Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2020 Club Championships

Go down 
+55
Anyonebutthedubs
Hurlerbehindtheditch
GoDownOnIt
Kicking King
topcat
SplitThePosts
CantonasCollar
BearintheSquare
bloodsub
Curraghplains
CILLDara 1998
TheManInTheStands
fatherted
seamymurphy
Club fan
TommyKeegan
jim
lilysavage
Badger85
kildarecat
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
jj
PMA
DONTPULLOUT
intheback
Sorrynotsorry
GaaBoi
Flamingo
Rex
kevhog88
upforyourballmeman
jemser
murof
Ohtoohtobe
TheGeneral
Misneach
lomond
Bigfullforward
TopOfTheLeft
racer
eadestown1
jobluts
wingback
Ogie
white boy
totalgaa
captainautumn
All down the line
county-minor
Kildare98
lilywhites on tour
OutTheGap
jimmers
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:46 am

upforyourballmeman wrote:
"Saw the Celbridge match online. Could not believe what I saw, so watched it again with a pen and paper.Here are my findings

1.Total frees 45. Moorefield got 32 to 13 for Celbridge.Seems a bit skewed for a level enough match.
2.After the first water break Moorefield got 11 frees to Celbridges 1. Moorefield scored 4 points from these frees
3. After the second half water break the free count was 6 to 1 in favour of Moorefield. (Moorefield got 2 points from these frees)
4. Across the full match Moorefield got 14 scoreable frees and scored 10. Celbridge got 3 scorable frees and scored 3.
5. Scratching my head here with those stats.

Can anybody out there enlighten me as to what went on."

So you dissected the free count with a fine tooth comb and you instantly concluded it was ref bias?.

A few glaring ommissions from your post, you failed to tell us how many of those frees should not have been given, or were most of the frees conceded actually frees and not ref bias?.

When one team gets more scoreable frees its often a sign that that team is creating more dangerous positions, frees given away in scoreable areas is often to stop an even more dangerous position from ensuing ie possible goal chance, same for all similar type sports.

As for the non scoreable free count, is it possible that Moorefield are superior tacklers than Celbridge, valid point I think?.

Either ways this forum is playing a blinder for Athy already, good chance county refs will visit this website to have a gander from time to time and see what the Kildare gaa fans are thinking, Athy will probably have to commit GBH next Saturday afternoon for Moorefield to win a free for fear of been branded biased to the dreaded Newbridge team!.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:39 am

Did you watch the game Kildarecat? It was on e of the most biased performances you are ever likely to see. Dreadful performance and you can leave the Moorefield chip on the shoulder off for a while too.
I suggest you watch the game back yourself and take the blinkers off before you.do

jemser likes this post

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 am

The Moorefield attempts at getting Mastersons card overturned last week were embarrassing. The ref was vilified online by club members yet this week when it goes their way in a shocking manner everybody is supposed to look the other way. Give it a break
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 am

jj wrote:
Did you watch the game Kildarecat? It was on e of the most biased performances you are ever likely to see. Dreadful performance and you can leave the Moorefield chip on the shoulder off for a while too.
I suggest you watch the game back yourself and take the blinkers off before you.do

Of course I watched the game but I wasn't watching to count the frees, as for my Moorefield chip?, its not a chip but a pretty damn obvious observation that this forum absolutely despise the Newbridge teams, at least be honest as regards that fact!, the posts after the match on Saturday said it all, some were just downright bile, others comical, yep Moorefield are cute hoors arent they, refs adore them, now that really is laughable, Moorefield have been the victims of some incredible refeering decisions down the years!.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:54 am

jj wrote:
The Moorefield attempts at getting Mastersons card overturned last week were embarrassing.  The ref was vilified online by club members  yet this week when  it goes their way in a shocking manner everybody is supposed to look the other way. Give it a break

As regards that I totally agree with you, its a red card all day long although the roli polies the victim did was slightly exaggerated!.
Back to top Go down
kevhog88
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 6:03 am

kildarecat wrote:
jj wrote:

Of course I watched the game but I wasn't watching to count the frees, as for my Moorefield chip?, its not a chip but a pretty damn obvious observation that this forum absolutely despise the Newbridge teams, at least be honest as regards that fact!, the posts after the match on Saturday said it all, some were just downright bile, others comical, yep Moorefield are cute hoors arent they, refs adore them, now that really is laughable, Moorefield have been the victims of some incredible refeering decisions down the years!.

Eanna o'Connor is always in the refs ear to influence games. Cute hoorism but hes good at it in fairness. I didnt see the Moorefield game but the amount of frees noted above is alarming if correct.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 am

kevhog88 wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
jj wrote:

Eanna o'Connor is always in the refs ear to influence games. Cute hoorism but hes good at it in fairness.  I didnt see the Moorefield game but the amount of frees noted above is alarming if correct.

No problem with players being cute or stepping over the line on occasions. It's football it happens.
But I would have expected an unbiased ref for such a big game. The stats speak for themselves. It's not right and needs to be addressed
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 11:40 am

Ok jj the stats speak for themselves so you say, Moorefield got loads more frees than Celbridge, any chance someone can tell me that they were not actual frees, all you gave me were stats, nothing about wether they were genuine frees or not?.

Valid observation, you can argue all you like about Moorefield getting loads more frees but I have no evidence from you that they were not actually deserving frees anyway?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 11:48 am

kildarecat wrote:
Ok jj the stats speak for themselves so you say, Moorefield got loads more frees than Celbridge, any chance someone can tell me that they were not actual frees, all you gave me were stats, nothing about wether they were genuine frees or not?.

