Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Club Kildare out to get me?

Go down 
+21
jnrwhite
rgb
tomcruise
Yellow Pearl
Sam1928
walsheman
righthalfforward
steviegenius
gaaweb
SamMaguire
croker
Highball
LilyMaguire
sam10
Son of Sarsfields
jj
koko39
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
ElGuerrouj
Kildare Fan
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:07 pm

[quote="tomcruise"]Koko 39

I have absolutely no issue with Club Kildare at all.I think that it is a great idea. I have the sticker on my car.However , my point is that ALL kids in Kildare should have been and shoul be given an opportunity to meet the players. Sorry if I offended you but that is how I see it. [/quote

yes it was your cpmment about being superior and having money that offended me. Ridiculous talk actually .
And if you have sticker on your car , are you a member?
Kids did have a chance to meet players prior to it being close after meath game. Last night was a special thank you to club kildare members and welll deserved in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:20 pm

IM not looking for argument or agreement, I dont believe there is right or wrong in this argument.
Of course clubkildare do good work and of course the money is put to good use by the countyboard.
But so too is the money that our clubs have paid to the re-development of Hawkfield.
So too does the cash that filters back to the countyboard from NFL takings during the year. And so does the cash that we pay into all league and championship matches during the year.

Im not stupid enough to argue the fact that this clubkildare dosent do good work. But I will argue with any man or woman who try to prevent me or my kids watching a Kildare team train. I wil lcontinue to atch the team train when I feel like it, and will continue to pay full price into whatever match I attend.
Thise superfan ethos or 'who can piss the highest' contest is laughable. We are all Kildare supporters, regardless of what club we choose to join. And I bet there will be a lot more non clubkildare members than members able to get All-Ireland final tickets come September
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Seriously lad, wtf you on about? There is no fan contest. You're seeing a slight where none exists.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Well you won't watch them when you want because Kieran Mcgeeney has closed the gate. Can't see you arguing with him.
That's my last word in this matter. Its not a competition.
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Your comments tomcruise are not appeciated, members of Club Kildare are members because we want to contribute to all the hard work and effort those players give year in and year out. As koko39 saidnot all of us have the money to give each year,but we still do (other things will suffer) but as long as Kildare are trying. The players sacriface their family and social life, without our financial backing, they are at nothing. Like you and your mentioned friends we travel the lenght and the breath to support our county team, but unlike you and your mentioned friends we give that little bit extra, hopefully they will go on and win Sam, and be given a well deserved holiday on the back of those who supportted them through Club Kildare. Also the commitee members who work for Club Kildare do not get paid for all the hours that they put in, but do it for the love of the game, such as Pat Mangan, June Kelly etc..
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:44 pm

just support team the best u can
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:03 pm

fone wrote:
just support team the best u can
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
koko39 wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:
Its the PFJ versus the JPF all over again lads.

Altogether now

"Always look on the bright side of life..etc.etc.."
Sorry you've lost me on that one

Dont worry about it. Old joke going back to the ice age.

It might be an old one but it's still a good one
Back to top Go down
LilyMaguire
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 pm

TC, Newbridge Fan & Kildare Fan -

Last night was a special night for the Club Kildare members and their families as a thank you.
Of course all kids will have a chance to meet the players. If your so concerned about the kids have you forgotten that Club Kildare supports not only the Kildare senior team but also under age development.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:28 pm

What the hell are ye on? lol!

Though have to say it's a great sign that we're arguing about who is the best fan rather than giving out about the team of players and how they are playing. Just shows how far we have come in the last few months. Can't wait for the argument to reach fever pitch when we get to the All-Ireland Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Hold your horses there NF, has somebody stolen your sweets. There seems a bit of anger there as regards the training and to me it would seem that you are more pissed of that the gates have been closed than any Club Kildare. I also see quite a bit of me me me as a opposed to what's best for the Kildare team.

Everybody could watch training up until the Meath game since then things have got serious. You'll just have to accept it and get on with it like everyone else. Sure poor old fone is having withdrawal symptoms.

Biggest game in a decade and we are arguing over this, you couldn't make it up.

Forgot to say PFJ all the way.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 pm

There is a valid reason why the training is behind closed doors (gates) at the moment, Geezer and the lads are preparing for Kildare's most important match in ten years and as much as we all want to be part of that (and understandably have our kids meeting the players etc), they need the time and space to prepare properly and if this is what it takes well then so be it
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Splitters the lot of ya, depressing arguement
Back to top Go down
Kildare Fan
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Jeez, I came to the wrong place looking for sympathy and I have to say that the arguements for joining are convincing. I was not aware of all of the benefits of being a member and the fact that you can pay monthly would be a help. If it could be confirmed that the tickets for the final would be available and that the membership would run for the next 12 months instead of until the end of the year then I may have to consider my position
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Can confirm that membership will run 12 months from when you join
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Membership runs from the time you sign up for a year, you can pay in installments or the full whack.

