Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronan Sweeney

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime29/11/2019, 17:47

I believe that Ronan Sweeney 'Roli' has officially retired from playing.

His record is astonishing when you think how competitive Kildare Club football can be:

1 Leinster Senior Football Championship 2000
2 Leinster Senior Club Football Championships 20006, 2017.
9 Kildare Senior Football Championships 2000, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018
6 Senior Football Leagues: 2008, 2010, 2011,2013, 2015, 2017.
Kildare U-21 Football Championship Winner 2000
Kildare Minor Football Championship Winner 1997

A legend, a leader on the field but a very decent person off the field who always had time to talk to all.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime7/12/2019, 06:02

You posted this on the 29th of November, 8 days later not one reply to your post, now if this post was about a former Kildare stalwart from a North Kildare club no doubt there would be umpteen memorial replies to the thread, do you need anymore hints that this forum is anti Newbridge full stop!!!, not one person could be bothered to reply because the simple fact is Roli played for a Newbridge team.

The pummelling of Laois in Tullamore, if Kavanagh wasn't so hot Roli would've won man of the match hands down, Leinster final, first half against Dublin Roli was outstanding, first half against Tyrone in qualifiers Roli was simply sublime to name just a few off the top of my head.

Thanks for the memories Roli both club and county, and hopefully your brilliant career will have more success as manager!.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime7/12/2019, 09:55

#drunktext
As a kildare supporter from north Kildare, name a stalwart from this neck of the county? 😄
There hasn’t been one since Davy Dalton.
Roli retired from Kildare many many years ago. He continued a superb club career with Moorefield and will surely be remembered as a Kildare great.
I’m not sure that parades or public declarations of affection from the folk of Leixlip, Celbridge, Maynooth or Kilcock is required. Why would you be so insecure about where you’re from that you require positive re-enforcement from others? Be proud of the Newbridge clubs and their fantastic histories. And be proud of Roli.
All of us up here are! Well done Roli, thanks for the memories.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime7/12/2019, 12:19

Simple fact is he was never a Kildare great. No amount of self-promotion will change that. Great club player but not a great county player.

For me, Paudie O'Neill was a Kildare great. He left the county scene with zero fuss and the fact there was no acknowledgement from the CB was very disappointing.

Moorefield against the world.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime7/12/2019, 21:30

Badger85 wrote:
#drunktext
As a kildare supporter from north Kildare, name a stalwart from this neck of the county? 😄
There hasn’t been one since Davy Dalton.
Roli retired from Kildare many many years ago. He continued a superb club career with Moorefield and will surely be remembered as a Kildare great.
I’m not sure that parades or public declarations of affection from the folk of Leixlip, Celbridge, Maynooth or Kilcock is required. Why would you be so insecure about where you’re from that you require positive re-enforcement from others? Be proud of the Newbridge clubs and their fantastic histories. And be proud of Roli.
All of us up here are! Well done Roli, thanks for the memories.

So we're all drunk when we post early in the morning, I walk my dogs pretty much at 5.30 every morning, but funny after 8 days we suddenly get 2 replies to what otherwise would've remained a totally dormant thread, my point stands, not one of you thought to give Roli any sort of recognition because as we all know he plays with that dreaded Newbridge team!.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime9/12/2019, 13:30

In this scenario i would say if you cant say something good say nothing at all...……..

Ronan Sweeney gave everything for Kildare every time he put the jersey on may not have been blessed with the skill of others but nobody could question his commitment and to me a possible future manager....

i will give this compliment if i was going to war on the GAA pitch i would want him in my corner....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ronan Sweeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronan Sweeney   Ronan Sweeney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronan Sweeney
Page 1 of 1