountable for his actions. Cian o Neil is in fairness out of his depth but has always tried his best. He is mr Donnelly’s appointment. It is not the managers job that should be questioned but the person who persisted with Jason Ryan for too long and then led a flawed process to find his replacement. Mr Donnelly must go.,,, FOR THE SAKE OF THE GAA IN KILDARE.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 11:59 am

Can someone block this f**kwit. Like Man City. Can't enjoy bought successes so try stop others discussing that reality. But before you block him, he might read this while telling others how to spend the money they never got.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Tommy, you wrote a piece on the breakdown of funding per player. Any chance you could post the link? Need some ammo before work today to fire back at mouthy Dub fans.
Facts and figures trump every argument.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Shay tompkins wrote:

Financial doping is a fallacy it is an excuse used to paper over the massive cracks in Kildare GAA. (Both hurling and football). It is not how much money you get but what you do with the money that is important. Are we using our money wisely to develop games in Kildare ......?????? I feel sorry for the players who pull on the white jersey and are subjected to such humiliation. The root of the problem is with the county board and the county chairman mr Donnelly. At the end of the day he is the main man and always remains quiet after these humiliations. He is the man who put his name forward to take the position of chairman of the county board and should be held accountable for his actions. Cian o Neil is in fairness out of his depth but has always tried his best. He is mr Donnelly’s appointment. It is not the managers job that should be questioned but the person who persisted with Jason Ryan for too long and then led a flawed process to find his replacement. Mr Donnelly must go.,,, FOR THE SAKE OF THE GAA IN KILDARE.

Ah, there you are again. Johnny Come Lately. How was the Hill or did you just stay at home and troll?
Haunted Graffiti, you thought I was bad for italics etc - this chap loves the CAPITALS (including Dublin) Arrow
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Done with this show after last night too - Maybe it was the mood i was in but the bungled punditry and fawning over "the champs" is just too much.

So biased, highlights reel for Stephen Cluxton, limited chat about the game, avoiding the elephant in the room, mumbling des... The list goes on.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:11 pm

You'd think maybe the death of football would merit a few mins, but no – Cahill waffling on about Stephen Cluxton.

Amongst serious football fans, it is now a bit of a joke – RTE wasting public money yet again.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:18 am

More power to Tommy calling out Brolly & Sunday Lame on Twitter - playing a blinder... Our real MVP this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sunday Game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Game    The Sunday Game  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Game
Page 1 of 1