Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

leinster leader(board)???

Go down 
+16
SeeTheStars
overthebar
ElGuerrouj
kelf
Sam1928
john smith
Yellow Pearl
Ogie
Stonecold
the big cal
TheBigFullForward
Taibi
parcel
Radley Park
Jimmy winning matches
naked-lilly
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

leinster leader(board)??? Empty
PostSubject: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:56 am

can someone please explain why the fuck the leinster leader cant post up the league tables!!!
i dont think ive seen them in there once this season
i know there on the website and in here the odd time but thats no good to the likes of my oul lad who goes to every club game and hasn't a clue where we stand its a pathetic sports section! Mad
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 am

you should e mail the leinster leader does questions see what answers u get
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:45 am

naked-lilly wrote:
can someone please explain why the fuck the leinster leader cant post up the league tables!!!
i dont think ive seen them in there once this season
i know there on the website and in here the odd time but thats no good to the likes of my oul lad who goes to every club game and hasn't a clue where we stand its a pathetic sports section! Mad

When the league tables are up to date I am sure the local newspapers will publish the league tables!!
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 am

I'm with the nudey lily on this...! Under nine soccer have tables in it every week why can't the co board get the tables sent in. Even the ones on the website aren't up to date! Bit of a shambles
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 am

Totally agree, it's a ridiculous situation, the Leader is a joke anyway, The Nationalist is'nt much better, this week they have about ten pages of U12 finals (or whatever it is) but can't manage to print a few Senior League tables.

Compared to say The Leinster Express in Laois, both local papers are miles behind in terms of club coverage!
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:15 am

I would suggest that the papers would print the league tables if they were given the information. I know for a fact the soccer sends those league tables into the paper on a weekly basis therefore the tables get printed, does anybody from d GAA do that?
Back to top Go down
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 am

I agree to a certain degree with the posters. Tables should be up to date in each edition of the locali papers, but clubs are not great at sending results on, making tables a little haphazard. Soccer is more disciplined, so tables are accurate.

Agree that local rags are not great. Main part of the paper wouldn't exist without the courts. As for the sports section, they depend on club pro's. There is a poor standard of staff reporting. Common knowledge that the sports editor of one local rag picks up little tittle tattle stories from pub talk.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

What does a full time paid county secretary do? Yeah we have PRO's but surely there aren't 40 hours a week doing the secretary job and these roles should be combined. Or has the county board done a Bertie Ahern on it and diluted down the role via quangos????
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 pm

The reason is obvious - they're not supplied with the tables. I know they're not, because the clubs aren't. The fixtures secretary/country secretary/PRO should be supplying them on a weekly basis as used once be the case and as is the case with the soccer. I'm sure they'd print them if they're given them. They can't just guess them, especially without all the results.

I agree completely it's a dereliction of duty, not just to the supporters, but to the players themselves who haven't a clue where they stand.

But these are trifling little matters according to the county board.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am

This countyboard is in a bit of a tizzy at the mo. Ashe's dereliction of duty appears to have left a few looking over their shoulders. Any truth in the rumours that our current Runai is stepping down?
Back to top Go down
john smith
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 am

Well I'd be pretty sure they rely on club pro's for reports etc because how else are they going to cover god knows how many club games played over a weekend,only so much a certain amount of reports a reporter can do??for a fact every soccer team has to ring in reports after the game within a few hrs of finishing or take a fine,why not take a leaf from the soccer heads on that,at least it will all be kept in order!!club tables are never up to date on official site lily so if they started printing the wrong tables you'd be on here giving out about the papers for having wrong tables!!,soccer is there because it's kept alot more up to date,only county board to blame for not keeping there house in order but sure the clubs are forgotten about these days anyway!!
Anyway seems like good coverage of game for Sunday in all the papers,always start to get that buzz when papers are out building it all up...
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 am

If referees texted the scores of every game they do at the weekend to one number then surely all the results could be easily collated onto a spreadsheet and tables calculated automatically in the space of an hour or two for all grades on a Monday morning/afternoon or whatever day of the week. Sounds easy. Why isnt this happening????