Valid observation, you can argue all you like about Moorefield getting loads more frees but I have no evidence from you that they were not actually deserving frees anyway?

Well Moorefield got x amount more frees than Celbridge suggests everyone of those frees were not frees, or maybe they were genuine frees and the Newbridge haters have tunnel vision!.

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Any truth in the rumour that all Celbridge players have withdrawn from the Kildare panel?
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 pm

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Any truth in the rumour that all Celbridge players have withdrawn from the Kildare panel?
was being considered by celbridge players on Saturday after match
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 pm

Good on the Celbridge players for leaving the Kildare panel. Important to make a stand as the county board won’t do anything. The ref is from Kilcullen which is right beside Newbridge. Says it all for me.

jj likes this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:18 pm

More refs than footballers in Kilcullen😉

myraspup likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
TheManInTheStands wrote:
was being considered by celbridge players on Saturday after match

Embarrassing if true. I would be hopeful it is just talk and not remotely considered as a course of action.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 pm

@Kildarecat you're very defensive and making it difficult to have a rational discussion! I'm certainly not a Newbridge hater and am on record on this very thread as being a big fan of Moorefield and how they play... I wish Kildare teams had more of the Moorefield mentality in them.... I've got one question for you that I'd be very interested to hear your answer to

Why do you think the free stats are so out of balance?

lilysavage, CantonasCollar and myraspup like this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:51 pm

This cannot be true! What purpose would it serve anyway?
You lose a club semi, so you won't play county that season. If you don't like a ref next year threaten to walk again?!

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:06 pm

Not sure I agree with players walking out of County team over but if so it certainly shows the feeling in celbridge over the game.

Still think it shows a weakness in the players if they do walk out

Last edited by Botch on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

jj, lilysavage and CantonasCollar like this post

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Flamingo wrote:
This cannot be true! What purpose would it serve anyway?
You lose a club semi, so you won't play county that season. If you don't like a ref next year threaten to walk again?!

Far bigger issue than just this game for teams from north of the county

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 5:05 pm

GoDownOnIt wrote:
@Kildarecat you're very defensive and making it difficult to have a rational discussion! I'm certainly not a Newbridge hater and am on record on this very thread as being a big fan of Moorefield and how they play... I wish Kildare teams had more of the Moorefield mentality in them.... I've got one question for you that I'd be very interested to hear your answer to

Why do you think the free stats are so out of balance?

Free stack in favour of Moorefield as that is there game plan. Go into contact and draw frees. They have won championships doing this. No secret.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Why aren't we giving the biggest and most important games to the best referees? This is not happening. The referee in question is not and never will be a good referee. Small man syndrome accompanied by arrogance. Always found him to be bias, any little infraction will turn him against your team. Petty little man.

I'm no fan of Moorefield, in fact I dislike them a lot, mainly because of their loudmouth hangers-on and supporters. They're a cute team on the ball, clever and they know how to treat each referee. I watched the game on Saturday in full and I have to say they got a lot, not a few, a lot of soft frees. Celbridge had to work harder for theirs.

I think JJ mentioned it above, a few southern referees in Kildare don't like northern teams. I think it's the South Dublin accent, it's awful to be fair. This is a real thing. Witnessed it on many occasions.

Hard not to have sympathy for Celbridge, they weren't given a chance.

Back to top Go down
GaaBoi
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Moorefields tackling was a lot better than Celbridges on Saturday and that has been emphasised in the figures. Yes, there was certainly some soft frees in there for Moorefield, but to my memory, there wasn’t one warranted free for Celbridge that wasn’t given! I believe it was the same in the 2017 final when Moorefield only scored 3 points from open play. Maybe it’s time to look at the tackling from Celbridge instead of blaming the ref. 35 frees to Celbridges 13? The ref maybe had a few soft ones but I’d be putting the blame elsewhere with such a substantial gap!
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Very hard final to call. Really fancied sarsfields last year and could nt see moorefield beat the previous year.
Not sure about this one . Can see it going into extra time. Very hard to call. Very evenly matched teams .
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 4:29 am

Moorefield are a cynical team. Have been for years. But it’s up to everyone else to deal with that.
Celbridge threw that match away. Had the positions been reversed the Moore’s would’ve started a row when they kicked the point to put them 3 up. Celbridge didn’t.
Big teams always get the split decisions with refs. That isn’t just Moorefield either.
A word on the behaviour of the Moorefield bench though... Passion can’t be used to describe their behaviour with some of the things that were being shouted. It’s embarrassing.
Still though, it’s up to the rest of us to catch up. I don’t blame Moorefield for pushing the limit out. We’ll see how the ref treats Athy, can’t get more south Kildare than Athy!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 6:41 am

Does anyone have a link to the Moorefield v Celbridge game?
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 7:44 am

Badger85 wrote:
Moorefield are a cynical team. Have been for years. But it’s up to everyone else to deal with that.
Celbridge threw that match away. Had the positions been reversed the Moore’s would’ve started a row when they kicked the point to put them 3 up. Celbridge didn’t.
Big teams always get the split decisions with refs. That isn’t just Moorefield either.
A word on the behaviour of the Moorefield bench though... Passion can’t be used to describe their behaviour with some of the things that were being shouted. It’s embarrassing.
Still though, it’s up to the rest of us to catch up. I don’t blame Moorefield for pushing the limit out. We’ll see how the ref treats Athy, can’t get more south Kildare than Athy!

What was the things they were shouting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2020 Club Championships
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next