Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+47
Caprea
TommyKeegan
Taibi
Club fan
DONTPULLOUT
Curraghplains
Botch
lomond
Gaa1928
GoDownOnIt
seamymurphy
steviegenius
Ohtoohtobe
topcat
CantonasCollar
Cilldara_2000
Liffey Likes
murof
Twentyeight
kelf
Cassanata
Highball
bite the pillow
jimmers
lilysavage
Micko lillywhite
Lanemusic
moatesports
John_R
Badger85
Flamingo
Onhisboot
BearintheSquare
micky murphy
ClaneLillywhite
parcel
tomoneillandhissisteranne
OutTheGap
TheGeneral
Ronburgundy2020
kildarecat
jemser
Frodo93
white boy
bigball
Borderline
Dinny Breen
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Hard as it is I always think you do your best and play as high as possible. So I still would of preferred to play the dubs. Taking the no chance attitude is not the way we winners are built

Club fan and GoDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 10:05 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
As expected last night. Two questions. 1. If you're a Kildare player knowing that was what awaits you in the final, would you really go all in the semi-final. 2. If you're a Kildare player knowing that if you put in maximum effort for months on end that's what awaits you, would you bother trying or even training?

I wouldn't. It's a boring fix that has brought no joy in years. We can go on about our lads needing to do this and the county board needing to do that, but it will make zero difference.

Your mentality is not suited to county football, its perfectly suited to internet chat rooms though!

ClaneLillywhite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 pm

I think Tommy is hitting the nail on the head and it's not going to get any better. We probably had a full squad this year due to COVID.

I expect more potential county players not bothering next year, imagine training from November to face that around June every year.

Lucky we stayed Div 2 or the knock on effect would have been even worse.

I would suggest more about reality as opposed to mentality, easy to suggest if your not the one putting you life on hold to be not only beaten on the pitch but abused off it.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 10:30 pm

I really hope the Dubs beat Donegal by 20 points then Mayo or Cork by 30 points in the final. People might actually take notice then. We have a semi-pro team against 30 amateur teams yet year after year people still act surprised at another joke of a Leinster Championship. Boycott it. It's the only way.

Put the Dubs in Connacht or Munster and watch them die a death too.

In no other sport in the world would this blatant cheating be allowed happen for one year, it's been happening here since 2008. Much like this nonsense lockdown we find ourselves in, the Irish will shrug their shoulders, give out about it on Facebook but ultimately accept it.

Boycott the fcuking thing.

CantonasCollar likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Good man GoDownOnIt. You sound like a real GAA committee man. The bloody thing is fixed and there are still people out there who think it's a golden generation, when Cluxton retires, others need to get their houses in order, Dublin volunteer better. They reality that you won't go near is that they are closing in on 30 per cent of the national population, have been given 20x more per registered player for 16 years running, have a market like no other that allows them to bring in millions in sponsorship, have no costs around developing a centre of excellence, have no costs around building a fit-for-purpose stadium, have no costs in terms of travel, never play away games and all these advantages are increasing year on year. The flipside for the rest is they know that the best they can do is get within 10 points and be told they are great lads thus they aren't bothering. I've no idea what a "mindset for intercounty football" you mention is unless you want people so stupid so as to waste their valuable time to be humiliated.

Cilldara_2000, Taibi and CantonasCollar like this post

Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Dublin have full time coaches in every club and school while in Kildare we have Mammy's and Daddy’s coaching the kids. I agree with everything Taibi and TommyKeegan said.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 11:27 pm

Its amazing how in the late 90s we were being accused of having the big bucks from the sheik .no hawkfield Centre of excellence at that time though just solid committed players
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 12:16 am

It won't be taken seriously until the inevitable dominance in hurling comes about.

And perhaps when we're taking stripes off our own lads for championship failures we should pause and consider the psychological impact of the winner of the Leinster championship being predetermined. That has to seep into your core - all counties in Leinster bar Offaly have shipped at least one extremely heavy defeat to Dublin in the last few years.

Since 2013 their average winning margin has been 16.67 points. In the 24 Leinster games they played (2013 to 2020), they scored 53 goals and 512 points, their opposition 7 goals and 250 points. That's 671 points v 271 points, a margin of 400. 671/24 = 2.476, IE on average they score just less than two and a half times more than their opposition.

But ofc it's our volunteers' fault.

Incidentally, the last match of any description I attended was the money grab round 2 match against Galway in 2018. So my own personal boycott is well in place at this stage - even for a hurling match, I'm not handing the GAA any more money that they'd then just give straight to Dublin. And until more people do the same, Croke Park won't do anything.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 12:25 am

I think all Leinster counties should boycott it, save the money in team preparation and put it into clubs. Also means Dublin are out big as where do people think their GAA funding comes from? Other counties paying to watch their identity humiliated.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 2:25 am

County Boards won't do shit. The only way this changes is the ordinary supporters of the other Leinster Counties decide they want no part of a sport where the governing body is complicit in the financial doping of one County in order to maximise monetary returns while happy to watch other proud Counties being humiliated.

Boycott the 2021 Championship and destroy that monetary return.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:08 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Good man GoDownOnIt. You sound like a real GAA committee man. The bloody thing is fixed and there are still people out there who think it's a golden generation, when Cluxton retires, others need to get their houses in order, Dublin volunteer better. They reality that you won't go near is that they are closing in on 30 per cent of the national population, have been given 20x more per registered player for 16 years running, have a market like no other that allows them to bring in millions in sponsorship, have no costs around developing a centre of excellence, have no costs around building a fit-for-purpose stadium, have no costs in terms of travel, never play away games and all these advantages are increasing year on year. The flipside for the rest is they know that the best they can do is get within 10 points and be told they are great lads thus they aren't bothering. I've no idea what a "mindset for intercounty football" you mention is unless you want people so stupid so as to waste their valuable time to be humiliated.

Good man Tommy, you sound like an angry little man.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:09 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I think all Leinster counties should boycott it, save the money in team preparation and put it into clubs. Also means Dublin are out big as where do people think their GAA funding comes from? Other counties paying to watch their identity humiliated.
This is the exact wave the white flag rubbish that we accuse our team of doing. We are the last team to beat a dublin team in a leinster championship in either 20s or senior . It can be done when your house is in order.
A couple of lads played for dublin last night that played in that 20s leinster final and looked like all stars. Meanwhile a few of our lads that played that night do not even shine for their clubs now. We need to find out why this is happening and is there anyone tracking their progress . Sick of this money excuse. Dubs are always going to have advantages .
Get our own house in order and stop moaning about our neighbours. If we can beat them underage , we can beat them at senior but not if lads are to go missing without a trace.
Our current group are not good enough which is fair enough but we still have an opportunity to get the next generation up to the next level.
This boycott talk is rubbish. Look at mayo , half the team are in dublin and they only train 1 night a week collectively and yet they push the dubs. Look at donegal , small pick .
They dont cry about dubs money. They get their shit together and go at it.
Boycott my hole

moatesports and GoDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 am

Ex county captain looking to boycott. No wonder his club are the biggest underachievers in kildare club football.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:13 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
This is the exact wave the white flag rubbish that we accuse our team of doing. We are the last team to beat a dublin team in a leinster championship in either 20s or senior . It can be done when your house is in order.
A couple of lads played for dublin last night that played in that 20s leinster final and looked like all stars. Meanwhile a few of our lads that played that night do not even shine for their clubs now. We need to find out why this is happening and is there anyone tracking their progress . Sick of this money excuse. Dubs are always going to have advantages .
Get our own house in order and stop moaning about our neighbours. If we can beat them underage , we can beat them at senior but not if lads are to go missing without a trace.
Our current group are not good enough which is fair enough but we still have an opportunity to get the next generation up to the next level.
This boycott talk is rubbish. Look at mayo , half the team are in dublin and they only train 1 night a week collectively and yet they push the dubs. Look at donegal , small pick .
Boycott my hole

GoDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:34 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

A) Actually I'm right and B) if what makes me right doesn't make you angry, you are either a Dublin fan or just don't care.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:38 am

Club fan wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
Boycott my hole

Waving the white flag? You clearly don't have a clue about elite sport. "Get their shit together." Okay, great, what would you suggest we do. Ask the GAA for 25 times the money of Dublin for the next 16 years, get a sponsor having lied to them about having a market of 1.2m and f**k each other senseless so the population becomes 30 per cent of the national count? Then in 20 years we can compete. Great. Have you put this plan together? Look at Mayo? They had the chance to be celebrated to win Connacht each year and had a golden generation that was amazing. They died off and they were humiliated by Dublin last year. As were Monaghan couple of years back. And Tyrone. And Galway. Kerry clung on having played 14 men last year, were toyed with and shown up in replay and couldn't beat Cork this year. But sure look, literally everyone else is doing it wrong; Dublin just happened to get it right with the money making no difference despite now also dominating ladies football and winning national and provincial titles all over in hurling.