Koko got there first.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 pm

Kildare Fan wrote:
Jeez, I came to the wrong place looking for sympathy and I have to say that the arguements for joining are convincing. I was not aware of all of the benefits of being a member and the fact that you can pay monthly would be a help. If it could be confirmed that the tickets for the final would be available and that the membership would run for the next 12 months instead of until the end of the year then I may have to consider my position
u are right no sympathy given out here
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:34 am

I'm strongly considering becoming a member of Club Kildare.
I'm only 19 so don't have a lot of money to spare but GAA is my life.
Since the start of the O Byrne Cup matches back in January I've only missed 2 Kildare games because of work so it really would be worth it for me to join it wouldn't it?
Not to mention how great it would be to be able to secure good tickets for games in Croke Park too. Is there any more info online about it?
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:14 am

Contact either Pat Mangan at 087 2411389 or June Kelly at 086 1050722 and they will give you all the information that you need
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm not a member of club Kildare thats my choice, Going a while back the players had to raise I think was about €3000 each for training equipment holiday etc A lot of people and companys and the players clubs gave these players money for this for nothing back, and now that we are in an All Ireland semi Final they're thinking that was money well spent. Club Kildare is great for the team and we need it and having that open training session for the members was a nice perk for the money that ye all paid. Reading all the posts here most of the worry is if we get to the final because we are in club Kildare we are entitle to a ticket, well other people that helped Kildare out in some way probable are thinking the same.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Every training session WAS open to anyone and their kids until after the Meath game. I have it on good authority though that there was about 30 kids running around the field with no parent in sight on one of the nights, which disrupted training a bit.

Which is more important for the moment?

Winning an All-Ireland and signing an autograph for every kid in the county for the next 100 years or getting writers cramp and seeing stars in your eyes and not getting beyond Down?????

Remember the autograph signing and photos that were taken the Thursday night before the 98 All-Ireland????? Where did that get Kildare????

Geezer made a tough decision in closing the gates, but it had to be done both to keep the hype low and players feet on the ground. Judging by the man he is, if the BIG one comes back, he will make the wait worthwhile....

The ad on the radio was an old one - it allows you a ticket for the All-Ireland Final... Don't be bitter towards Club Kildare - everyone has a chance to join and I think if you were to talk to Pat or June, they would facilitate you in someway with regards to payment type, etc....

Stevie, I'm not a member either, but I did support the lads in a few ways and my repayment will be to see JD with Sam on September 19.....
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 pm

would we having this topic if kildare were not playing in all ireland semi final next sunday . there many over ways by supporting the team by fight nights buy flags and polo shirts in shop in newbridge .
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm not a member of Club Kildare ( I dont like the jacket and €300 is too much for me when I wont make all games) but it is a great idea and I hope it thrives and prospers. I see no problem in a Club Kildare only training night.

I do think there is a bit of "Look at me" taken by that poster who turned up and demanded to be let in to the session that night.

It is not a slight on you as a Kildare fan if they kept training for CK members that night and shouldnt be taken as so. No one I'm sure classes you as being less a Kildare fan than others.

Live and let live and all of that. Actions such as yours do nothing but create bad feelings and vibes that there really isnt any need for.

I'm not into all these uber-fan bullshit. You see it in soccer as well.

"I watch league of Ireland, you watch foreign teams, I'm a better fan than you blah blah blah"
"I'm a member of the MUFC fan club and go to Old trafford twice a year, you just sit in your armchair watching sky sports blah blah blah"

Lets not go down that road. Lets all support Kildare the best way we all can personally and let others do the same.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 pm

GaaHead wrote:
Every training session WAS open to anyone and their kids until after the Meath game. I have it on good authority though that there was about 30 kids running around the field with no parent in sight on one of the nights, which disrupted training a bit.

I was there one night and there were young kids playing in the area which had been set up with markers, cones and the like while the team was watching a short video by the time they had finished playing most of the placements were moved or used for goal posts or just thrown out of the way.
It then had to be reset again, where were their parents while the were running amok. If it was my kid I'd be mortified. It's no wonder it was closed off, the only thing that surprised me was it took so long.

But you'll get someone say that it's their right to have the kids out on the field during training and no one is going to stop them.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Lets not go down that road. Lets all support Kildare the best way we all can personally and let others do the same.

Well said . Its about supporting the team. Not how you do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Club Kildare out to get me?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next