Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School’s Football

Go down 
+16
FlourBag_1
Kildare98
bite the pillow
kelf
ClaneLillywhite
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Thin Blue Line
Curraghofkildare
CILLDara 1998
SplitThePosts
White Bridge
GoDownOnIt
Curraghplains
Badger85
topcat
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 7:26 am

It looks like there is a strong possibility of 3 Kildare schools making the semi finals of Leinster “A” competition. Can we use the success of these schools as a springboard to success with the county set up or is there little/no correlation. It does lead me to question how we couldn’t turn the school success into even one Leinster minor final appearance over the last 2 years. Other people may be far better places than I am as to why the schools success didn’t translate into success at county minor level.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 am

Multiple reasons.
They’re young lads for a start and every young team can have a bad day for no reason.
Covid isn’t ideal. I know it effects every team, but again, pointing to the first reason, it can effect a team on a once off.
Tactics and managers. We had this right with Hackett and Burke. We’ve lost our way recently though.
The good signs coming from the schools teams is something to be positive about. Interestingly they schools in question are in areas of Kildare that have had huge population booms in the past 15/20 years. These are the kids of those people who moved here. And there more to come.
That brings me that to the old drum I’ve banged for years now. The county board needs to reach out to the new residents in Kildare and do everything in their power to get them interested in watching and playing for Kildare. “No thanks Dad, I don’t want a Mayo/Galway/Dublin jersey… can I have a Kildare one?”

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:00 am

Maynooth v Clane in semi final
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:23 pm

Badger85 wrote:
Multiple reasons.
They’re young lads for a start and every young team can have a bad day for no reason.
Covid isn’t ideal. I know it effects every team, but again, pointing to the first reason, it can effect a team on a once off.
Tactics and managers. We had this right with Hackett and Burke. We’ve lost our way recently though.
The good signs coming from the schools teams is something to be positive about. Interestingly they schools in question are in areas of Kildare that have had huge population booms in the past 15/20 years. These are the kids of those people who moved here. And there more to come.
That brings me that to the old drum I’ve banged for years now. The county board needs to reach out to the new residents in Kildare and do everything in their power to get them interested in watching and playing for Kildare. “No thanks Dad, I don’t want a Mayo/Galway/Dublin jersey… can I have a Kildare one?”

You hit the nail on the head with Tactics and Managers. Some bad choices at minor and U20 level in last few years. I don't want to be dogging good committed GAA men but they were just not the right men for the job.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 9:42 pm

GoDownOnIt wrote:
Badger85 wrote:
Multiple reasons.

You hit the nail on the head with Tactics and Managers. Some bad choices at minor and U20 level in last few years. I don't want to be dogging good committed GAA men but they were just not the right men for the job.

Colm Ward managed Kildare to a Leinster minor in 2019. He wanted the job again in 2020 but instead it was handed to a group with no experience at that level. It turned out to be a huge mistake
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 2:28 am

Just veering slightly off topic to add that the two starting midfielders in both OBC games so far we’re brought in by Hackett at minor level (at a time when north Kildare clubs were being neglected for some reason at that level). Went to championship games at all grades to find lads that hadn’t been brought in at the conventional u14 and very foolishly, didn’t get any further roles within Kildare after his two Leinster minor successes. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the county boards meeting rooms sometimes to be honest.
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:31 am

Naas CBS become the third Kildare team to take a Leinster senior A championship semi final spot. All teams in the semis so far are from Kildare
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 7:25 am

Naas used six subs today
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2022 12:15 am

This is great, but it makes me depressed thinking about how its not transferring to senior inter county level. Maybe it will in time to come
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2022 12:37 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:
This is great, but it makes me depressed thinking about how its not transferring to senior inter county level. Maybe it will in time to come
Naas cbs used six subs in game Sounds like the game will be replayed
Back to top Go down
Curraghofkildare
Junior A
Junior A

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2022 4:07 am

Naas cbs have ordered to replay there quarter final game after Naas used 6 subs its on 22 January
Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2022 4:50 am

Sloppy from the Naas lads, I take it the coaches aren't maths teachers

jimmers likes this post

Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 11:18 am

Best of luck to Maynooth SLS and Naas CBS in the Leinster Post Primary Schools Senior Football “A” Final at 12pm on Saturday in St. Conleths. It’s a first to have two schools from Kildare contesting the Senior Final. Also the fact Scoil Mhuire Clane lost out to Maynooth in the semi final goes to show how strong Kildare should be at this age group. There should be a big crowd at it and hopefully we will be treated to a good game on the day.

White Bridge and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 12:05 am

The club minor championship was of a very high standard this year. Not surprised to see this translate to success at school level. We should have done much better at county minor level the last 2 years. There should be a strong u20 team coming next year .
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 12:36 am

The great thing about the number of schools doing well is the massive spread of clubs within the schools being represented, it’s not just your Naas and your Maynooth.. players from clubs of all grades are being exposed to very high standards and excelling as well.. I remember Jack Bambrick from Ardclough being found at DCU and going on to be a massive player in the U20 Leinster final. More of that on the cards here hopefully!
Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2022 9:25 am

Of all the nonsense people post here, not a word about Naas CBS today absoutley hammering a powerhouse in St.Jarlaths.

3 Kildare schools in the semi finals, Naas pushing onto the Hogan cup final surely must bode well for Kildare u20s, minors/17s over coming months.

Seruous achievement Naas. Still think letting Ronan Joyce do his trade outside of Kildare will come back to bite us in the ass... we have a habit of doing that.

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 3:51 am

The win over Jarlaths is probably the most significant in many years forthe future of Kildare football even taking the win today in Newbridge into account==== Jarlath's have always been a powerhouse and to not just beat but to hammer them is massive

bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 7:46 am

Great win for Naas. Now close the deal and win it out ! Heard the final is on Paddy's Day in Croker.
Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 1:02 am

This is a massive positive. Fair play to them.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 2:51 am

Fantastic win for Naas CBS. Congrats.

jimmers and gunnerman like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 4:06 am

Some win & some achievement... Hopefully this all translates to the success we all want to see at senior level over next decade. Congrats again to everyone involved & enjoy it to the full.

jimmers, Southern Gael and gunnerman like this post

Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 4:50 am

Well done to Naas CBS! Play a great brand of football. Well deserved.

gunnerman likes this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 6:28 am

Fantastic stuff. Congrats to all involved.

gunnerman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 7:19 am

Any chance the county board would have to foresight to get Cribbin in as director of underage football in Kildare?

Southern Gael and OutSideOfTheBoot like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2022 10:17 am

He sounded very passionate about the future of kildare football in the post match interview.

Rex and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School’s Football  Empty
PostSubject: Re: School’s Football    School’s Football  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School’s Football
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next