Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Roscommon

Go down 
+32
kildareking
Kildare98
murof
kevhog88
moatesports
white boy
CillDara71
Curraghplains
LillieLad
OutTheGap
micky murphy
bk2
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
Fear An Geata
flourman
steviegenius
Botch
Gaa1928
Lillyforever
Taibi
Badger85
CantonasCollar
Liffey Likes
inexile
MamaBear
Shergar
golfman
jimmers
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 11:46 pm

Any chance Padraig Joyce would do a duel roll? Smile
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 pm

At the start, for the kickouts the defenders all seemed to start in the middle of the pitch and break out. Roscommon forwards stayed zonal and we didn't know what to do. Most of our kickouts after that went towards Feely who did well but if we're doing the same thing all the time it comes predictable.

One thing that stuck me last night watching RTE was when they were talking about Monaghan, Sean Kavanagh said they went outside the county to get the 3 best coaches available and they have improved significantly because of that. It doesn't look like our players are well coached and it ends up with us doing crazy things like David Hyland's sideline, Paul Cribbin's terrible pass and the poor kickouts.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 12:29 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I don't want to get over-dramatic, but when I saw a kickout being landed on top of Niall Kelly – NIALL KELLY – at a crunch moment in the second half, something inside of me died.

Must admit that's made me laugh, I remember it myself. I think the words I grunted were along the lines "smallest lad on the pitch and Donnellan is booting kickouts down on him"
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 12:33 am

steviegenius wrote:

We have better, over the Wicklow mountains
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 12:39 am

Good coaching cant do much about brainfarts. Good coaching is needed for tackling, kickout strategy, game management. Wasnt Paul Cribblin who overhit that pass off the left. To be fair, i thought our tackling was much improved yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 12:58 am

Joyce definitely has the right idea with Galway – has them playing a brilliant style. Very high octane, press like demons and play a gorgeous brand of football with silky skills and creative footpassing.

In fairness, we are trying to do something similar, we're just doing it particularly badly. Think our team wasn't far off Galway at U21 and in 2017/18, but they've now obliterated us with their progress. In fairness, their players have just turned out to be better.

They definitely have the tools to legitimately start thinking about an All Ireland... Jaysus, wouldn't you miss the days of Micko & Geezer something fierce. You can't beat the excitement of having a really serious team... Conversely when you're mediocre it just drains the life out of you.
Back to top Go down
kevhog88
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 am

Agree re Donnelan being too predictable.Time to give aaron his chance. Kildare are badly missing a 2nd midfielder and the only man for the job in my opinion is Luke Flynn. Hes a hardy bastard too which i think is something feely isnt. Feely is an excellent fielder but we need a man alongside him who will collect dirty ball and burst a man as and when its needed.

Can never understand how tyrell isn't liked on here or in general. Hes the best inside forward in the county bar none.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 1:34 am

flourman wrote:
steviegenius wrote:

We have better, over the Wicklow mountains
he lost to limerick yesterday
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 am

Older Players who currently in panel are finished there not up to current standard of inter county football
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 2:25 am

Rex wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I don't want to get over-dramatic, but when I saw a kickout being landed on top of Niall Kelly – NIALL KELLY – at a crunch moment in the second half, something inside of me died.

Must admit that's made me laugh, I remember it myself. I think the words I grunted were along the lines "smallest lad on the pitch and Donnellan is booting kickouts down on him"

The problem wasn't that the ball was kicked to Niall Kelly ... it was that it wasn't kicked soon enough. He was in an acre of space on the wing for a good 10 seconds before Donnellan decided to kick it to him. By the time it was kicked Roscommon had gotten a player close enough to be able to get across to the high hanging ball.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 am

Just to add to our woes Joe McQuillan is ref for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 7:32 am

I would agree it was an improvement...but that's not saying too much. If we do get relegated it won't be this game that we will look back on as the killer, but the Clare game. Lost by a point playing way worse than yesterday. No shortage of effort (or skill as some have suggested)......but the decision making....Jesus, just heartbreaking. The thing with Niall Kelly from a kick out happened not once, but twice !! The 2nd a carbon copy of the 1st. The first was very annoying, the 2nd nearly made me lose my mind. The Donnellan free near the end was awful too. Donnellan came out...Feely ignored him.....started sizing it up for himself...then after an age decided he would actually leave it to Donnellan....who then charged up again after having gone back towards his goal....and because of the delays rushed his set up & kicked a bad wide. If he had taken his time he would have nailed it easily like the cracking free he hit earlier from further out. Not having a go at just the 2 of them - that just summed up the poor decision making throughout the team. Huge game now v Laois. Division 3 awaits if we lose.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 7:50 am

