Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?

Go down 
+11
stanley
bloodsub
TheBigFullForward
Kaiser Sóze
extra
mrblobby
Rex
rgb
Stonecold
peile
GaaHead
15 posters
AuthorMessage
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:20 am

Quote :
Clare football boss Micheal McDermott has recruited four players from other counties under the GAA's parentage rule.

As a county which hasn't won a senior provincial football title in the last 10 years, Clare can avail of the rule and, according to The Irish Sun, this has led to him capturing the services of a former Meath goalkeeper, an ex-Cavan under 21, a Dublin club footballer and a Kildare man.

I saw this on Hoganstand.com. Who is the Kildare man????
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:24 am

Probably Larry Tomkins
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:43 am

John Divilly?? Larry Tomkins made me laugh............. anybody for some cheap liquor??
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:59 am

Mr. Blobby should be able to help us with this one, I think....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:45 am

Professor Plum in the Dining room with the Candlestick.... oh hang on!!!
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:57 am

rgb, my ears were burning and I wondered why.......

alas I dont have the answer to the riddle!!

Some sort of rainbow coalition happinen down in clare by the looks of things so!!!
Back to top Go down
extra
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:39 am

last years junior captain,niall browne (two mile house )
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:52 am

Niall Browne is correct. Confirmed in the leader today,also this years player of the year for tmh.
played big part in kildare juniors this year also!!!
interesting stuff altogether. might look into kilkenny footballers as my dad is from there.
whoever the kilkenny manager is come get me.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 am

Kaiser Sóze wrote:
Niall Browne is correct. Confirmed in the leader today,also this years player of the year for tmh.
played big part in kildare juniors this year also!!!
interesting stuff altogether. might look into kilkenny footballers as my dad is from there.
whoever the kilkenny manager is come get me.

Was in the nationalist the day before, http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/tabId/205/itemId/6933/Browne-heading-to-mothers-homeland-in-search-of-c.aspx

Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 am

And is he still playing with TMH?
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 am

he is 27 years of age and he any gettin any younger to do wha exactly?
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am

Fair play and wish him the best of luck with Clare, with his mother coming from there he probably has a soft spot for the banner,, if he didn't feel he was going to make it to the Kildare seniors and has a chance of playing senior for clare shure why not give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 pm

why not give it a go?well he isnt from clare would be the glaringly obvious one. he has already played for kildare at various levels, u21, junior and senior. it would be different if he had never played for kildare.but he has, and still currently is.kildare junior set up if run properly would be just as good as clare seniors.
wha does he hope to achieve by playing senior with clare i'd like to know.
people gave out larry tompkins for going to play with cork, whats the difference here?
in saying all that i dont understand his reasoning i wish him luck.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Kaiser Sóze wrote:
why not give it a go?well he isnt from clare would be the glaringly obvious one. he has already played for kildare at various levels, u21, junior and senior. it would be different if he had never played for kildare.but he has, and still currently is.kildare junior set up if run properly would be just as good as clare seniors.
people gave out larry tompkins for going to play with cork, whats the difference here?

I think there is a difference between Niall Browne playing for Clare and Larry Tompkins playing for Cork, to the best of my knowledge larry had no family links with Cork, Speaking from a personal point of view my fathers family are from Kilkenny so from childhood I have always followed the cats in hurling, thats the way it is with most families,anyway as I said before best of luck to Niall Browne.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Kaiser Sóze wrote:

I don't think that's fair. His mother is from Clare and he says himself that he spent plenty of his time there in his youth and went to many Clare games. He has cousins on the team, he is friendly with a couple of the players from travelling so it's not simply a case of him picking a different county, he already has strong links there. Plus their opening championship game is against Cork, who wouldn't want a chance of playing in a big game like that?

He has been around the fringes of the Kildare team for a long time and it's obvious he isn't going to get a run with the senior team. I'm sure a somebody who only has links with Kildare would prefer to play junior football for Kildare than senior football anywhere but that clearly isn't the case here and I wish him well.

On the flip side, I wonder are there any players around the country eligible for Kildare that we might be able to transfer in?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:07 am

some sickener if he dont make there junior team even though!!
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:33 am

I hear Declan Brennan - who is studying in Derry - has been approached to play with the Oak Leaf. Any truth in this?
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:49 am

is niall going to continue with tmh or is he transferring to a clare club.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 am

prob stay with the house
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 am

Taken from the Clare GAA website

A number of players have responded to the call from Clare senior manager Mícheál McDermott and have indicated that they are willing to declare for the Banner County, home of one or both of their parents.

However, it will be the latter stages of the McGrath Cup (if Clare are still involved) or the early rounds of the National League, which begins in February, before any of these players can make their debuts for Clare.

Back in the ’90s, the GAA at national level passed a motion allowing players to declare for the home county of their parents. However, only some counties were designated as being eligible for this scheme and Clare were not one of those.

It is understood that Clare GAA has made a request to Central Council to be designated as eligible for this scheme. The December meeting of the council was cancelled due to the inclement weather conditions. This meeting has been rescheduled for January 15, when Clare’s request will be dealt with.

All the indications are that the request will be granted at this meeting. From there, it will go to the Competitions Control Committee for implementation, while the players interested will have to make applications to be allowed to play with Clare.

With Clare’s McGrath Cup campaign beginning with a home tie against UCC at Cooraclare on Sunday, January 9, it is clear that McDermott and his selection committee of Liam McHale and James Foran will not be able to consider David O’Connor (St Bridget’s, Dublin); Niall Browne (Twomilehouse, Kildare) and Adrian Cahill (Celbridge, Kildare) for this one.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Adrian Cahill is the red haired lad that plays for Celbridge isn't he?

Decent footballer. Wish the two lads well.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?   Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is the Kildare Man Heading for the Banner?
Page 1 of 1