Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager

Go down 
+38
bite the pillow
Curraghplains
bloodsub
Ned
Caprea
OutSideOfTheBoot
Thin Blue Line
kelf
steviegenius
Flamingo
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Cassanata
LillieLad
CILLDara 1998
lilly-exile
Onhisboot
CantonasCollar
Gaa1928
FionnMcCool
GoDownOnIt
SamMaguire
lily4fr
Taibi
Botch
gunnerman
KILL BILL
moatesports
Rex
seamymurphy
murof
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Thelillywhites
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
CillDara71
Clubman
jimmers
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Empty
PostSubject: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Glenn the new manager.

joined by Anthony Rainbow, Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley as coaches/selectors.

Good luck to all!

Cilldara_2000, bite the pillow, seamymurphy and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 6:54 pm

jimmers wrote:
Glenn the new manager.

joined by Anthony Rainbow, Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley as coaches/selectors.

Good luck to all!

Best of luck to them.

bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 6:55 pm

I hoped it would be Davy Burke but Jesus, you couldn't look at that line up of Manager & selectors as a Kildare person and not feel excited.
Huge congrats to Glenn & good luck to him and his team.

lilywhites on tour, lilysavage, bite the pillow, seamymurphy, NorthernLily89 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Brilliant, delighted with that.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 6:58 pm

This is great news.

CillDara71 wrote:
I hoped it would be Davy Burke but Jesus, you couldn't look at that line up of Manager & selectors as a Kildare person and not feel excited.

I'm definitely buzzing.

CillDara71 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Good luck to the management team.
Glad Doyle and Dermot are on the ticket.
Best of luck to the lillies!!

Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 7:19 pm

I had initially supported Davy Burke, but when I heard Glenn had actually been interviewed I was hoping it would be him. It would have been unthinkable to have rejected men of that calibre twice in six years. Davy will get his chance, possibly after these men. But for now I'm buzzing. These men are legends of the game and winners. This heals a lot of wounds. Now let us put the last decade behind is and move on united. Exciting times ahead.
Cill Dara Abú

lilysavage and bite the pillow like this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 7:45 pm

CillDara71 wrote:

Exact same, I was also a "davy fanboy" (as taibi labeled us), great set-up. Something to look forward to next year now.

Cill Dara Abu. cheers

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 pm

4 wonderful players who were a joy to watch. Can only be good for Kildare in Div 1. Long enough gone from the scene not to be too close to any of the current players so hopefully will make any hard decisions necessary.

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Yep, happy out with that tbh.
Taibi will be buzzing tonight.

Taibi, Clubman and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:16 pm

Absolutely Delighted with this. Glenn is the Ultimate Kildare player, a living legend and someone who supporters will get behind and follow wherever he goes.

If the players can't get motivated and play with passion for these lads they are better off out of it.

A quick mention for Davy. I had hoped he would get a chance and still do. His time will come. But not yet, not just yet.

Cilldara_2000, murof, lilysavage, moatesports, jimmers, seamymurphy, CillDara71 and like this post

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:24 pm

This is a huge moment for kildare football 4 of the best players in last 25 years or so and a squad with potential this is great news

seamymurphy and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 8:52 pm

4 legends from within our own county, so thrilled, I 'm made up to be honest, the county will be buzzing, a very happy Kildareman tonight

lilysavage, moatesports, seamymurphy, Southern Gael and gunnerman like this post

Back to top Go down
gunnerman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Over the moon !
Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 9:19 pm

seamymurphy wrote:
Yep, happy out with that tbh.
Taibi will be buzzing tonight.

Taibi will be on some session this weekend . 🙌
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 9:29 pm

Looks like a good ticket.
I am happy with the choice.
If they can coach as well as they played then we are going to improve big time.

lilysavage, seamymurphy and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 10:14 pm

Best of luck to them, especially Glenn. An absolute gent of a man who deserves this. Exciting times ahead.

lilysavage, seamymurphy and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 11:21 pm

Couldn't be happier for Glenn. An absolute gentleman off the field and a legend on it.

And what a team of selectors he has with him. If this doesn't inspire players and fans alike, we may throw our hat at it.

And a tip of the hat to Mick Gorman and the CB. Get a lot of stick on here and sometimes it's justified, but this seems like a progressive move and hopefully it pays off. Cill Dara Abú

Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 11:39 pm

Brilliant. A leader of men!

Onhisboot and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 am

Delighted for probably our greatest ever player, nobody deserves this more than Glen. If he can instill some of his steel and attitude into these lads, we could progress quickly.

So we are a county united once more!! There will be a huge buzz next year and I've no doubt Kildare supporters will come out in numbers to support.

Cilldara Abu!

SamMaguire and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 am

For the record , let me state that I'm happy with the appointment.

The management team as a whole is a who's who of Kildare GAA teams of past.

Kildare on paper are a top 8 side currently. We're in Div.1 and we've produced a number of talented underage players and teams in recent years to under pin our Senior team.

There can be no room for sentiment or nostalgia here. I really hope that the appointment was made without sentiment and that this management team of Glen, Anthony, Johnny and Dermot along with the rest of their backroom staff has a real credible plan to take Kildare forward. From the ground up really.

I would like to hear some of it, not all but some.

I'd like to hear who else applied and why we went with what we did.

For thr 4 legends involved a truly hope they are successful. I hope it doesn't end sour. I hope ther legacy isn't tarnished
I hope upon hope they bring us some tangible glory whatever that may be.

Best of Luck to all. Roll on 2022. As always I will follow them the length of the country. That will never change.

CillDara ABÚ

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 9:38 am

Great appointment, one thing for sure, the greatest Kildare player in my lifetime, the only thing is I can't decide which one of them.

Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 9:51 am

I don’t like it. It’s a romance appointment from the County board to keep the fans happy. I’m looking at the bigger picture here. Yet again the County board have failed to appoint the right man. Davy Burke should be the Kildare manager and I’d like to know why he’s not. Glen Ryan,Johnny Doyle, Dermot Early and Anthony Rainbow are Kildare legends but I can see them butting heads.

Clubman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 10:41 am

If there is one thing these four won't do is butt heads as you say. Glenn was their leader and Captain. They wouldn't work with any one else

Last edited by Rex on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

GoDownOnIt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager   Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glenn Ryan - new Kildare Manager
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next