Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior panel

Go down 
+3
Yellow Pearl
FearBan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior A
Junior A

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Lots of opinions and speculation about always at this time of year, but can anyone , outside of the panel, let the public know who is in and who is out?
We hear plenty of rumours about this lad or that lad but no one seems to know how well founded each suggestion is.
Ok, we know of the well publicised retirements but the rest is just speculation
Maybe someone from the management team will oblige us and give us an idea of who they are looking at this winter?
Happy New Tear
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 am

1956 wrote:
Happy New Tear

I hope that was a typo and not you predicting our emotions for the coming year...
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 am

1956 wrote:
Lots of opinions and speculation about always at this time of year, but can anyone , outside of the panel, let the public know who is in and who is out?
We hear plenty of rumours about this lad or that lad but no one seems to know how well founded each suggestion is.
Ok, we know of the well publicised retirements but the rest is just speculation
Maybe someone from the management team will oblige us and give us an idea of who they are looking at this winter?
Happy New Tear

Very unusual second post 1956. IM sure you like everybody else will just have to wait to see who is and isn't on the panel. Usually the local papers have it. The talk on here is mainly only speculation and guess work.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 am

I don't think "the panel" really applies anymore because as last year showed, the squad is open ended.

You often hear of lads being dropped or ruling themselves out at this time of year only for them to be called back in at the end of March - Eoghan O'Flaherty last year. Peter Kelly, Hugh Lynch and Tomás O'Connor were all with the juniors at this stage last year but they each played a significant role for the seniors later on in the summer.

If the rumours are true and Chalky can't commit for the League it would be no surprise to see him called back into the panel come April.
Back to top Go down
HoA
Junior C
Junior C

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:38 am

Chalky has taken a break from the panel for 4 weeks , he will decide then if he wants to return.. thats what i was told today by a good friend of his, no reasons told to me so i didnt feel it my business to ask.. hope he comes back, plenty of potential that in my opinion is still to be realised
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:35 am

Be a huge loss if he were to opt out hopefully he comes back stronger for the championship
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:21 pm

1956, I think the team posted in another thread will give you an idea of what is available to Kildare at the moment.... Plus the report on the games against Wexford in the Leader this week...

Rainbow, Brennan and Flood are the retirees.... Chalky taking a short break before making decision.... David Lyons hasn't committed yet I believe, but he only recently got married. Roli on honeymoon. Jimmers away travelling. Mikey and Dermot recovering from operations. Daryl awaiting Leinster disciplinary meeting on January 20. JD, Ken Donnelly, Rob Kelly, Morgan O'Flaherty and David Whyte have the flu.
Back to top Go down
Junior A
Junior A

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:52 pm

GaaHead you are a mind of information, well done
That should keep me going for a few weeks. You never mentioned what they had for breakfast!!

Thats the where-abouts of all our established performers and other posts have mentioned the up and coming lads from recent under 21 and minor ranks. Sure theres lots to be getting on with for the moment
I'm off-----must root out the wellies for Sunday in The Barracks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Senior panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior panel   Senior panel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior panel
Page 1 of 1