CantonasCollar likes this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:56 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
GoDownOnIt wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

A) Actually I'm right and B) if what makes me right doesn't make you angry, you are either a Dublin fan or just don't care.

I'm angry that the dubs get special treatment. The Croke Park home game / neutral game situation is a shame on the GAA and Dublin playing most games there has been a disgrace for years. The population thing is the structure of the GAA and can only change if the GAA changes fundamentally. As far as I'm aware, the money situation is more nuanced than what you are outlining above. I haven't done the research you've done on it but it is more nuanced.

What I'm not doing is giving up because we can't win at the moment, that's what children do. The biggest gap between ourselves and Dublin in our own level of performance, and that's within our control.

moatesports likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:

I'm angry that the dubs get special treatment. The Croke Park home game / neutral game situation is a shame on the GAA and Dublin playing most games there has been a disgrace for years. The population thing is the structure of the GAA and can only change if the GAA changes fundamentally. As far as I'm aware, the money situation is more nuanced than what you are outlining above. I haven't done the research you've done on it but it is more nuanced.

What I'm not doing is giving up because we can't win at the moment, that's what children do. The biggest gap between ourselves and Dublin in our own level of performance, and that's within our control.

Children also do wishful thinking which is what that last sentence is. The biggest gap is 20 years of financial doping. At this stage it's no good for Dublin and it's no good for anyone else either. See my post above with the average hammerings over the last eight years when the juggernaut finally took off. You're fooling yourself if you think anyone in the country can ultimately stand up to the population and financial advantages which they have, fair play to them, utilised to the max after years of fluting around. The best that can be hoped for is the odd shock result in the knock out stages of the AI series. But remember that the GAA in their wisdom turned one round of knockout into a round robin - there's only two possible chances for the shock now.

The simple fact is that the rest of Leinster has been clubbed into insensibility too many times now.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:15 am

Youve given up tommy. The counties you mentioned get the most out of what they have. We dont.
One thing we have done in the recent past is beat the dubs , albiet underage but we beat them , getting the absolute maximun out of that particular group of player.
Are we getting the absolute maximum out of the current group ? I would say no.
Did we manage these lads and keep them on our radars after they were successful? No
Lads deemed not good enough for the senior team over the following 2 years . Was there progress monitored or in any way looked after . No.
If we can beat them at underage , we can beat them at senior .
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:50 am

Taibi wrote:
I really hope the Dubs beat Donegal by 20 points then Mayo or Cork by 30 points in the final. People might actually take notice then. We have a semi-pro team against 30 amateur teams yet year after year people still act surprised at another joke of a Leinster Championship. Boycott it. It's the only way.

Put the Dubs in Connacht or Munster and watch them die a death too.

In no other sport in the world would this blatant cheating be allowed happen for one year, it's been happening here since 2008. Much like this nonsense lockdown we find ourselves in, the Irish will shrug their shoulders, give out about it on Facebook but ultimately accept it.

Boycott the fcuking thing.
The difference in other provinces , the underdogs dont give up like leinster.
Did cavan give up when tyrone and donegal were swapping titles . Did tipp and cork give up when kerry won year after year in munster. Even leitrim give it a right go against mayo and or galway.
We in leinster cry about dubs money instead of doing something about it on the pitch.
Dubs must piss themselves reading about opposition calling for boycotts. Imagine being in a dressing room before a game knowing the opposition across the hall wanted to boycott and are afraid of their lives.

GoDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:52 am

Cavan Ulster Champions. We beat them a few weeks ago. Crazy stuff. Dublin gonna give them a serious hiding.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:53 am

Mayo v Dublin All Ireland final
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 am

Mad stat. Same 4 provincial football winners as 1920 ,
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 am

Club fan wrote:
Youve given up tommy. The counties you mentioned get the most out of what they have. We dont.
One thing we have done  in the recent past is beat the dubs , albiet underage but we beat them , getting the absolute maximun out of that particular group of player.
Are we getting the absolute maximum out of the current group ? I would say no.
Did we manage these lads and keep them on our radars after they were successful? No
Lads deemed not good enough for the senior team over the following 2 years . Was there progress monitored or in any way looked after . No.
If we can beat them at underage , we can beat them at senior .

Donegal, Galway, Tyrone, Kerry get the most out of what they've got. Funny, none in an All Ireland semi-final. Love this narrative that they'd rattle Dublin when they can't beat teams we have.

Cilldara_2000 and Taibi like this post

Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 5:07 am

Give it up now tommy. You have been exposed as being a waffler on this forum on a number of occasions.
Put out your white flag of surrender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next