Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cheltenham Thread

Go down 
+3
Loads of Pints
walsheman
hawker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

The Cheltenham Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:29 am

Ok for those of us who are interested in next weeks big festival. Always hard to tip anything for it as they are all trying.

Heres a few of my fancys

Can't have Cue Card at 9/4. Spirit Son for me in the Supreme.
Menorah in the Champ Hurdle.
Somersby ew in the Champion Chase.
Cheltenian in the Bumper.
Hard to look beyong Big Bucks in the World Hurdle.

After thats its down to study for the rest of the week. Anyone anything to add?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 am

cant see past quevaega winning 3 in a row
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:31 pm

big double on big bucks and quevega for me but you know how these big festival fancies go.

any local fancies?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 pm

quevegas clane sure!!!yeh sounds like a nice double,maybe ,aster minded in a treble,lost badly though last year with poxy doubles and trebles!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 am

Quevega is the banker for me and I thank the Lord for Grand Crus for making Big Buck's backable. After that, I would have less confidence. I really like Hurricane Fly but there's no doubt there are question marks. Still, I think he travels so sweetly, he stays more than 2 miles which is important, and he gets from one side of the hurdle to the other very quickly. But it's a strong race.

Have to say Hawker, I think Cue Card deserves to be favourite.

Of the locals - and there are loads - Oscars Well and Bostons Angel go there with live chances, Bostons Angel at a very big price for a horse with two Grade 1s and no stamina issues
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 am

Fair enough re Cue Card but one could say the same about Dunguib last year. I see Zaidpour is in at 7s too. Was disappointing last two runs but the ground went against him and with Hendersons two he ain't gonna have it his own way. Of course 9/4 will be a fantastic price if it wins.

Ah I love it.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:30 am

flying in the tuesday back the wednesday,cant wait cheers
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 am

im hoppin off huricane fly anyway! hes a machine
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 am

grade champetre in cross country chase
somersby in queen mother
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 pm

ill definitely be taking on cue card and seems to be a lot of money for Zaidpour.

Also think Bostons Angel is far too big a price the trip suits him and as ogie said should have a bit left in th tank going up the hill.

the arkle is very poor. Im a big fan of Medermit but that price doesnt attract me and there are far too many question marks over him.

sneaky e/w on 543 aswell - loves it around there and lightly raced in the past 18 months - price about right
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:02 am

binocular v hurricane fly v menorah v peddlers cross.....is some race,gonna go with either menorah or hurricane.......dunguib a good each way bet!!!think ill side menorah....binocular been to much of a let down for me,but was impressive last time out
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:35 am

Of the local horses, Charles O'Brien's Double Double could go well in the bumper at a big price.

Quevega is a license to print money in the mares race. She should be 1/2. Hurricane Fly looks an each way bet to nothing. Hard to see many of the Irish horses making much of an impact in the Supreme, the Arkle or the RSA. I think we'll win the Neptune but Oscars Well, So Young and First Lieutenant all have serious claims.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:03 am

kickingking wrote:
Of the local horses, Charles O'Brien's Double Double could go well in the bumper at a big price.

Quevega is a license to print money in the mares race. She should be 1/2. Hurricane Fly looks an each way bet to nothing. Hard to see many of the Irish horses making much of an impact in the Supreme, the Arkle or the RSA. I think we'll win the Neptune but Oscars Well, So Young and First Lieutenant all have serious claims.
going over with the owners of quevega,on tuesday morning,promises to be a crazy day if she triumphs!!!
double doubles prob be nice e/w shout
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:33 pm

is she worth a full bank job then WM? Shocked get into the winners enclosure afterwards with a forum tshirt........oh wait
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:33 am

walsheman wrote:
binocular v hurricane fly v menorah v peddlers cross.....is some race,gonna go with either menorah or hurricane.......dunguib a good each way bet!!!think ill side menorah....binocular been to much of a let down for me,but was impressive last time out
a pity binocular not running on tuseday
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 am

pity for the race fone, but as someone who had a grand riding on Hurricane Fly, I'm delighted!! How much would he have won by if he'd settled?! Machine.

dead right about Cue Card Hawker, Kicking King, if Quevega was running in Punchestown or Leopardstown, she would be 1/2. It's insane. I've a fair wedge on her.

Garde Champetre unbelievable value as well as he's certain to be placed but I think he'll win. Still, if I've only one more winner, let it be Quevega - should be a penalty kick though
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:30 am

A lot of people fancying Quevaga ok and its hard to see it beat. Heres hoping we'll all right. Everythings crossed.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:46 am

You can breathe out now Ogie!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:31 am

and they said the fly wouldnt get up the hill haha would of beaten binocular too pity he wasnt there would of got better than3/1.
hows it gonna go tommorow master minded or big zeb?
tonne of money gone on call the police at 4.00 4/1 now
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 am

I'm going against the big two in the CC tomorrow. Having a few quid ew on Somersby. Bensalem and Quevaga kept my head above water. Did a lucky 15 and had four 2nds. Almost funny.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:40 am

walsheman wrote:
some party tonight
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:44 am

[quote="fone"]
walsheman wrote:
some party tonight [/quote
oh it was!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 am

hawker wrote:
You can breathe out now Ogie!! Very Happy

Twas like gooch cooper playing in a junior c match... thanks be to Jaysus! Big Buck's was great at evens, 11/10, 5/4 week so I've had a great week, my best ever. Grands Crus ran some race on ground he wouldn't necessarily favour though, and Mourad was brilliant too.

No real fancies tomorrow; the plan is just to try not lose too much of the winnings!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cheltenham Thread   The Cheltenham Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cheltenham Thread
Page 1 of 1