Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suitable Assistant for Geezer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Suitable Assistant for Geezer Empty
PostSubject: Suitable Assistant for Geezer   Suitable Assistant for Geezer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 pm

One of the many qualities that last nights minor team showed in their victory was their strength in the tackle and ability to tackle cleanly.
It bore a striking resemblance to the qualitites that Grimley had us at last year. Given that a Kildare man, Cian O'Neill is charged with coaching and training this minor side. I reckon he should be considered as a coach for the senior side, alongside Geezer.
If he's good enough to coach Sigerson Cup teams, All-Ireland Hurling Finalists,Tipperary, Newtownshandrum to an All-Ireland CLub Semi final and now this minor team. Its an obvious choice.
It would free up Geezer and O'Rourke to do the football side of things. Just food for thought
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: Suitable Assistant for Geezer   Suitable Assistant for Geezer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:53 pm

He certainly highly qualified and has great experience now. I'm sure he'll be involved with the seniors soon enough. Have no idea how he gets on with Geezer and that will be the deciding factor. Isn't Geezer's girlfriend(?) from the high performance in DCU helping coach the players anyway?
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Suitable Assistant for Geezer   Suitable Assistant for Geezer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Would like to think that Geezer will be here next year.if so then Cain should be on the coaching side of it
Back to top Go down
blackwood
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Suitable Assistant for Geezer   Suitable Assistant for Geezer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Although Cian is a top coach,i'm not sure he's needed at the moment.
Julie is a top coach and aidan and niall can train to a high level also.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suitable Assistant for Geezer   Suitable Assistant for Geezer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:14 pm

I wouldnt doubt for 1 sec that Julie is a great coach, the physical evidence is there. These players have never been in better shape, Id doubt any Kildare team has. O'Rourke comes with a track record from Sigerson etc aswell.
But after 3 years instead of Co. Board panicing and doing something stupid. I believe on the evidence of what Ive seen in recent times that Cian O'Niell would be the best home grown coach we have available.
Im not saying for one second that he should replace Geezer, I am saying he should team up with him. There was room for Grimley to work with Julie and Geezer. I dont see why he couldnt fill a similar role to Grimley?!
Comments like ''not needed'' make me laugh. Have people forgotten our imability to pass, tackle, score this year?
Top coaches are always needed, especially home grown ones. If the Limerick footballers can see it and Tipperary hurlers can see it, what makes the Kildare footballers so good that they dont need it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suitable Assistant for Geezer   Suitable Assistant for Geezer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suitable Assistant for Geezer
Page 1 of 1