Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paddy Heaney

Go down 
+11
Loads of Pints
lastline
Sam1928
MD
SamMaguire
Rex
koko39
naked-lilly
Taibi
Could'nt Trap Cement
hawker
15 posters
AuthorMessage
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 am

I see Heaney is pulling no punches in todays Examiner. I can't seem to find a link to it but he has a right go. Maybe if someone else has link they might post it.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:30 am

Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 am

Utter shite!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:54 am

39 steps took by Callaghan? That sums up that article, pure tripe.

Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:03 am

im fuckin sick of people sayin what about the meath and derry goals we would of beaten meath either way they were fucked they got another chance and still lost the derry goal wasnt a goal simple as and again we would of beaten them anyway tomas's goal would of killed donegal thats the difference!
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:22 am

Admittedly this year Kildare were extremely unlucky to concede a free in the dying seconds of the Leinster final. But let’s remember they mightn’t have reached the final if Syl Doyle hadn’t disallowed Graham Geraghty’s perfectly valid goal in the Meath game.
Someone needs to tell this journalist that we didn't get to the leinster final this year!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:23 am

I bet he's been waiting with that effort for a while, just like a lot of people who are now confident enough to stick the knife in.

Heaney whoever he is is not fit to lace the mans boots and hopefully if Geezer is around next year he'll keep those knives sharp and stick them back square between the eyes of a few people.

As for the article it's utter pish, a junior cert student could write better. The last line is unbelievable.

Mr Heaney please go for a long walk of a very short pier you sanctimonious fool.

If Geezer need motivating for another go, that will fire the coals.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:46 am

Getting rightly sick of all these f*ckers calling us whingers.

Our time will come.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 am

Totally discredited the article when he says we were in the Leinster final,absolute fool.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Another prime example of lazy journalism. The pool of quality sports journalists in this country is getting smaller by the day.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm

but didnt we all read it. he is gettin the same viewing as dunphy throwing the pens. its wat keeps him in a job. same as brolly , spillane etc. without controversy there nothing. sometimes i dont think they even believe what they are saying themselves. to be a small bit positive on the article he does credit geezer for the gesture to the young boy and that is good to see coming from the sometimes fierce looking pose of geezer. sometimes take the glass as half full rather than half empty.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Another prime example of lazy journalism. The pool of quality sports journalists in this country is getting smaller by the day.

he is actually a nordie, he writes for the irish news (daily publication north of the border) and with each piece he writes, the less credibility he has from the nordies!

he is a clown, has no place tobe writing for the examiner, which actually is usally one of the better publications for GAA coverage
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Absolute tripe!
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:28 pm

shocking journalism, utter tripe from a clown that just waiting to get a dig in.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 pm

lastline wrote:
but didnt we all read it. he is gettin the same viewing as dunphy throwing the pens. its wat keeps him in a job. same as brolly , spillane etc. without controversy there nothing. sometimes i dont think they even believe what they are saying themselves. to be a small bit positive on the article he does credit geezer for the gesture to the young boy and that is good to see coming from the sometimes fierce looking pose of geezer. sometimes take the glass as half full rather than half empty.

Taken in isolation this article could possibly be viewed as the glass half full scenario. However this is not the first time he ha displayed his obvious dislike.

Ironic with the title of the article that he fails to mention Alan Smiths 'point' against Down. Selective seeing indeed.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 pm

No problem with reasonable criticism and Eamonn Callaghan did take too many steps for the goal. But Coulter's 'goal' was blatant, Smith's point was clearly over, and we were denied a very good penalty shout in that game. Not stretching it to say decisions went against us.

Next time someone mentions Meath and Derry's goals this year, I'm gonna lose it. We won the Meath match by six points. Derry's 'goal' was a square ball and a good call by Syl Doyle. Far from being 'obviously terrified' by Kildare, Doyle got that decision spot on, and in fairness to him, Geraghty's 'goal' was much tougher to call, nowhere near as obvious as the Coulter and O'Connor decisions.

Sick of being called a whinger when we're just pointing out obvious incorrect calls. I haven't met one Kildare person who doesn't also admit that we weren't good enough to win the All-Ireland this year.

And of course, Paddy displays the depth of his professionalism and GAA knowledge with his 'Leinster final' howler.

The other thing that sickens me with the boots being thrown into Kildare and McGeeney is not one of these journalists has the balls to express an opinion on a team without the benefit of hindsight. They move as a herd. This year we've had: Kildare do poorly in the league, they're shyte, no wait, they beat Meath, they're brilliant, oh look, they lost to Dublin, they have no natural footballers, but then again, they scored 3-15 against Laois, they've sorted their problems and are top three, oh on fifth thoughts, they lost by a point after 100 minutes against Donegal, it must be because they motivated Donegal with a press cutting, also they have no natural footballers, and on top of that, now they're out, let's be brave and call McGeeney a whinger. And if the game had gone a point the other way, Kidlare would be brilliant again, and Carew's story a masterstroke.

Irish GAA journalists are, with very rare exceptions, a complete fcuking joke. And then they wonder why newspaper sales are dropping through the floor.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Top post O2B, you know what makes me laugh. A lot of so called Journalists or media types will moan that McGeeney won't talk to them or doesn't open himself up more. After reading that tripe is it any wonder. I'd be surprised if he utters another word to any of that lot, KFM apart.
Back to top Go down

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Mickey Harte wont speak to anyone, I think he is dead right.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
No problem with reasonable criticism and Eamonn Callaghan did take too many steps for the goal. But Coulter's 'goal' was blatant, Smith's point was clearly over, and we were denied a very good penalty shout in that game. Not stretching it to say decisions went against us.

Next time someone mentions Meath and Derry's goals this year, I'm gonna lose it. We won the Meath match by six points. Derry's 'goal' was a square ball and a good call by Syl Doyle. Far from being 'obviously terrified' by Kildare, Doyle got that decision spot on, and in fairness to him, Geraghty's 'goal' was much tougher to call, nowhere near as obvious as the Coulter and O'Connor decisions.

Sick of being called a whinger when we're just pointing out obvious incorrect calls. I haven't met one Kildare person who doesn't also admit that we weren't good enough to win the All-Ireland this year.

And of course, Paddy displays the depth of his professionalism and GAA knowledge with his 'Leinster final' howler.

The other thing that sickens me with the boots being thrown into Kildare and McGeeney is not one of these journalists has the balls to express an opinion on a team without the benefit of hindsight. They move as a herd. This year we've had: Kildare do poorly in the league, they're shyte, no wait, they beat Meath, they're brilliant, oh look, they lost to Dublin, they have no natural footballers, but then again, they scored 3-15 against Laois, they've sorted their problems and are top three, oh on fifth thoughts, they lost by a point after 100 minutes against Donegal, it must be because they motivated Donegal with a press cutting, also they have no natural footballers, and on top of that, now they're out, let's be brave and call McGeeney a whinger. And if the game had gone a point the other way, Kidlare would be brilliant again, and Carew's story a masterstroke.

Irish GAA journalists are, with very rare exceptions, a complete fcuking joke. And then they wonder why newspaper sales are dropping through the floor.

Excellent especially the bit in bold. Thats exactly how I see it too.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

Excellent especially the bit in bold. Thats exactly how I see it too.

Summed up brilliantly............spot on!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:27 am

Yeah think I read you saying something very similar a while back Sam. The no natural footballers thing is my chief beef though. Like what is 'a natural footballer' anyway? And who on the Kildare team exactly is not a 'natural footballer'?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paddy Heaney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddy Heaney   Paddy Heaney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paddy Heaney
Page 1 of 1