3 points up at one stage well into the second half and we blew it, near the end as we pushed Feely forward he was getting assaulted as the referee looked on from 10 yards, he was pleading to the ref as his jersey was being almost pulled over his head, nothing done, I think our players are talented and yesterday they were better than Roscommon but there is a losers mentality there that seems incurable, and that is what Jack O'Connor is expected to fix, but does he care?,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 am

KILL BILL wrote:
3 points up at one stage well into the second half and we blew it, near the end as we pushed Feely forward he was getting assaulted as the referee looked on from 10 yards, he was pleading to the ref as his jersey was being almost pulled over his head, nothing done,   I think our players are talented and yesterday they were better than Roscommon but there is a losers mentality there that seems incurable,  and that is what Jack O'Connor is expected to fix,  but does he care?,,,,,,,
simple drop players are not doing on pitch
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 am

Saw Luke at the game. Agree he would be ideal with Feely having seen him throw lads around for JTB last year. Also agree on Tyrell, showed again yesterday what he can do and he and Daniel would be a handful for anyone.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:14 am

Which players do you drop though? I'd like to make a couple of changes too but dont think there are many better to replace them.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:18 am

lilysavage wrote:
Which players do you drop though? I'd like to make a couple of changes too but dont think there are  many better to replace them.
N Flynn for p .cribbin

Masterson was on Barrick side without protective boot
Back to top Go down
bk2
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:19 am

The most important thing is that we dig deep into our pockets so Jack can get his expense cheque.

Bet he wont be there next season.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 am

Maybe it’s the optimist in me but I think after listening to JOC interview after this game the penny has dropped for him and he now knows the task at hand, I believe/hope he will not suffer fools but has for last few games and should now realise who he can trust, I expect to see big changes this Sat night and if I don’t I will lose a lot of faith....
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:27 am

Micky do you have a link to anything I haven’t seen anything from O’Connor. Or maybe just sum up what he said?

You have to wonder what the county board thinks of all this... Team hanging on by their fingernails in Div 2, meanwhile popular conception inside & outside the county is that O’Connor rocks up to Hawfield drinking Krystal in the back a limo with a couple of models, tells Bryan Murphy to make the lads do a few laps, then takes chartered flight to Mustique...
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 am

bk2 wrote:
The most important thing is that we dig deep into our pockets so Jack can get his expense cheque.

Bet he wont be there next season.
good Lot that panel might see next year either
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 am

I thought Darragh Malone struggled against Roscommon. It was a big ask making your debut and having to mark Cathal Cregg. I think we should bring back Tommy Moolick at midfield, put David Hyland back in the half back line and Eoin Doyle or Kevin Flynn back in the full back line.

Paul Cribbin was very quiet as well. He was out all last year and it's taking him a while to get back up to speed. Keith Cribbin and Niall Kelly did okay but I don't think our half forward line is enough of a threat. I'd like to see Conor Hartley or David Slattery given a start here.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 am

JohnnyC wrote:
I thought Darragh Malone struggled against Roscommon. It was a big ask making your debut and having to mark Cathal Cregg. I think we should bring back Tommy Moolick at midfield, put David Hyland back in the half back line and Eoin Doyle or Kevin Flynn back in the full back line.

Paul Cribbin was very quiet as well. He was out all last year and it's taking him a while to get back up to speed. Keith Cribbin and Niall Kelly did okay but I don't think our half forward line is enough of a threat. I'd like to see Conor Hartley or David Slattery given a start here.
moolick only 20 minutes man .very poor against Armagh. Tommy has no speed
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 11:02 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Complete ballox about Tommy being a 20 minute man, so is bringing up Matty Byrne getting the better of Masterson every time he's mentioned...
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 am

LillieLad wrote:
Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Complete ballox about Tommy being a 20 minute man, so is bringing up Matty Byrne getting the better of Masterson every time he's mentioned...
. Truth hurts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Roscommon
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next