Not blaming anyone but surely that looks straight forward or am I missing something obvious.
Back to top Go down
john smith
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 am

That's exactly it Sam,soccer have to ring in a report to a specific number with reports and scores,this can all be relayed and as u say totaled up as results are in,rocket science it ain't then the papers can report an up to date table supplied by county board...you'd worry about some people running this basic stuff!!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 am

Clubs are supposed to ring results to a specific number.

Many dont and also some games are not played so how is it possible to have up to date tables.

If some of our posters took the job at their next club AGM we might see an improvement.

Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:18 am

kelf wrote:

Clubs are supposed to ring results to a specific number.

Many dont and also some games are not played so how is it possible to have up to date tables.

A number of poster have already outlined a number of ways as to how it's possible, the easiest being the referees texting the results.

You putting the blame on the clubs is non sensical as I'm sure the results have to be verified with the ref anyway to avoid false or inaccurate results being sent in by the clubs.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 am

The idea of Refs texting in results was tried a few years back and it failed misearably so they went back to the clubs and that's how it will stay. Since when have results sent in by clubs been cross-checked with Refs ????
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:14 am

the results are still texted in by the refs there lads and as far as i know . if the dont text them in, a reminder text is sent to ref to forward the result asap. the result is only valid from the refs match report which is sent in to county secretary a few days later.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:36 pm

I dont see the sense in clubs ringing in scores. Sure theres plenty of pitfalls in that and if it always comes back to the refs report then surely thats where the results should come from straight after a game.

Even if an online thing was set up with all fixtures each week and a ref can log in that night with his own details and update the scores there and then for the administrator then to verify or go live with tables or whatever.

It is 2011 afterall.
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 pm

It's not the papers fault. I am PRO for my club and any time I send in match reports, results etc they are printed. You have to judge when to send them in, for example no point in sending in anything next week as they will have extensive coverage of the Kildare game.
The Co Board leave a fair bit to be desired with regard to getting league tables published, it seems almost an after though that someone might be interested where they stand in the league.
You are right in saying we have a full time Co secretary, however she can't do it all on her own.
Also, I disagree with the comment about the Under 12's. They are as much entitled to get their bit of coverage in the paper as the Senior teams, after all in 5-6 years time these guys will be playing senior. The coverage they get does no harm at all.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Compared to say The Leinster Express in Laois, both local papers are miles behind in terms of club coverage![/quote]

Just so you know there are four local papers in Kildare!
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 pm

It's gonna be some kick in the bolox for them 12 year olds when they get to senior level and have no league tables to look at...co board are makin a shambles of the club scene.... Don't think ya could trust the refs to go online either.. I'd say a few of them wouldn't know how to work the interweb?
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:58 pm

It should be down to the referee to txt in the result straight after the game, it costs 10 cent or whatever to send and surely they all have mobile phones. If they don't send in results one week, they don't get a game the next week, it's that simple.

Even the most well meaning clubman on the line can count up the scores wrong, the ref is the only one with the official result. He has to be the one to send it in
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 am

Excellent, looks like we solved this problem for the County Board, The papers, the players and the fans....

Next motion on the agenda is ????
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 am

Look it's a simple thing for someone on the County Board - Secretary, PRO or Vice Chairman (who's job entails fixtures) - is to ring the referee in charge of games and get the result if the referees themselves won't send in the results - it's not gonna cost any of those CB officials a dime because their phones are covered in expenses!
But as far as I can see the CB is at sixes and sevens since Ashe left - whether you like him or not he got that particular job done, both as Vice Chairman and as Chairman (remember he had to step in last year to sort fixtures, results, tables).
There is a problem though with fixtures because when fixtures go out on on Sunday night/Monday morning, there are clubs who are not sticking to the scheduled dates and are in turn arranging to play games when it suits them - as that is the case it is difficult to keep track of games being played or not.
But as the old saying goes, where there is a will there is a way!
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:14 am

kelf wrote:

The idea of Refs texting in results was tried a few years back and it failed misearably so they went back to the clubs and that's how it will stay. Since when have results sent in by clubs been cross-checked with Refs ????

Are you for real?? So when a club sends in a result it should just be taken as gospel!!?? Sure what is the point in the ref taking down the score in his notebook at all so, sure the clubs will decide the final score! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leinster leader(board)???   leinster leader(board)??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leinster leader(board)???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next