Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Lansdowne

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:51 am

Who has been? and what do you think?

I was impressed in the main but like most things nowadays its only done 90% right. I understand the small North end and have no problem with it although loads do.

The access to the stadium was good, entrance, facilities, staff etc were all excellent. Food was rubbish but stadium food generally is.

Only main gripe is the design of the supporting beams in the upper tiers. They are really obtrusive and in your eyeline if you are more than half way back.

But overall its great and will certainly retain noise and atmosphere because of the roof.

As a sidenote, heard on Newstalk last night that John Delaneys salary is €430k. Twice Obama's!!

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 am

Not been Sam and at the price of the tickets doubt I will be for a long while.

Have to say and it's only objective as I have not been inside but I don't like the design. Those supports are a very poor to the naked eye. If you are going to build a stadium at least get the views 100%.

It may grow on me but when you see some of the stadiums being built nowadays for the same money I think we have been short changed.

I'll add I can see that Havelock end getting covered in some kind of mural like what's on the outside of the Nou camp because you can't see the goalposts on the t.v
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:44 am

It looks like a bedpan........ seriously:

The new Lansdowne Aviva-Stadium

Stupid name as well. You'd think they could have got some company or product associated with Ireland to sell the naming rights to. They could have sold them to Guinness and we'd have PORTER PARK or STOUT STADIUM. Or how about THE BUCKFAST BOWL, DUNNES DOME or SUPERQUINN STADIUM?

Speaking of stadiums, will we ever see this built in any of our great-grandchildren's lifetimes?

The new Lansdowne New%20Stadium%20@%20night
The new Lansdowne Entrance%20view
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

Just noticed looking at that second picture there now - Newbridge v Dublin??

What the feck is that all about? Is it a prophetic image - will the Moores and Sash amalgamate in the future once this great stadium is built! Laughing

Very cosmopolitan crowd mingling outside before the match too. Will the Leinster Rugby crowd be jumping ship to the Dubs in the next century?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 am

Queer crowd alright although those two ladies on the far right have my approval.

Newbridge v Dublin dear God!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 am

well spotted there JME - a tad young perhaps but that's a great display of tight tummy all the same, allied with the slit in the skirt - jaysus I'm gonna get into trouble here.

Re the stadium - there is a wee thing called a recession which has fucked the whole thing right up (as if the country's planning processes wasn't doing a good enough job in that regard all on its own).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The new Lansdowne Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Lansdowne   The new Lansdowne Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Lansdowne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: Sports Discussion Forum-
Jump to: