Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

u21 championship

Go down 
+46
gomearza
realitycheck
LargeFullForward
willystroker
Al~Bino
lillyboy
kelf
lilywhites on tour
if_in_doubt
centreback
browners84
tpos
GaaHead
bag of white
easydoesit
parcel
tomcruise
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
le hit in
ElGuerrouj
realmoore
losthope
BelieveToAchieve
smokey
Taibi
lomond
kartman
topcat
Ogie
Fear An Geata
whitetop
Big Full Back
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted
Botch
Loads of Pints
SeamusMurphy
lastline
jim
TheBigFullForward
oldspice
jj
murof
flourman
Adam91
all_star
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
all_star
Junior A
Junior A

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:23 am

Any word on when the u21 championshipm is set to start?

Also does anybody have any idea who'll get the county 21 job this year, heard a few different names mentioned but they all seem to be speculations.
Back to top Go down
Adam91
Junior A
Junior A

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:34 am

As far as I know its due to start 2 or 3 weeks after senior championship final.

No idea on county manager.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:30 pm

I have been informed that Alan Barry was asked to stay on.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 pm

It would be a disaster if Barry was allowed to stay on. His record is dreadful and the fine young minor talent of the last few years will be wasted. Athy are the current u21 champions and winners of 3 in a row minor titles and could only manage one starter on Barry's team this year. He is clearly not picking the best players available. Compare his record with Glen Ryan's and you see what can be achieved.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 pm

flourman wrote:
I have been informed that Alan Barry was asked to stay on.

Had to check calendar to make sure it wasnt 1st April after reading that ......
Back to top Go down
all_star
Junior A
Junior A

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Surely Barry can't get it again... I agree murof, also out ofclane and athy from last years u21 final only one player played!

There are surely better candidates than barry, but i've a feeling mageeney will appoint another yes-man, which would be disastorous. There is an enormous amount of talent at this level - a good manager is definitely needed
Back to top Go down
oldspice
Intermediate
Intermediate

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 am

Athy to win the u21 easy with mulhall kelly and reynolds up front cant see many stopping them
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 am

oldspice wrote:
Athy to win the u21 easy with mulhall kelly and reynolds up front cant see many stopping them

Wonder how they would be effected if they won the senior and had to play in Leinster though?
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 am

Am I the only one who can't see what all the fuss about Darroch Mulhall is .Now Im no expert but I've heard alot about him in the last couple of years and to be honest I don't see anything to be getting excited about..... He can score on occasion but his work rate is poor to say the least. Maybe I was just unlucky to see him on a few off days.
As for Alan Barry I hope he gets the Job I think he is an honest guy and if he thinks the best 15 to start the championship come from Clongory well so be it. Moorefield were county champions last year and in a few games they had only 1 on the team and in 1 or 2 games they hadn't anyone on the starting 15. Be all acounts he was well respected from with in the camp last year.....only my opinion...
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:37 am

you being at the drink again jim. mulhall is a class act. the points he kicked in the 1st half against sars in c/ship quarter were brilliant. the real thing kildare seniors are missing if you ask me. an off the cuff forward like johnny mcdonald was. as regards alan barry his results speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Relax there last line I havent seen alot of Mulhall and I wasn't at the Quater final game but I saw him a few times with the juniors and last Sunday V the Larries and for all the talk about him I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I could be very wrong and i really hope I am. I 'm not on here to be hard on a young player lastline .Its not the lads fault there is so much talk about him I suppose.
Back to top Go down

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

From free's he is lethal but not sure if he has anything to offer from play thats better then what we have already!
Back to top Go down

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Fairly obvious umpire you've an issue against Athy with the sockgate thread earlier in the week.

I'd take anything you say about athy or their players with a copious amount of salt.

Mulhall is a very good player and I think is top scorer in this years senior championship, open to correction. He is only 20 at the end of the day and a stint with McGeeney in particular and the Srnior set up would help is work rate and temperament.

He has the potential to be great/excellent but it's in his hands.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 pm

No one is saying Mulhall is the finished article yet and he needs to improve on his workrate and temperament. However no Kildare player apart from JD and Jimmers can kick points like he can. His left footed freetaking is better than any senior county player and that aspect of our play was found wanting this year. I would judge Barry on his record which is not good enough for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm

There is no doubt D Mulhall has ability, and we badly need a left footed free taker. His biggest weakness imo is he is not a team player and takes the wrong option, reluctant to pass to a player in a better position. If he can improve this aspect of his game then he is a serious option.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 pm

The u 21 and minor management positions have to change. I ahve no doubt that the talent is there at both age groups, and its about time we started to get some success at underage. Look what can be achieved as Tipp showed this Year. For the record, its hard to believe that a County as strong as ours has never won an All - Ireland Minor, and I think the last Leinster won was in 1991. I hear a lot has been done at underage with development squads etc. , which can only be good. I noticed in the last 3 years some players who couldnt make the minor team, were making the u 21 team in the same year! dosent make sence to me.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:46 pm

i heard management team consisting of Rainbow and Ronan Quinn.

too much talent at this age group for it to go to Barry again. They did the same thing with Jarlath Gilroy a few years ago and that got them nowhere.

id liek to see the new selector/assistant manager (or even McGeeney himself) having a more hands on approach with this group of lads. Definitely the most talented bunch since the 08 team
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I hope the right team are put in place and they organise it and train the lads correctly. I would be worried about burn out with some of the players as they all play important roles for their clubs and I assume for their colleges.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 am

I agree that Rainbow would be a good choice manager for u21s. He was a selector last year and should have learned from that. When we won the u21 Leinster in 1992, a lot of those lads went on to become the spine of the 98 team. On paper we have a huge chance next year.
Back to top Go down
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted
Junior C
Junior C
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Scrap the u21's
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Hello wrote:
Scrap the u21's

A pattern to your posts is emerging. Your a wind up merchant...
Back to top Go down
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted
Junior C
Junior C
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:01 am

I aint a wind up merchant. I keep it real. Scrap the u21's and minor and set up an u19 competition.Makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 am

U21 Championship
Please note that the draw for the U/21 A & B Championship will be made at the County Board Meeting tomorrow night the 4th of October.
Back to top Go down
whitetop
Junior A
Junior A

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 am

well lads, any news about the club draw???
Back to top Go down
all_star
Junior A
Junior A

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 am

Any word on the draw lads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

u21 championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: u21 championship   u21 championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

u21 championship
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next