Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kilare fans abuse antrim players?

Go down 
+22
walsheman
Cilldara_2000
wingback
peile
shoutitout
lillylass98
gremlin
Jimmy winning matches
Onhisboot
Rex
johnsmyth
turdman tackle
flourman
kickingking
Sam1928
FearBan
bob12
milhouse
Yellow Pearl
lilypremier
clonmullin
kartman
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Empty
PostSubject: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=131325

Just reading this on hogan stand.Was i at a different game?

Complete disrespect from bradley to bad mouth our supporters,especially on the day that was in it.

Surely complete lies?

We must get behind this team sat now more than ever.
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 pm

I am genuinely dumbfounded by those comments - I never heard a bean. If you check the Hoganstand Antrim Forum the only complaints are about the Antrim section behind the goals - and to be honest I didn't think that was anything worse than what you'd hear/see on the Hill.

I can only imagine Bradley is trying to up the mind games (after the half time incident where neither team would come out) and is somehow trying to get the Casement crowd to be hostile - just very very poor judgement. No supporters should need a reason, or cause, to create a home ground factor
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Lads that is a complete misunderstanding- it was the antrim fans abusing all ot the kildare players and fans.On the terrace, there was one particluar group of fans who were absolutley hammered drunk, and they were being highly abusive to anyone near them. My own nephew who is 10, got called a w*nker and a c*nt by them, and they also threwtheir cans over the back of the terrace, where they struck cars. So i dont think it was us being abusive to them.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Does it really matter?? How many people go to atches these days and stay quiet from first whistle to last?
There is a myth out there for a long time now that Kildare fans are the best in the country. I have heard some serious abuse being directed at our own players down through the years and it hasnt always been by the same group.
Dont try and tell me that people here don't boo an opposing player when he's taking a free, or shout abuse when he gets a dodgey decision or takes a score?!
Bradley is merely trying to deflect some attention and pressure from his team. Its what he's paid to do!
Back to top Go down
milhouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Didnt drunk jackeens from Leixlip abuse Kildare players every match that was played in Croker
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:56 pm

I did see 1 fan abusing the antrim number 33 on the way out of the ground he was calling him a northy f***er seems that the 33 did or say something coming off the pitch.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 pm

milhouse your comments are uncalled for no jackeens in leixlip or north kildare for that matter
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 am

What a back handed, sly comment to make.

This is surely the rally cry Kildare supporters’ need. I hope Kildare fans will travel in huge numbers on Saturday evening and support the lads.

Hopefully the mind games being employed by Bradley will back fire seriously and it will only encourage to lillies to roar and shout on the team.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 am

Mind games by the Antrim manager and pretty insensitive ones at that. This story is best ignored and if anything he has put his own fans on the warpath for our visit next saturday. Hope our fans and players are treated with the respect they deserve.

You cant account for individual clowns but I think he was very general in his remarks.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 am

This lad has some neck.

I've followed Kildare all over the country for years.Of course we've a few clowns that follow us (who doesn't) but in the main, I think the Kildare support is very fair and sporting. It's ironic that he tars us all with the same brush yet fails to mention the small minority of Antrim fans on the terrace who spent the whole game drinking cans and shouting vile abuse at players from both teams. In fairness to the vast majority of the Antrim crowd they were very apologetic about the behaviour of this handful of lads.

I hope Kildare go out on Saturday and ram this insult down his throat.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 am

This a blatent attempt to rile Antrim supporters on Saturday night, Bradley obviously wants a hostile, volitile receiption for the Kildare team and suppoters. I for one hope we bring 2000-3000 fans up to Casement Park this Saturday to watch our team ram his lying words straight down his throat.

He is obviously shitting it and having watched his team be dominated for long periods last Saturday night I can't blame him.

Despite stating that he felt his team deserved to win (because his team dominated the final 5 minutes of normal time, despite being dominated for the other 65 - What a TIT) he knows that if we play to our potential and take our chances, his team don't stand a chance.

So get up a support our boys on Saturday and help shut the Baldy Baker up for the rest of the year.

Back to top Go down
turdman tackle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:47 am

turdman agrees with flourman.

Turdman watched Bakers interview after the Kildare game in total disbelief, Antrim dominated 5 minutes of a 70 minute game and Baker thinks they should have won.

Turdman thinks that Baker has a severe dose of the verbal runs.

Turdman wants every flourbag up in Belfast on Saturday behind the team.

Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:54 am

Obviously thinks its smart to try and create an intimidating atmosphere up in belfast by playing the victim, unfortunately this rubbish gets printed. He should be ashamed of himself coming out with this nonsense for the sake of gaining some sort of advantage, in fact I think by saying this he is inciting the vastly well behaved Antrim supporters to display a hatred of Kildare footballers and supporters when in general it was a sporting game with a great attendance.
Stick to managing your football team.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 am

Surelt to god the County Board must repond to these damning reports.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:20 am

The man is an idiot. He should be censored for that kind of Shite.

I hope to God we ram it down his throat on Saturday then he won't have to worry about supporters for a while.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:34 am

Didnt drunk jackeens from Leixlip abuse Kildare players every match that was played in Croker
Milhouse that was very uncalled for. there are dubs living all over kildare. You dont brand the whole of leixlip the same, just because some people have dublin accents. i am 56 now and i was born on the main street in leixlip CO KILDARE. dont know how i could be called a dub. try to back up your points with real facts.
Most of the people i leixlip that i know ar true KILDARE FANS.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 am

That looks like a blatant fabrication from Bradley and an obvious ploy to up the ante in Belfast. He has spent all his career in Ulster and says he was taken back by the level of abuse in Newbridge...what a load of shit, Bradley is an ass!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 am

blame lies with that laois ref
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am

I can honestly say that I never heard one word of abuse being hurled at any Antrim player on Saturday and was totally gobsmacked when I heard what Mr. Bradley had to say. Me thinks he's trying to frighten us off by trying to created a hostile atmosphere for Saturday . So I think we should turn up in our droves on Saturday and show him that "Lily Whites" we certainly are, but lily livered we certainly are not.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 am

Ya well said GREMLIN I agree, we should get behind our team like we used to and sing a few songs! sure remember the hill years ago- full of lilies singing!!!
Bring Back the old days of the nineties!!
Back to top Go down
lillylass98
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm

The only abuse that I can think of is the booing in the first half as the Antrim goalie slyly kept taking the kick outs off the ground and not from the T. Neither the umpires nor the ref who during these times usually was running up towards midfield pulled him up on it. The goalie was also kicking a rolling ball to try and get the kick out before the ref faced play - anything to keep it out of midfield and Earley's reach.

Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 pm

This is some load of B****x. It is comments like this that can cause trouble for fans at games. I for one shout at games. Most of the time it is in support of our players but some of the time the poor ref will get it from me. Never have I abused a player for our against us.
I have being saying for some time now that I believe that the friendly banter that used to be there between fans of both teams is not as friendly as it once was and it is comments like this that will only add to this.
I have unfortunately being at club games(not in this county) where I have seen fights break out between fans. My believe is it will only be a matter of time before this will happen at a county match and if it does the GAA will then have to consider splitting the fans. If this does ever happen I for one will never attend a match again.
The GAA should really look into what Bradley said. If found to be true they should ask the county board to identify the people that did it and ban them from future games. If it is found that the comments were false I believe that Bradley should be banned from the GAA.
I am sorry if this sounds like a rant but it is a part of our sport that I feel very strongly about.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Agree, someone should take Bradley to task. Totally irresponsible of him. He's making things difficult for our supporters, the team and the ref. If there's any hassle in Casement he's to blame for inciting it.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Would totally agree shoutitout,its stupid comments like this that will create a hostile atmosphere between fans,and nobody wants that.
GAA fans should never have to be split.... The gaa should do everythin in their power to nip this kind thing in the bud...
Bradley should be held accountable(or our fans)
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Just saw the Irish Indo today and Ian O Doherty's ISpy column shines a funny light on it!!See Below

"Yup, they have the high ground for sure

The divide between GAA lads and football fans is still as wide as ever in some circles and Antrim boss Liam Bradley isn't doing much to mend any bridges.

Speaking about the behaviour of the crowd at Newbridge during his team's match against Kildare, he loftily declared: "A lot of my players took a lot of flak from the supporters. You would have thought it was more a soccer match than a Gaelic match."

Yup, because the GAA fans are always so impeccably behaved. That is when they're not bundling referees into the boot of a car or having 30-man riots on the pitch.

But, really, Bradley has a bloody cheek.

After all, when you let a foreigner into your country, the least you can expect is for them to be a bit gracious about his hosts. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kilare fans abuse antrim players?   Kilare fans abuse antrim players? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kilare fans abuse antrim players?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next