Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublinese in kildare

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Dublinese in kildare Empty
PostSubject: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 am

So lads out of interest how far has the dublin accent spread through our county? At the last kildare (match the donegal game,) i was sitting beside a lad from naas about 5 or 4 years old and he had wan of the biggest dublin accents on him but was an out an out lillywhite. Same as I have a family in Leixlip and they may sound like dubs but bygod their very big Kildare fans. Just wondering how far has it spread in the county?

Last edited by lilywhites on tour on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
denlaw
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:05 am

It's that silly stupid d4 accent that drives me mad , Jesus , all the young ones are rife with it .. Ya know loike ya ..
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:47 am

haha jaysus I hate it myself! Theres a few youngwans in Sallins that sound posh!

Last edited by lilywhites on tour on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
denlaw
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:39 am

Athy is rampant with it , I've a niece living in ballylinan and going to school in athy who sounds like she's from dalkey .. Her grandfather would spin in his grave if he heard her ..
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 am

Really thats gas?

Last edited by lilywhites on tour on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
denlaw
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 am

It's mainly the young ones , we were at my nieces communion last yr and her older sister had 4/5 of her friends out at it ( she's 15 ) , I thought they were speaking a different language ..
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 am

Jaysus thats gas alright! Id know a good few around 17 my age and are Rail Kildare !
Back to top Go down
denlaw
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:18 am

It's that bit at the end when they go up an octive , yrs ago if a lad went to collage or work in Dublin and came back with an accent ... He'd be jaysus slaughtered , I know one lad who went on a two mth block release when serving his time , came back like an extra from fair city ..
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 am

I live in Celbridge and it could be mistaken for sherriff street at times. tight haircuts tracksuits and the accent.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 am

Would you expect a massive change in accents as you travel the couple of hundred yards from Lucan / Dublin to Leixlip / Kildare? Surely people are bound to sound the same around there?

I'd agree the southside, faux California accent is more annoying than the rest though.

A bit of a twang doesn't bother me, but there's some people out there who'd you'd think spent their lives on Moore St the way they go on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublinese in kildare   Dublinese in kildare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublinese in kildare
Page 1 of 1